roll calls

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:34 PM.
30 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Im searching for my roll call on 19-11-17 and im not having any luck does anyone know what im doing wrong. ( something silly more likley) ( Cunard roll call )
Iowa
1,267 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by denn1
Im searching for my roll call on 19-11-17 and im not having any luck does anyone know what im doing wrong. ( something silly more likley) ( Cunard roll call )
I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I can't find a roll call for just QM2's westbound crossing for 19 Nov-26 Nov 2017 (Voyage M743). If you continuing on to the Caribbean departing New York on 26 Nov 2017, then there is this roll call for that voyage which includes several members who have indicated they are starting that voyage from Southampton on 19 Nov 2017.

Qm2 November 26,2017

If you are just doing the westbound crossing, then you may want to start a roll call for that crossing.

Regards,
John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)

Kansas City
420 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
I had a similar experience trying to find the QM2 December 8th B2B crossings roll call. In case you overlooked it, there is another link right below the regular search parameter boxes titled "If you don't find your Roll Call here, click here". I was able to find our roll call there. Hope this helps.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,452 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
If you can't find your roll call you can always start one. Please include the start date and the month as the name rather than the number so 19th November 2017.
It helps those who use a different date format.
Thanks and have a great trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
UK
49 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
I had great difficulty in finding my Queen Victoria roll call. Searching the way I have always done comes up with the cruise and then a page error. Eventually I found it but something appears to be going wrong here, possibly since the format of the site changed recently.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,452 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Which roll call were you looking for ? I can't see that you have posted to a Cunard one recently.
The automatic finder can sometimes take you a roll call which might have been deleted as a duplicate.
The best way is just to check the roll call section under Queen Victoria.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
UK
49 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
When I looked on Cunard roll calls Queen Victoria October 7th I found a page of auto posts. When I then clicked on view more I got a page stating 'Invalid thread specified'. I eventually went into the roll call through a post on Cunard threads. This is the first time I've ever had problems finding a roll call.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,452 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
It's here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2459210

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Iowa
1,267 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by Host Hattie
It's here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2459210

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Forums mobile app
Host Hattie,

The roll call can indeed be found by looking for it under "Cruise Critic", "Boards", "ROLL CALLS", "Cunard Roll Calls", "Queen Victoria". That's presumably how you found it since that's the path to it using the link you provided.

However, there appears to be an issue accessing that roll call using the search function via "Home", "Community", "Roll Calls", "Find Your Roll Call". If I use the "Find Your Roll Call" function and search for "Cunard", "Queen Victoria", and "Oct 2017", the roll call for the October 7, 2017 sailing shows up in the search results. But then, when I click on the "View Discussion" link to enter the roll call, I get this error.

"Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Looks like some sort of system glitch with this particular roll call when trying to access it via the "Find Your Roll Call" search function. Not sure if you can assist with getting that issue resolved, but I hope that helps explain the problem Rebjon encountered.

Regards,
John

Edit: If this is one of those cases you mentioned where "The automatic finder can sometimes take you a roll call which might have been deleted as a duplicate.", then that would explain the situation. I don't see more than one result for QV's October 7, 2017 sailing in the search results that might indicate a duplicate though.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)