Bon Voyage Dawn Princess World Cruise 2014

Mic, We are not actually employed by the cruise lines , I work for what is called a portside services company( s) who provide all the check in,embark/ debark staff for their turnarounds. The OPT and White Bay just happen to be where the ships berth.

It is a bit frustrating watching everybody getting on board to sail away while I catch the bus home every day and I can guarantee there will be at least one person per turnaround who will ask...So do you come on the ship with us? NO :eek: But that's OK, I get to see another side of the industry not a lot of people see.:D very interesting and oh boy...some of those guests:D

Thanks, that makes even more sense. I suppose it is better than never getting to go on any cruise at all. I am sure some guests have you thinking 'Glad I am not cruising with them':eek: While other guests would have you wanting to join them as well.:D

We are scheduled to arrive on the 9th September. No word from Princess at this stage. I guess they will make a call closer to arriving.

The ABC has a article with photo's of the eruption, see: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-29/papua-new-guineas-mount-tavurvur-volcano-erupts-back-to-life/5705032

We have booked a tour which includes visiting Mount Tavurvur. Interesting to see what might eventuate.:rolleyes:

Make sure you bring an umbrella:rolleyes:

Thanks, that makes even more sense. I suppose it is better than never getting to go on any cruise at all. I am sure some guests have you thinking 'Glad I am not cruising with them':eek: While other guests would have you wanting to join them as well.:D

I will reserve judgement till I meet you Mic:D:D:D

True...and you are from Canberra.....and we all know what comes out of Canberra :D

By the way When is your next cruise?

Yes, your pollies come down here, make bad decisions and go back and blame Canberra for it.:eek:

We are on the Celebrity Century - Dec 15 from the OPT, I will look out for you, to say hi.:D