Seabourn Advisory Board

CraftyEC

Please note my initial disclaimer, that this post is a little tongue in cheek rather than an earnest concern!

I was looking at some documentation prior to my imminent cruise and noticed again that our level of Club Membership entitles us to 'membership of the Seabourn Advisory Board' and it occurred to me that I had never seen mention of this in anything other than Club literature. So, a trusty Google search yielded only two sources of information: more references to the Club information (as stated above) and a couple of threads on CC in fall 2012, when, I believe, this was being introduced, which contained some discussion and no real information (magazine subscriptions were much more popular as a discussion topic!)

So, my question is, some two and a half years later, when SB are still stating this as a benefit of Club membership, what is exactly the Seabourn Advisory Board? Does it actually exist / do anything / provide any information / offer a forum for feedback to the cruise line?

Just wondering ...

I haven't a clue either but since I am on Sojourn now I can make enquiries of the club representative and revert.

Happy sailing!

You too! Hope your cruise is going well.

It would be kind to satisfy my curiosity, but I will be able to live with the disappointment if you can't! And I can try asking next week ...

What I have learned is that the SAB is a facility whereby Seabourn may on occasion send emailed surveys and the like to you. I don't really remember but one such survey in the past few years.

By the way, the Seabourn Concierge does email me before cruises to check on any standing data and/or other requests. I live in the UK and do appreciate this personal touch. I just today received such a message regarding our July cruise and it also mentioned our booking on Encore. Very good!

Happy sailing!

Well, it certainly gives me something to shoot for – if only I knew how to get in!

I think if I made it, I would definitely add it to my C.V./resume. It would look impressive & would not require me to go to any meetings or do anything.

Markham,

Hope you are enjoying your cruise on Sojourn, I am sure you are.

Is Handre the CD at this moment in time, if so do you know if he will be on Sojourn till the dry dock on 25th April.

Thanks.

ps we sail on Sojourn from April 18th.

Leesre,

I just spoke with Handre. He will be on board with you until the drydock, then take leave and head over to Quest on 27 June. Now I don't remember when he leaves Quest after that contract but he will shift to Odyssey for the 4 Jan., 2016 LA to LA cruise of 77 days. That's good news for us. He is doing an incredible job- charming, patient and warm- as usual!

Happy sailing!

Leesre,

I just spoke with Handre. He will be on board with you until the drydock, then take leave and head over to Quest on 27 June. Now I don't remember when he leaves Quest after that contract but he will shift to Odyssey for the 4 Jan., 2016 LA to LA cruise of 77 days. That's good news for us. He is doing an incredible job- charming, patient and warm- as usual!

Happy sailing!

Many thanks that is GREAT news, will be great to meet up again with Handre:):)