MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Just checked and there are three cabins available in the YC for our sailing. 16023 is the inside, with 226 sq ft according to the website, as well as 16026 and 16047, which are the larger suites with balconies. So, it comes down to whether or not you'll be spending much time on your large balcony upfront which could have wind issues. Or, go for the YC inside and chill poolside in the YC instead of your balcony and enjoy the upgraded food in the YC restaurant. Besides, with so much to see and do on board a brand new ship, are you really going to spend that much time on a windy balcony?
The YC balconies are out because of the cost. I don't normally spend that much time on the balcony but it's nice to have the option. And it may not be windy, especially when in port. And the "so much to see and do" reasoning is also a good reason to stick with what I have since I'm not necessarily going to want to spend all of my time at the YC pool.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Bill ... I am sure that I have seen a photo of that Deck 9 suite of the outside and it looks like access to that front part is restricted. If it is available to use then it is likely to be unusable while at sea.
Well then I'll be sure to print out the piece of the website that says it has a 400 square foot balcony and complain and ask for compensation. Presumably the cabin size is accurate.

The YC balconies are out because of the cost. I don't normally spend that much time on the balcony but it's nice to have the option. And it may not be windy, especially when in port. And the "so much to see and do" reasoning is also a good reason to stick with what I have since I'm not necessarily going to want to spend all of my time at the YC pool.

With the exception of Costa Maya, we will be staying on the ship more than likely when others are off exploring the other ports, so that's when we'll be able to really enjoy the ships amenities. Best of luck with your possible switch and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the meet n mingle.

There's one thing about the MSC Seaside outer rendering that has been bothering me for some time, and that's the amount of pool space. I'm the kind of guy that prefers to be in the cool water rather than lying on a sweaty lounger. The pools just looks kind of .... tiny, don't they?

I haven't got that much cruising experience, just been twice with RCL. I remember the pools being proportionally bigger on those ships (Voyager and Indepedence) and considering that some of the pools will be off limits (YC pool and which else?), what pools will remain for me to cool off in?

What's your opionons about the pools being offered?

So 3 pools... I hope they'll be bigger than what they look from renderings or that people just won't use them :D I understand your opinion on the Deck 7 pool, and being some distance away from the kids area I bet it will be mostly adults there. However since I'm traveling with 2 children I am grateful that we'll be able to go there as well some time just to get some variation.

Today’s captain scala video [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! :)

It strikes me that until yesterday I've always been a day behind with these videos. Being in roughly the same timezone as te Seaside is currently, I always thought the videos were being posted daytime, but I guess they're working late nights as well :)

There are 3 other pools, Jungle pool Inside, Deck 16 outside and Deck 7 Aft which would be nice if it was Adults only !

TBH, I don't think kids in the pools will be a big deal. (i know some folks who, if they see even one kid, thats too many). But, cruise ship pools are always too deep for kids anyway. AND with this awesome looking water park they seem to be building on the seaside, my guess is that is where you'll find the kids.

Please do!

Seeing how terrific Seaside is looking, I'm sooooo tempted to book Seaview next year. If we weren't blowing the budget on Splendida's repo next March, I'd have it booked by now! Seaview's itinerary doesn't appeal, but I think the ship could be the destination in itself.

The Seaside/Seaview looks spectacular and we would love if you join us on the Seaview next summer Bea :)We are thrilled about the ship and the YC looks amazing. Very happy that we have secured a cabin. As you say, the ship itself is the destination a we have done this itinerary before. But there is more to explore, Capri and Portofino as well as Aix En Provence is on our whishlist for this cruise.

Unless NCL have a patent on the name "Haven" there is nothing that they can do about it.

I would think that NCL would have some kind of patent/trademark on it being that they heavily promote their suites program.

Although maybe MSC is getting away with it by calling it “Haven” rather than “The Haven”?

I know plenty of cruise ships with the same name from different companies. Jewel, Splendor, etc. lots of overlap in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums