[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:29 PM.
SoCal Baby!
3,680 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by cr8tiv1
[Thnx everyone for the suggestions. We're just gonna just put some OBC on her account.
Best suggestion yet.[/quote]

Thanks..!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Tropicale 85 Mex Riv. First Cruise, got hooked!
Commadore Caribe 86 West Caribbean. 1st Cruise with my future wife! Had separate cabins, lol!
Carnival Jubilee (2) 90, 94 Mex Riv. Some of the funnest times!
Carnival Sensation 96 West Caribbean.
Explorer of the Seas 01 West Caribbean. First cruise for my boys (3 and 9 years old)!!
Princess Star 02 Mex Riv. Drama Cruise!
Carnival Spirit 04 Mex Riv. First 8 day!
Carnival Valor 05 West Caribbean. Crazy times, I'm on fire!!
Vision of the Seas 08 Mex Riv. Good Times w/friends and family!
Mariner of the Seas 09 Mex Riv. Favorite Ship!
Mariner of the Seas 10 Mex Riv. Favorite Ship!
Carnival Splendor 12 Mex Riv. Cruise with family and sons' future in-laws!
Allure of the Seas 14 East Caribbean. Missed the ship in Nassau!
Celebrity Equinox 5/17 Southern Caribbean. Anniversary Cruise! First 10 day, it was awesome! Met great people!
Ruby Princess Mex Riv. 10/17 Friends and Family cruise. Had a blast with 30 friends/family! Ship was boring though.
Norwegian Escape East Coast/Canada.10/18 Spend some time in NY before/after.
Royal Princess Pacific Coastal. 5/19
Royal/X/RCCL? Europe.10/19
and possibly a few others in between, can't remember!
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,134 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by cruzsnooze
Saving a buck is fine, comparative shop, wait for a sale, refare if it's before final payment. When you agree to a contract to follow rules and policy and disregard it as "not for me" it's not saving a buck, it's lying and cheating. It's that mentality which crashes anytime dining, line cutting, saving 10 seats in the theatre ................
Either you have a moral compass or you don't. Apparently the OP does and states she will buy her beverages on board.
I guess I don't.
I see many people have already responded to your comment so there nothing more to add.
Drink up & be happy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88

Richmond, Virginia
2,591 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
[quote=timtrek;54246476]
You really should be ashamed to ask people in an open forum how to steal from the cruise line their revenue. Did you teach your children to cheat on their exams at school too? You are a scammer and I wonder what else you're so dishonest about. You're also a cheapskate since you can buy the drink on board for a reasonable fee so there's no excuse to smuggle it.[/quote

Must be nice to be perfect.
Like uou none of us are perfect. Unlike you most of us do not feel like we have to be high and mighty and force standards on people that want nothing to do with yours. Like the saying goes "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." You should not be vasting disparity on anyone unless you can show you have never done any wrong. Otherwisr hypocrisy suits you very well. A fall from your high horse will cause grave injury. So be careful.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lifetime member of the Goat Locker
Los Angeles Ca.
5,180 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
The "entitlement" attitude of today is just horendous. Of course we've all done something slightly ascew but usually not deliberatly and never would I think to ask on a public forum how break the rules and polcies. True colors are coming out for many who must feel so entitled they're oblivious to RIGHT & WRONG.
You accepted a contract with your fare, doesn't that mean anything. If you don't like the terms and conditions then don't enter into a contract with Princess.
5,747 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
The "entitlement" attitude of today is just horendous. Of course we've all done something slightly ascew but usually not deliberatly and never would I think to ask on a public forum how break the rules and polcies.
I've been cruising for maybe 30 years.

Folks have been smuggling alcohol for as long as I can remember.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App
Williamsburg, VA
452 Posts
Joined May 2011
[quote=Potstech;54248519]
Originally posted by timtrek

Like uou none of us are perfect. Unlike you most of us do not feel like we have to be high and mighty and force standards on people that want nothing to do with yours. Like the saying goes "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." You should not be vasting disparity on anyone unless you can show you have never done any wrong. Otherwisr hypocrisy suits you very well. A fall from your high horse will cause grave injury. So be careful.
Been sipping some beers while watching the Virginia - Duke game? You may want to re-read your post and reflect upon what you have said in the context of what you have preached. It is quite comical, though.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,134 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
You accepted a contract with your fare, doesn't that mean anything. If you don't like the terms and conditions then don't enter into a contract with Princess.
Sure, you have to agree with their "contract" otherwise you can't board the ship. At that point anything I can get away with is fair game. Saving seats- show lounge & on deck, dress down on formal nights & smuggling of course.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88

San Diego, CA
5,240 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by pablo222

We're around 30 years of cruising also -- no need to smuggle back then, you were welcome to bring whatever you wanted to drink in your cabin, like a hotel (there are some similarities)

NCL pioneered banning guest bringing alcohol aboard in the mid-nineties, other lines slowly followed suite, and smuggling was born

I specifically remember our first Carnival cruise in 1988 -- the shop aboard had two prices on the bottles - one about the same as our supermarket prices, for bottles to take to your cabin and a lower (real duty free) price for them to hold for you to take home.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim & Alison

Laissez les bons temps rouler Let the good times roll!

Song Of Norway, Tropicale, Costa's Daphne, Regent Sun, Seabreeze, Regent Sun, Horizon, Crown Princess, Regal Princess, Statendam, Monarch Of The Seas, Carnival Spirit, Infinity, Mercury, Mercury, Mercury , Carnival Spirit, Serenade of the Seas, Carnival Spirit B2B, Mercury, Mercury, Carnival Elation, Zaandam, Radiance of the Seas, Carnival Spirit B2B, Carnival Spirit, Celebrity Century, Zuiderdam, Celebrity Century, Celebrity Century , Carnival Conquest B2B, Celebrity Eclipse, Legend of the Seas, Celebrity Equinox, Carnival Miracle, Ruby Princess, Crown Princess, Westerdam January 31, 2017 Mexico, Star Princess Mexico March 28th 2017 , November 4th and 11th 2017 Ruby Princess - Coastal and Mexico, March 30th 0218 --- 28 days to the South Seas -- Retirement !!! Emerald Princess
cool:
10,836 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
The "entitlement" attitude of today is just horendous. Of course we've all done something slightly ascew but usually not deliberatly and never would I think to ask on a public forum how break the rules and polcies. True colors are coming out for many who must feel so entitled they're oblivious to RIGHT & WRONG.
I follow the examples that were set by the leaders of our country!!!

WELL-----NOT ALL OF THEM!!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rich people stay rich by living like broke people
Broke people stay broke by living like rich people

I noticed the squirrels are starting to gather nuts --
Are you in a safe place ??
San Antonio spaceship earth
7,591 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
If the Boston Tea Party settlers dressed as Native Americans had not illegally boarded that ship, stole the barrels of tea and dumped them in the bay, we would still be singing "hail to the queen"! Luckily they chose to "break the law" and revolt against their king. Those loyal to the king moved to Canada. You could say they felt entitled to do that. Something to think about.

Originally posted by pablo222

Oh how true and a long standing posting on cruise critic including the various ways to do it. I imagine it is still quite well today.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL: Rhapsody, 2003; Voyageur, 2008, 2009; Adventure, 2008; Navigator 2013; Mariner 2010, 2011
Holland America: Veendam, 2006
Princess: Grand 2005, 2006; Ruby 2010, 2017; Island 2011, 2013; Emerald 2012, 2015, 2018, 2019; Golden 2012, 2014, 2015; Crown 2013, 2017; Caribbean 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018; Royal 2014; Star 2014; Regal 2016
Carnival: Elation 2005; Magic 2012, 2015; Breeze 2017, 2018; Vista 2019

castigat ridendo mores
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts - Mark Twain
USA
7,054 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Bet if the cruise lines didnt mark up alcohol prices so much there would not be nearly the smuggling that goes on these days.

and btw we stopped smuggling a few years ago as we do not drink nearly as much as we used to.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,134 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by elfinmagic
Ask floridalover - he uses rum runners according to him and has never been caught
I can see that you're a little bitter about all the people who have been successful at smuggling since you've been caught a few times.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88

UK
394 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by satxdiver
If the Boston Tea Party settlers dressed as Native Americans had not illegally boarded that ship, stole the barrels of tea and dumped them in the bay, we would still be singing "hail to the queen"! Luckily they chose to "break the law" and revolt against their king. Those loyal to the king moved to Canada. You could say they felt entitled to do that. Something to think about.

Oh how true and a long standing posting on cruise critic including the various ways to do it. I imagine it is still quite well today.
What the hell is "hail to the queen"?
Richmond, Virginia
2,591 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
[quote=tailspintom;54248961]
Originally posted by Potstech
Been sipping some beers while watching the Virginia - Duke game? You may want to re-read your post and reflect upon what you have said in the context of what you have preached. It is quite comical, though.
Not watching anything that says UVA on it. I see no need to reread or reflect. Go Hokies.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Richmond, Virginia
2,591 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by elfinmagic
Ask floridalover - he uses rum runners according to him and has never been caught
By the way just went to formal night last evening. Did not wear tux or suit coat and was admitted with no problem. Your buddy Jan must not have adhered to this so called letter to your reply. Will go again n a few days to see if maybe it will change mid cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cincinnati Ohio
1,119 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
One time, I ran with scissors. Do I need to get my moral compass recalibrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Your old pal,
Joe

Regal Princess - 2/2017
Regal Princess - 2/2016
Carnival Breeze - 2/2015
Carnival Valor - 3/2013
Crown Princess - 2/2010
Caribbean Princess - 2/2009
Crown Princess - 11/2006
Windjammer Polynesia - 9/2002
Windjammer Flying Cloud -7/1994

SoCal Baby!
3,680 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by MrSchwump

LOL!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Tropicale 85 Mex Riv. First Cruise, got hooked!
Commadore Caribe 86 West Caribbean. 1st Cruise with my future wife! Had separate cabins, lol!
Carnival Jubilee (2) 90, 94 Mex Riv. Some of the funnest times!
Carnival Sensation 96 West Caribbean.
Explorer of the Seas 01 West Caribbean. First cruise for my boys (3 and 9 years old)!!
Princess Star 02 Mex Riv. Drama Cruise!
Carnival Spirit 04 Mex Riv. First 8 day!
Carnival Valor 05 West Caribbean. Crazy times, I'm on fire!!
Vision of the Seas 08 Mex Riv. Good Times w/friends and family!
Mariner of the Seas 09 Mex Riv. Favorite Ship!
Mariner of the Seas 10 Mex Riv. Favorite Ship!
Carnival Splendor 12 Mex Riv. Cruise with family and sons' future in-laws!
Allure of the Seas 14 East Caribbean. Missed the ship in Nassau!
Celebrity Equinox 5/17 Southern Caribbean. Anniversary Cruise! First 10 day, it was awesome! Met great people!
Ruby Princess Mex Riv. 10/17 Friends and Family cruise. Had a blast with 30 friends/family! Ship was boring though.
Norwegian Escape East Coast/Canada.10/18 Spend some time in NY before/after.
Royal Princess Pacific Coastal. 5/19
Royal/X/RCCL? Europe.10/19
and possibly a few others in between, can't remember!
USA
7,054 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by MrSchwump

Good grief, how can you look at yourself in the mirror after that