Just back from the Dawn...Absolutely TERRIBLE!!!

nycglitter

Did you really think we meant terrible as in Bad???  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Did you really think we meant terrible as in Bad???

• yes, you 2 hate everything
    • no, we know you better...

Absolutely TERRIBLE that we had to leave the ship! So sad that the vacation is over, but so happy that we made friends that we will have for a very long time. Cruising with the Bedazzled Bahama Bound Bums was really fun!

What could I possible review that you haven't already read in a million threads? Ice Cream machine was working and everyone enjoyed soft serve (and hard) daily! Chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, sprinkles, marshmellows, gummie bears, etc all available to enhance your ice cream experience!

Le Bistro was unbelievable!!! The service was great, the food was delicious and the chocolate fondue was worth the cover charge all by itself! A must do if you are cruising on the Dawn. Many nights they offered half off the cover charge, so two people could experience fine dining amoung art by Van Gogh, Monet, Matisse and Renoir for a mere $15. A bargain!!!!

As far as comedy is concerned, I have to say that unlike many posters, I did not think Edge was that funny (contrived) nor did I think Second City was firing on all cylinders. Comedy is subjective, but with our proximity to NYC and the wonderful talent that is available there, it's tough to measure up. The shows were worth seeing, but I wasn't falling out of my chair laughing. Bollywood was wonderful again. Enjoyed it for a second time.

Basically the more you participate, the more you will enjoy your vacation.

Colin Kerr was AWESOME!!! Rob did a good job too! They both work really hard at being genuine and making sure that everyone is having a good time!

If you are planning a trip on the Dawn, stop by the STAR BAR and say hello to Gede, Emelie and Savio. Three of the sweetest people on the whole ship! If you are up for an adventure, try the martini clinic, you won't be disappointed!

Lastly, just wanted to mention that after all the talk of what the concierge will or won't do for you if you sail in a mini-suite I am here to tell you that if you ask (nicely) you will get almost anything you desire. Tender tickets? No problem, delivered to our cabin moments after making the request. Dinner reservations? Piece of cake! Got everyone we requested! The staff was wonderful. I took along plenty of thank you cards and wrote about 10 different cards to various staff members telling them how much I appreciated their attention to detail!

If you have any questions feel free to ask! I will post pictures soon!

nycglitter ~ CAN'T WAIT to see the pics. I watched you all come in today. It made me so pre-nostalgic (such a word???). I am even more excited about our up-coming cruise!!! Keep the reviews comin' and please post the pics SOON!!!

Welcome home. And, I'm so happy you had smooth seas.

:) You had me scared there for a second, I was thinking, "What could POSSIBLY be so terrible on the Dawn?!" You "sneaky" thing you.....:D Glad you had a great time, how can you possibly not???!!!

Suesan:)

For nycglitter...

Have to admit...your lead in line had me a bit worried. It would be totally unacceptible for "one of our hoot group" to have a "bad" time on the DAWN...but you quickly corrected that...yes, it is TERRIBLE to have to leave the ship. I don't understand why some passengers are so anxious to get off...we wait until the last possible moment to disembark. Why, one of these cruises they are probably going to have to put us off the ship (if we wait too long)!

Welcome home!

Debjo

Marit. you had me thinking what was terrible? Last we talked you were having a great time. How could we not watching the sunset on Carol & Barry's balcony (what a balconly half a ship wide) in the Garden Villa. I got to see that picture! LOL

I'm trying to relive my cruise today, the sun is out (doesn't happened here much) so I made a maragrita in my NCL glass one of many I brought home and laying on my CCL towel I bought last cruise and getting the last of the sun before I go back to work tomorrrow. My review will follow as soon as I get time to start it. LOL Priority's!

It was so nice meeting you and Mark and thanks for having the party on your balcony after the martini clinic it was a great start to a great cruise. Many memories!

Summer reunion in NYC sounds like fun.

Any chance of some advice?!

I see you enjoyed your cruise with NCL, but was a bit alarmed by your $15 cover charge quote.

Is the food not included then?

It's just we're looking to book a cruise on the Norwegian Jewel this Summer and have never been with NCL, so don't know how it works.

All the best,

Dan

Some of the specialty restaurants charge extra such as 20 for cagneys and 15 for le bistro..not sure how much for bamboo or tepanakyi since I didn't try those. The italian place, salsas, and the 3 main restaurants are all free. The first 2 nights they offer half off the cover charge for the specialty restaurants. I LOVED cagneys and le bistro. they're not to miss!

Judy

Don't you love it. I can only drink my maragritas in the NCL glass. :D Sounds like you had a great time. Looking forward to reading your review. Can anything get better than watching a beautiful sunset in the villa of the Dawn with people that you enjoy.

Welcome back.... to reality. It is so hard to come back. :)

Marie

Marie,

You are so right, nothing will ever top that last night party in the G.V. one thing to add that was specail about that party too was Colin and Rob also attended. Colin is a "hott" I wanted to take him home with me! No cruise can ever live up to this.

Marit - woooohooooo....good timing....just finished cooking dinner and thought I'd check in and voila :D

LOL great pictures! - I like the ones of you guys with the glow stick rings on...funny! gotta love the versace and I thought of you in Le Bistro when I was checking out the versace plates.

Lastly, just wanted to mention that after all the talk of what the concierge will or won't do for you if you sail in a mini-suite I am here to tell you that if you ask (nicely) you will get almost anything you desire. Tender tickets? No problem, delivered to our cabin moments after making the request. Dinner reservations? Piece of cake! Got everyone we requested! The staff was wonderful. I took along plenty of thank you cards and wrote about 10 different cards to various staff members telling them how much I appreciated their attention to detail!

Could you please elaborate on this subject a little more? (i.e where tender tickets are involved). We have a mini-suite booked in two weeks and I really wanna get my hands on those DARN VIP tender tickets. I understand asking politely is required, but did you contact the Concierge or did he/she come to you.

Thanks

Could you please elaborate on this subject a little more? (i.e where tender tickets are involved). We have a mini-suite booked in two weeks and I really wanna get my hands on those DARN VIP tender tickets. I understand asking politely is required, but did you contact the Concierge or did he/she come to you.

Thanks

We contacted him... his name is Carlos and you can find him in an office to the right of the main desk or by hitting his button on the phone.

I told him that we were in a mini-suite and that we were wondering if it was at all possible if he could get us tender tickets... I did not ask for VIP... he just sent them.

We also sent a thank you note to him afterwards. I think the better he knows you the better chance you have of getting things from him. He is really nice and helpful. The problem would be if everyone in a mini asks for these... they really wouldn't be VIP now would they.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Mark

Do you get VIP tender tickets or are you one of the first tenders out?

You don't get them.. you have to ask.

And all the VIP tenders allow is that you may leave on your time frame and don't have to wait for them to call your number.

Archived