Seaborne in Caribbean?

Acrusa

If you are referring to January, February, March 2016 then Seabourn has only the three ships in their fleet for those dates and they have decided not to put any in the Caribbean. The new ship's maiden is not until January 2017.

If you are referring to December 2016 going into 2017. Seabourn generally tends to not put out itineraries as far ahead as other cruise lines. If I recall correctly you are most likely to get something published late April this year. Though because of the new ship coming out this may delay things depending on how the build is progressing.

I hope this answers your question.:)

Julie

Quest does a leg through the Caibbean on its ways to and from its Antarctic/South America itineraries.

Thanks for pointing this out as it made me check a bit deeper.

Odyssey does have some short 12 day cruises in the Caribbean on the 28 October, 9 & 21 November and 3 December 2015 before transiting the Panama Canal and heading to Los Angeles. Quest has a 15 day Amazon & Caribbean one starting 25 October, 2015 and one starting 21 March 2016.

So it looks like it is January, February and most of March 2016 there is no Seabourn ship in the Caribbean.

Cheers, Julie :)

Edited by frantic36

We will be on this year's Quest trip from Manaus (Amazon) through the Caribbean to Fort Lauderdale. This is, in effect, a repositioning cruise as we will then sail back to Europe (Barcelona).

It will be our first ever trip to the Caribbean. Not being great beach lovers, we've often wondered if we would enjoy a trip to those parts. This way we can do it as part of a much larger experience, and if we like it we can go back for longer!

Apart from that it doesn't seem to be an area where SB sails very much. But plenty of other lines do ...

The little sisters usually - 1 or 2 - spent the winter there (both Spirit and Legend were sailing the Caribbean Jan - March this year) but the O-class ships have, except for a trip or two each year as they move on to another part of the world have not been there. Having done the segment you will be on a couple of years ago, there are a few interesting ports and a few I could skip.

We will be on this year's Quest trip from Manaus (Amazon) through the Caribbean to Fort Lauderdale. This is, in effect, a repositioning cruise as we will then sail back to Europe (Barcelona).

It will be our first ever trip to the Caribbean. Not being great beach lovers, we've often wondered if we would enjoy a trip to those parts. This way we can do it as part of a much larger experience, and if we like it we can go back for longer!

Apart from that it doesn't seem to be an area where SB sails very much. But plenty of other lines do ...

The Caribbean cruises have always been very economical because of the intense competition among companies servicing this area. Thus for somebody in North America, it makes a great getaway for a week or two on Seabourn providing you view the ship as your entertainment rather than the ports which, for the most part are ho-hum, especially if you have done them all four or five times before. The first time however, visiting a new destination always offers some insight and entertainment.

Barbados - Avoid a self directed tour around Bridgetown. There is little to see and you get pestered by everybody. We had a very enjoyable day picking a taxi driver (there are many of them - pick one with grey hair) at the port gate to take us on a tour of the island with a stop for a local lunch in the middle of the island.

St. Lucia - It's getting a little scary for tourists here at the moment but if the ship offers a helicopter tour of the Piton's this is a lot of fun. A couple of times when berthed at Castries, we have also taken a cab to Pigeon Island National Park to stretch our legs. It's an old fort complex at the north of the island and has a small museum and a quirky snack bar/restaurant called Jambe du Bois (Wooden Leg) which served excellent roti and curried goat.

Guadeloupe - big island, take a ships tour.

St Bart's - Land of the rich and famous, but not much to do here unless you like to eat lunch in some great restaurants. A taxi is necessary to get anywhere outside of the immediate port area and to the quality restaurants but if you decide on this option then ask the taxi driver to go via the roundabout that overlooks the airport runway. Always entertaining to see the aircraft land here.

Be warned, anything in St. Barth is very expensive. We had a very memorable Sunday lunch a few years ago at Le Restaurant des Pecheurs which I would do again in a heartbeat, it was superb. The bill for two was over 400 Euro's, which almost stopped any heart function whatsoever!

Jost Van Dyke - never been there.

Hope this helps.

PS - It's going to be VERY hot for your voyage.

Thanks for that information, it is greatly appreciated. I'm not the best with 'hot' although I have managed Brazil before. I will take my trusty neckerchief - one that is filled with water-retaining crystals - which helps greatly.

We haven't decided re Bridgetown, but will take your advice into account.

Castries we will take the SB Aerial Tram tour. We looked at doing it independently or with Viator, but transport to the park isn't included and others said that was very costly by taxi.

Most Van Dyke we just plan to look around, and possibly walk to White Bay if it isn't too hot. That's just a morning stop.

Guadeloupe we are taking the SB tour.

No plans for St Barts yet, other than a bit of people-watching!

Again, thanks for the advice [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When we were at Jost a couple of years ago, Seabourn had water sports and Caviar in the Surf on the beach near the Soggy Dollar bar. They hired a "cab" - which are pickup trucks w/ open air seats in them that accommodate around 18-20 people at a time to transport you between the pier and the beach. But at the time we disembarked the "cab" - yes they had 1 originally contracted which they subsequently changed to be 3 or 4 - had just left and there was a line so we hired our own. Other than the beach not sure there is much to do on Jost except try a Pain Killer at a bar or two - I recommend the one at the Soggy Dollar.

CraftyEC, your cruise sounds very interesting, I will take a look at it. We recently did the BVI's with Windstar - spent a lovely morning in Jost van Dyke on the beach a short walk from the tender stop. Its a very sleepy place - one hour was fine. Next time I think I will try the shared taxi to the Soggy dollar which is usually waiting when you get off the tender. They are lovely islands.

CraftyEC, your cruise sounds very interesting, I will take a look at it. We recently did the BVI's with Windstar - spent a lovely morning in Jost van Dyke on the beach a short walk from the tender stop. Its a very sleepy place - one hour was fine. Next time I think I will try the shared taxi to the Soggy dollar which is usually waiting when you get off the tender. They are lovely islands.

Yes, we are very much looking forward to it. Not long to wait now - must get into preparation mode! Still waiting on a suite allocation, but that doesn't bother us. I still check most days, just out of curiosity!