Luggage at embarkation

sexycpl613

Just wondering if your luggage is left at the door or in your cabin.

At your door since the luggage deliverers do not have cabin keys. However, if your cabin steward is in the area and sees the luggage, he might put it inside your cabin if he has time.

In over a dozen cruises with NCL, ours has always been outside our cabin door.

Luggage is almost always left at your door by the crew. Cabin steward may bring it into your cabin if they are in the area. The luggage crew are rushing around on embarkation day, so sometimes errors are made and your bag could be put outside the wrong cabin. Make sure printed luggage tags are secure (I always put on two per bag), so if your bag is misplaced it will make it easier to get it to you.

Alert your cabin steward if you don't receive your bags within a few hours after sailing. Always good to have a photo of your bags on your phone, just in case.

Depending on the big/wide the hallway is, the luggage might along the wall next to your cabin door. I kinda prefer it when they do this way, it makes opening the cabin door easier as the luggage does not block the door if they put in front of the door.

We typically book suites when we cruised aboard NCL, and my wife and I can not think of one instance where our luggage has been left in the hall. Its been our experience that our room steward had the task of schlepping the bags into the stateroom. Perhaps this has changed since our last cruise in April aboard the Dawn.:confused:

We typically book suites when we cruised aboard NCL, and my wife and I can not think of one instance where our luggage has been left in the hall. Its been our experience that our room steward had the task of schlepping the bags into the stateroom. Perhaps this has changed since our last cruise in April aboard the Dawn.:confused:

I think that is just a suite experience though.......normally.