My Dream Review...and I took LOTS of pics!

bluejay555

We woke up the next morning to a rainbow! It rained just about every night during our cruise, and all morning while in Belize, but every day was dry. The water was really rough the entire week. Luckily no one in my group gets seasick, so it didn't bother us any! Although it took me 2 days to get my "land legs" back. Any time I sat down, I felt like I was swaying. I've felt that a little before, but never for 2 days!

2015-22-6--11-57-47.jpeg_zpswx9y5y12.png

Now, my mom is an early bird. She would order coffee to be delivered between 6-6:30am every morning, then I would get up and we would sit on the balcony, drink our coffee, and let the girls sleep another hour or so. It was so peaceful! I don't enjoy cruising without a balcony since that is one of my favorite parts of the whole experience! And I gotta say, the room service is awesome. We'd fill out our card, put it on the door knob the night before, and someone would show up the next morning in the time frame we requested with our coffee.

So OK, seaday #1. Breakfast time!

2015-22-6--11-58-14.jpeg_zpsjvesfpgv.png

2015-22-6--11-58-35.jpeg_zpssaof5xvc.png

and of course ice cream...my kids went a little nuts with the ice cream

2015-22-6--11-59-00.jpeg_zpsnhqgfpse.png

I will be sailing with my sister in October so I am very excited to see all of your photos. We are both retired teachers. Will we look silly at the Dr. Suess breakfast ??? We thought it might be fun. We can both have a lot of fun with small things. Where there any adults without kids at the breakfast? Did people dress up?

Edited by pink roses

We spent most of our sea days at the pool or slides. The slides are awesome! The Dream is such a great ship for kids. My 68 yr old mom went down the racing slides over and over, and even tried the twister, which is the big one. She hated that lol But what a trooper to go down those racing slides with the girls! I had fun on all the slides, even the dreaded "drain pipe". When you are climbing the stairs to get up to them, the wind is so strong it feels like it's just going to blow you right off the ship. In fact, now that I think about it, the big slides were closed the first sea day due to high winds. They were open the rest of the cruise though. Oh, and beware....if you go down the big slides on a sunny day, the deck and stairs are so hot they will burn your feet. I started up the first set of stairs and had to turn around and run back, and little group of people who had done the same thing, called me over to huddle with them in a shadow they'd found. There were people who said they had blisters on the bottom of their feet from going up there with no shoes. You can wear flip flops and then hold them when you go down the slide...I found that out after the "incident"!

2015-22-6--11-59-28.jpeg_zpsnr58r5ob.png

2015-22-6--12-00-54.jpeg_zpsi3xnv0gp.png

2015-22-6--12-00-25.jpeg_zpsmf2h8kjj.png

2015-22-6--11-59-54.jpeg_zps7ojilcvt.png

There's a really cute area for toddlers

2015-22-6--12-01-21.jpeg_zpswzqnvpqp.png

the aft pool was smaller, but nice to change things up when we got bored, or the main pool was getting too rowdy.

2015-22-6--12-01-49.jpeg_zpsk9lxbw8d.png

Edited by bluejay555

I will be sailing with my sister in October so I am very excited to see all of your photos. We are both retired teachers. Will we look silly at the Dr. Suess breakfast ??? We thought it might be fun. We can both have a lot of fun with small things. Where there any adults without kids at the breakfast? Did people dress up?

My mom is a retired teacher and I'm a teacher! :) You will NOT look silly at the breakfast. There were lots of people there without young kids. It's for everyone! I made shirts for my girls and I only saw a handful of other people with special Seuss outfits. You should definitely go to the breakfast. I will be posting a bunch of pics of it, so stay tuned!!

MEH!

You are in vacation, go have fun!! When we were on the Allure of the Seas, we did the Dreamworks character breakfast with the characters from Madagascar and had a blast! Our son btw slept in and did not go, oh well we love the pics we took with them, we are considering this one as well!

A few more pics of the slides. I don't have a waterproof case for my camera, so I took a ziplock bag with me up the slides, took my pics, then stuffed my camera in the ziplock, then held it going down the slide.

2015-22-6--12-20-10.jpeg_zpshwlqtwhq.png

2015-22-6--12-20-35.jpeg_zpscyfnw5tb.png

2015-22-6--12-18-59.jpeg_zpsurtvlhf8.png

Hot tub time! There are 2 by the aft pool, and several on deck 5, I think?

2015-22-6--12-02-24.jpeg_zps2ixzlpg8.png

Looks like you had fun, so how did the pics come out with the camera in a baggie?

I took the pics, THEN put the camera in the baggie so I could take it down the slide :) I would love to get a waterproof case. Maybe next time....

I took the pics, THEN put the camera in the baggie so I could take it down the slide :) I would love to get a waterproof case. Maybe next time....

Awww, as the last cruise we went on I bought a water proof type baggie that did its job but the pictures were not the best, it did work.

Coming up next....tea time! We love teatime! And then the Dr. Seuss parade and story time. I will post pics after while. Gotta go get my kid from softball camp. Thanks for checking out my review so far!!

Thanks for sharing!

Great review so far! We will be on the Sept 27th sailing of the Dream and can't wait! We are driving down to NOLA from Georgetown, KY. It's about 750 miles from here, but we're stopping along the way. Going to spend a day sightseeing in the "Big Easy" after checking in our hotel.

:cool:Bill

We will go to the Suess breakfast then... thanks, you have me soooo excited.

Would it be too much trouble for you to post you Carnival Capers?

Sure, I will post them. I have all but the 2nd day at sea...

Thanks everyone for your comments!

OK, I took pics, but they are hard to read on my laptop. If you can't blow them up and see them, let me know and I will attempt a different method. Like I said above, I'm missing Tuesday, our 2nd day at sea. If you want more info than what I've posted, I can take pics of the rest of it too, or maybe scan them. I'm just posting the activity schedules.

Edited by bluejay555

20150623_110400-1_zps2qmj5nvw.jpg

20150623_110537-1_zps5mpjvepz.jpg

Also, the movies playing on the seaside theater:

SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

Cinderella

The Fault in our Stars

Hunger Games: Mockingjay pt 1

The Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies

Guardians of the Galaxy

Unbroken

Insurgent

Big Hero 6

Home

OK, so it's TEATIME!

You get to pick your teabag

2015-22-6--12-04-10.jpeg_zpsdporvlbz.png

And you choose your little desserts from a cart (plus they serve cucumber sandwiches)

2015-22-6--12-04-36.jpeg_zpswxxgelfy.png

2015-22-6--12-06-02.jpeg_zpsyhcwsy0v.png

It's a fun activity to break up the day. Something different to do. It's at 3pm on seadays

2015-22-6--12-07-02.jpeg_zpskpgcbfkp.png

OMG! Such a great review so far!! Loving it!!! :D

THank you!

Dinner time! Sara ordered the shrimp cocktail every night. I'm not crazy about it. Kinda mushy.

2015-22-6--12-09-26.jpeg_zpshwfsa6qe.png

vegetable spring rolls. These are offered every night and are very good

2015-22-6--12-11-09.jpeg_zpsrgp3wl5e.png

lobster night! The lobster was just OK, but the tiger shrimp that came with it were the best shrimp ever! I didn't order this, but luckily Josie didn't want all her shrimp, so momma got some.

2015-22-6--12-12-22.jpeg_zps3c55wm7o.png

Now THIS was good! Carbonara pasta

2015-22-6--12-12-52.jpeg_zpseqnom0vr.png

some kind of apple puff pastry

2015-22-6--12-13-59.jpeg_zpslwkfd080.png

2nd sea day!

We went to the Dr. Seuss trivia. There were some really hard questions, but my mom is a retired elementary school librarian, so she helped us with the tough ones. We actually won! (we were told we could work as a team) The guy running the show gave all the kids a medal for participating, which was super cute.

2015-22-6--12-14-45.jpeg_zpswz5styiw.png

2015-22-6--12-15-42.jpeg_zpslr59kejr.png

2015-22-6--12-16-11.jpeg_zpsn01i6pol.png

My kid blistered her feet on those steps last September:(. We were sitting around the pool. She decided she was old enough to go up and go on the slide by herself. I said okay and I would be watching her. Saw her run up the steps and stop and bend over...I thought she was goofing around. Poor thing :(