Koningsdam SS suite Bathroom

bobpell

We have stayed in this category suite on Hal for the last 13 cruises on all ships from Maasdam on up to the Kdam

The Trans Atlantic we just finished was the first time on Kdam

If you have never been in one of these suites and are considering booking one there are some differences in their SS bathrooms from all HAL's previous ships.

First the Jacuzzi bathtub no longer has a shower curtain and a showerhead at the end of tub.

There is a pull up wand that if used can deposit some water on the floor if you aren't careful.

The bottom of the tub is more of a shallow V rather than the previous U shaped form.

My wife noticed this and commented she felt "squeezed in" when sitting

There was only 1 bar to help climb out

The glass shower stall at the end of the tub has a shower head and a wand also. I am 5 ft 10 in. tall and weigh 215lb. Anyone bigger than me will find taking a shower an adventure because of the size of the stall.

I dropped the face cloth twice during our 15 days aboard and had to open the shower door and step out to bend down and retrieve the cloth.

I will post comments on other aspects of the Kdam and our Trans Atlantic later

Thanks

Bob

That is very disappointing to hear. My husband is 6'4" and we are booked on Koningsdam in a Signature suite so it sounds like it will be uncomfortable for him. (I'm not going to mention this to him!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes the verandah staterooms supposedly had a large shower, no tub

I did not see this first hand but it was discussed with a couple who listened to our plight and they were in a verandah room

My wife stated when they designed the Kdam they must have hired a small thin architect with an even slimmer wife.

Sitting in the Lido at lunch we looked at certain individuals passing by and we commented on the predicament they would be in if they were in our suite!!

We have 2 more cruises in 2018 and they won't be on the Kdam

Our survey from HAL arrived this morning and I suggested they should make certain changes in the Nieu Statendam or suffer a flood of complaintThanks for responding, good luck on your next cruise

Bob