Bahamas cruise passport requirements

alspat

Can a recent cruiser please confirm that a 7 year old child will need nothing more than her US birth certificate to travel on Disney from Port Everglades to Bahamas and return back to Port Everglades. The adults accompanying her all have passports but she does not. Thank you

Hmmm...First of all, DCL does not normally use Port Everglades. Perhaps you are thinking of Port Canaveral.

IF the 7 year old is traveling with her parents, she needs a certified birth certificate. That's all. This is the legal, state issued birth certificate, not some cutesy one from a hospital crib or some such. If the adults are not her parents, there are other requirements.

She will be traveling with her grandparents and great-grandmother. We have already secured signed, notarized permission to travel form from her parents. Is there anything else I need. Please note my last phone call to,the Disney number had me on hold for over 30 minutes before I was disconnected. Thus, my reason for asking on this forum. Yes, Port Canaveral, sorry,

Edited by alspat
error

Sorry, I meant Port Canaveral. We have obtained signed, notarized permission to travel form from her parents. Is there anything else other than the official state birth certificate and the permission to travel form?

She will be traveling with her grandparents and great-grandmother. We have already secured signed, notarized permission to travel form from her parents. Is there anything else I need. Please note my last phone call to,the Disney number had me on hold for over 30 minutes before I was disconnected. Thus, my reason for asking on this forum. Yes, Port Canaveral, sorry,

DCL has or used to have a specific form that they required the parents to sign. It does not have to be notarized. It is available on line as well as in the booklet of stuff that they will send before the cruise (the one with the luggage tags in it). And that permission was exactly what I was referring to. Here is a link to the DCL form:

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-assets/dcl/forms/MinorAuthorization_2017_en.pdf

Yes, I know that your letter is better and says more than their form, but they can get snitty about forms.

The original birth certificate is maintained in the state capital and is never available to be handed out to individuals or parents. By "original," I mean the real document signed by the doctor. Everything that is sent from the state government is a certified copy of this document.