Cancelling Standard Tips

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:05 AM.
Manchester
171 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by wowzz
Not sure about your maths - apart from short 3 or 4 day cruises, you can't buy many cruises for less than £700 or £800. An additional £60 is not 10%, and is only likely to deter the most cash strapped cruisers.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app
15 night repositioning cruise on Azura from Southampton to Barbados is currently selling for 799pp direct with P&O or 769pp with my TA, that includes an overnight in Barbados at the end of the cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,021 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by ozzysdad
15 night repositioning cruise on Azura from Southampton to Barbados is currently selling for 799pp direct with P&O or 769pp with my TA, that includes an overnight in Barbados at the end of the cruise.
That's a good price, although I assume it is not for a balcony. I would be very tempted if we weren't doing a round trip to the Caribbean next month.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app
72 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
We were offered a balcony cabin on Azura for a 7 night cruise over Easter next year for 675 by our TA. Unfortunately once we decided to say yes they had made the announcement about Adonia and the price increased.
Solihull
2,193 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Interestingly apparently P&O is the company the crew from India most like working for (which would suggest they are treated fairly and equitably, despite working on a single contract basis). Having said this as Celebrity and other companies have so many ships and are building new ones all the time, the competition is growing. The other lines apparently pay more and offer better career progression which means many are choosing to take contracts with other lines, as they have to weigh up who they like working for against who pays more and offers more opportunity. It's interesting that it seems to be the base pay attracting them to other employers rather than approaches to tipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Whitley Bay, North East England
6,649 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by Florry
Interestingly apparently P&O is the company the crew from India most like working for (which would suggest they are treated fairly and equitably, despite working on a single contract basis). Having said this as Celebrity and other companies have so many ships and are building new ones all the time, the competition is growing. The other lines apparently pay more and offer better career progression which means many are choosing to take contracts with other lines, as they have to weigh up who they like working for against who pays more and offers more opportunity. It's interesting that it seems to be the base pay attracting them to other employers rather than approaches to tipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course the link between P&O and sub continent crews goes back perhaps 150 years as this ink shows.

http://www.pandosnco.co.uk/crews.html

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Aurora AU112 Arcadia AR223
Aurora R418 Aurora R419
Adonia F507 Adonia F508
Aurora R525 Arcadia J625
Oceana E721 Oriana X718
Arcadia J813 Oriana X820
Ventura N902 Aurora R913
Arcadia J004 Oceana E021
Ventura N110 Azura A121
Aurora R119 Ventura N210
Arcadia J217 Oriana X302
Oriana X312 Aurora R315
Oceana E402 Azura A409
Azura A410 Oceana E425
Oceana E426 Arcadia J510
Britannia B522 Britannia B523
Ventura N603 Azura A616
Arcadia J615 Arcadia J616
Oceana E625 Crown Princess May 17
Britannia B719 Britannia B720

To Come

Azura 17
Azura 17
Ventura 18
Oriana 18
Oriana 18
Ventura 19
Ventura 19
Britannia 19
Ventura 9
Ventura 19

Gan Canny

Dai
Batehaven, Australia
10,463 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by daiB
Of course the link between P&O and sub continent crews goes back perhaps 150 years as this ink shows.

http://www.pandosnco.co.uk/crews.html

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Great link, just had a read. Ye olde SS Iberia, met my wife on that ship off Fiji in 1970.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Batehaven, Australia
10,463 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by grapau27
Most of the crew have been Indian when we have been on P&O.
Yes and they do a fantastic job.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'