Suit carriers

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:10 AM.
bristol
161 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
The P&O website states that suit carriers should be placed in main luggage. Do most people do this or do you add a luggage tag and hand them to a porter (on ex Southampton cruises?)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Uk, Wales,
141 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
I usually carry on and carry off if sailing in & out of Southampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wayne & Alison

Overlooking the Straights of Dover
152 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Originally posted by tinsoldier
The P&O website states that suit carriers should be placed in main luggage. Do most people do this or do you add a luggage tag and hand them to a porter (on ex Southampton cruises?)
The sort of garment bags which you'd get from a shop to take your suit home in would be best in main luggage or you can carry them yourself. The type which are themselves luggage, i.e. with shoulder straps etc, are best carried if they won't fit inside main luggage because the straps can get caught on conveyor belts. In either instance they're vulnerable to hard treatment by baggage handlers and the line (quite rightly) won't take responsibility if you risk it.
Mid Wales
104 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
We've got 2 fairly sturdy suit carriers and we always put them through the "hole in the wall" with the rest of the luggage. Not had any problems.

Michele