Crazy Question from an eager cruises

washdcguy

So we've been watching the Mar 8 Legend cruise for two reasons...

1) we booked a Guarantee (per lots of advice here) and were eager to see our final assignment

2) From the beginning, this had been (at least per cabin availability & pricing) a very empty sailing.

As of Tuesday, the cruise had only been 40% booked (based on available cabins). Now there's no availability.

Do they really sell this many guarantees? Is there a glitch?

My interest is twofold... 1) my obsessiveness (and hope for an empty cruise) and 2) my in laws had suggested they may be interested in joining us at the last second (current situation proves prayers are answered)

Thoughts?

So we've been watching the Mar 8 Legend cruise for two reasons...

1) we booked a Guarantee (per lots of advice here) and were eager to see our final assignment

2) From the beginning, this had been (at least per cabin availability & pricing) a very empty sailing.

As of Tuesday, the cruise had only been 40% booked (based on available cabins). Now there's no availability.

Do they really sell this many guarantees? Is there a glitch?

My interest is twofold... 1) my obsessiveness (and hope for an empty cruise) and 2) my in laws had suggested they may be interested in joining us at the last second (current situation proves prayers are answered)

Thoughts?

Never hope for an empty cruise and never leave booking a cruise to the last minute as you will be disappointed.

Seabourn is a small capacity line and always popular.

Never hope for an empty cruise and never leave booking a cruise to the last minute as you will be disappointed.

Seabourn is a small capacity line and always popular.

... but all things are possible :)

If very unlikely :(

16th Jan marked the end of whatever discount campaign Seabourn was running over Christmas. Pretty much the next day, all the prices changed, and a lot of cruises all throughout this year went from having prices shown in most or all categories to "Call for availability'. We've been generally monitoring things and it was quite noticeable.

Either the sale was a success (and good for Seabourn if it were, I want them to be successful) or they're taking an offer break and we'll see another set of offers come out over the next few weeks or more.

Either way - you have a cruise and a guarantee so you're all set. I'm sure they'll find you a nice suite.

Hi washdcguy

My daughter and myself are also booked on this trip and I have been wondering the exact same thing too. This is our first seabourn trip though we were on the pride this past summer in the med under the windstar flag.

We also got a great deal on a guarantee and still checking but no cabin assignment yet.

I agree the whole thing looks a little odd from being almost empty to now sold out. We only booked less than a month ago. So I don't know if this is good or bad news for a better cabin assignment (upgrade?).

See you on board.

Thanks all... I was just surprised at the number of guarantees sold or that there was a last minute large booking number. I guess it must just be a great number of guarantees (like ourselves) as I just called to check for my in-laws and everything is waitlist.

Just wanted to clarify...

We've gotten great deals when booking last minute in the past.

We'll be pleased with any cabin on the ship... otherwise we wouldn't have booked a GTY.

That said, one can always hope for an empty ship.

Emperor Norton... your review of the Pride's last sailings helped convince my spouse to give the Legend a try.

We've got our leather book in hand are counting down the days!

That's good to hear! We are still awaiting our 'leather' book (and suite assignation) for the following week for the Quest. Can't wait for some sunshine and a lot of pampering [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll be on the Quest then too. Are assignations to be expected?

Well, our package of booklet and tags arrived today [emoji1] but our suite may not known until quayside.

And yes, I did intend to write assignment not assignation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just goes with the theme of the thread... I meant to write "eager cruisers" and didn't notice until well after it was posted.

I checked the Seabourn site today. It seems my suite has been allocated for the trips. It would be nicer if it were a little more amidships but I rolled the dice on the GTYs (and actually for the TA portion the location is excellent IMO). Does Seabourn re-send luggage tags or do I just use the previously sent tags that read GTY?

Edited by Emperor Norton

No new tags. When you board and they confirm the suite just write the number on the tags. Have a smooth crossing and give us a heads up on the crew if you have a spare moment. Can't wait to find who will crew us on the final small ship voyage on April 4.