NCL website problems

FuninWB

Is anyone else having an issue with the NCL website? I am trying to price a trip with the links to the sale, and I can only get as far as entering our ages. After that, it says that it is unable to process my request. I have been trying for two days.Am I the only one?

I can't get past that page either.

Susan

Is anyone else having an issue with the NCL website? I am trying to price a trip with the links to the sale, and I can only get as far as entering our ages. After that, it says that it is unable to process my request. I have been trying for two days.Am I the only one?

Yes even when you call, NCL reps will agree there are major problems with the website. I was not able to book entertainment and had to do it over the phone. Then I booked excursions online and then the next day they all disappeared. I had to call again and re-book everything. It wastes both the passengers's time and the NCL employee's time.

I wish you were able to add on board credit to your account online too. But once you make final payment on your cruise, it shuts down the payment part. So you have to call again.

NCL please listen to your own employees and passengers. Please fix your website.

Oh, do we get to complain about the website. I hate hate hate hate the way the window for "sign up for our mailing list" pops up! Not only does it do it every time I go on the website, but if I am on for a while it comes up multiple times, and it comes up slowly so it blocks doing anything else! ENOUGH ALREADY!

And evidently their web shop has never heard of using cookies to store info...so if I am looking at more than one cruise, I have to re-enter age & special discount eligibility for every single cruise I want to look at. I would make so much more sense to have a way, either through cookies or some sort of "store your info" page (can be managed with perl even!!) or through myncl for the site to "remember" how many people are cruising, ages, state, latitudes membership, etc, etc. so that you can just go from cruise to cruise and get accurate pricing & see cabin availability without havng to continually reenter it.

NCL's website is definitely not their strong suit.

I have often had problems booking shore excursions and entertainment. Getting accurate pricing is not always possible. In fact, just about everything on their website is sketchy at best. Once (several months ago) I decided to discuss these matters directly with NCL's information technology folks, but they were in total denial and told me that everything was working exactly as it was supposed to.

For YEARS, I have been wondering on these pages how they function in this century with such a hopeless, dysfunctional website.

I truly wonder how many of their hip, urbane, youthful and wealthy target audience they have lost with it.

I too have had major problems with NCL's next to usless web site. I cannot book excursions at all on it. That damn pop up window, you can fill it out but you are wasting your time, then it won't go away. The cruises I want sometimes don't come up. I go to other travel web sites just to find out what NCL has in cruises etc. Less of a headache.

I'm a fan of NCL in most respects, but their website is a total embarrassment and I'm amazed that they don't seem to know it (or don't care). People who do business with NCL, do so in spite of their website. One of these years, NCL will sail into the 21st century world of e-commerce. In the meantime, I suggest establishing a relationship with a good NCL "Personal Cruise Consultant".

The NCL website is the worst one that I have experienced. It has caused me numerous issues over the last year or so when trying to book cruises/shore excursions. Just completed another cruise and was sent an email for the NCL survey. I gave NCL high marks on everything related to my cruise except for the website experience. Hopefully they read these and will fix the issues.

While NCL's website definitely has problems.... when I booked my last cruise they had a free upgrade from Cat C to BA...the whole way through the reservation they show a BA cabin being booked, after my credit card info went through however, it showed I booked a Cat C. Had to call, and they refused to give me the BA cabin. But I still prefer it over carnivals...anytime I look at a cruise on carnival, i have at least 1 personal vacation planner calling me a few times. very annoying.

What's funny is I have signed up for that stupid mailing list several times just to make that window stop popping up (it didn't work!)...and the only mailings I get are Latitudes ones!

And Carnival - EVERY SINGLE TIME I go on their website for any reason, my PCC calls me to push me to buy a cruise right then!! Geez!

Maybe NCL will have a "domino's pizza" moments and admit that all along they also knew their website sucked. Then they will come out with a new one based on customer reviews. That commerical cracks me up everytime "this crust tastes like cardboard..." :D fun times.

NCL - if you're reading please add me to the list of pop up window haters.

I already get your emails (thank you :)) - the pop up is just a time waster.

Add me too. I thought I was the only one. I too have filled out that stupid info and it comes up every time - I've never gotten any emails from NCL regarding specials.

I actually logged in a couple days ago (Wed) - checked a couple prices and next day got a call from a PCC although I deal with a TA.

Said he would send info on specials to my email. 2 days later - nothing - what follow-up.

A few months ago, I booked a back-to-back cruise. NCL's website identifies only the first half of the cruise, so I asked my PCC to fix the reservation.

She told me the booking was fine, but that their website is incapable of recognizing back-to-back cruises under certain unspecified conditions. It is very unnerving to have a reservation that cannot be confirmed in its entirety on NCL's web pages.

Why is such electronic incompetence tolerated?

Archived