Upgraded to stateroom 233 on Wind Spirit ... good or bad?

Seraya

Hi Wind Spirit experts, I just got an e-mail from Windstar saying that we've been upgraded from 133 to 233 for our Tahiti sailing. I took a look at the deck plan and noticed that 233 is at the very end next to a blank area without any description. It is also right next to the stairwell. This made me think that perhaps the blank area is the engine room? What is you opinion? Am I better off with the original 133? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Hi Wind Spirit experts, I just got an e-mail from Windstar saying that we've been upgraded from 133 to 233 for our Tahiti sailing. I took a look at the deck plan and noticed that 233 is at the very end next to a blank area without any description. It is also right next to the stairwell. This made me think that perhaps the blank area is the engine room? What is you opinion? Am I better off with the original 133? Thank you in advance for any advice!

I suspect the blank area is crew/officer quarters. One thing is certain, a cabin on the second floor is definitely superior than on the first floor - only one flight of stairs instead of two and less vibration when at full speed under motor.

We had 129 on the Spirit several years ago and it was fine except the one night we were at max speed.

One thing we really liked (but not necessarily something everyone would like) was having the sea right outside our window. It may not be the best for those who are prone to seasickness.

We love the 100 level rooms. We love watching the sea splash, we get our best night's sleep with the gentle rocking of the ship. Actually the closer you are to the water the less motion and being midship. We are also being upgraded. I did not want it for I so love being water level but my husband said we should try, so indeed we will. On the Spirit and Star the extra stairs are a problem for some. I think it is really not an upgrade for all the rooms are very comfortable. Happy Sailing. Susanne

On our recent trip we stayed in 224 and loved the position. It is opposite the stairs which was convenient and there was no noise at all. The only down side to this cabin was when we anchored, which was all but 2 ports, they would half lower a tender and it blocked the view and light from the portholes. Seeing the cabin you are talking about is down further, this may not be a problem for you.

Thank you for your replies! It sounds like both 133 and 233 are essentially staterooms without any particular issues, in which case, I guess we'll enjoy our upgrade! I can't wait! :)

We have stayed in 232, with friends in 234 on the Wind Star. Both cabins were excellent with minimal noise. I would always pay the extra to stay in the 200 level vs 100 level as the noise is greater the lower down you go, and particularly toward the aft of the ship. Wind Star and Wind Spirit have pretty much identical layouts. I' d be taking the free upgrade with much thanks to Windstar as that just gave you a better cabin location for no $$$.

Enjoy

We have stayed in 232, with friends in 234 on the Wind Star. Both cabins were excellent with minimal noise. I would always pay the extra to stay in the 200 level vs 100 level as the noise is greater the lower down you go, and particularly toward the aft of the ship. Wind Star and Wind Spirit have pretty much identical layouts. I' d be taking the free upgrade with much thanks to Windstar as that just gave you a better cabin location for no $$$.

Enjoy

Thanks! I'm sure we'll enjoy the upgrade! :-)