Classic Suite Star Breeze/Star Pride

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt a lifeboat will obscure your view should you choose a midships suite. My parents always booked these suites during the Seaborne days but I can't remember what the view from the bedroom section of the suite actually looked like so, like you, I await a more documented answer to your question. I do remember that the view over the balcony was unobstructed unless you were looking dead astern where lifeboats are visible. These ships make 277 Sq Ft cabins look and feel very spacious so if you don't plan to be hosting a lot of en suite parties [with your sleeping accommodations in full view] on your cruise a French Balcony Suite accommodation is all that's really needed. I've sailed on these ships many times and never once thought about getting one of the large suites.

We were in cabin 111 on the Star Breeze and thought that was an excellent location.

We normally book a mini suite on the larger ships and I thought I might have a problem with 16 days (8 b2b) without a balcony. No issue. Cabin very large and very comfortable and a quick staircase or elevator ride to get outside.

We did the Classic Suite on the bow port side twice the last few years and really loved it. Nice little living room..separate bedroom and private outside area with two chairs. The cool thing is the window area in the living room. You can see out but passengers can't see in...also you're near the door to the forward deck, hot tub and stairs to the Bridge. Go for it and enjoy!

Keep in mind that should you choose one of the forward suites you will be one of the first to know if the seas start to get feisty. Gordon Lightfoot said it best with a line he wrote in a song about the sinking of the Great Lakes ore freighter Edmond Fitzgerald - "when the waves turn the minutes to hours"

'Riding the waves' up front on a ship shorter than 450 feet long [for some passengers] might be unpleasant.