Crab Legs

cruisin1982

We saw a video about the Disney Fantasy

And it said there was crab legs at the buffet restaurant, does anyone know if there’s an additional charge for it, what day it is and if you need to make a reservation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Served in Cabanas (buffet). Not sure if it was only on one day, or multiple days. No extra cost.

2i0yjur.jpg

Oh man, I've only ever seen the stone crab, shrimp and mussels at Cabanas and only got the crab legs at Palo brunch. I would never leave Cabanas of they had the crab legs there!

I'm with you. My family loves snow crab and we used to be able to get it on buffets at several restaurants near us in Florida, but sadly it's a thing of the past. We are not fans of stone crab, but if you are Shmoo's picture is a regular occurrence on the Fantasy or at least it was when we were on it. Notice that there is plenty of stone crab, but a small pile of shrimp? There is a reason for that>

Edited by cruisefamilyforever
misspelling

I'm with you. My family loves snow crab and we used to be able to get it on buffets at several restaurants near us in Florida, but sadly it's a thing of the past. We are not fans of stone crab, but if you are Shmoo's picture is a regular occurrence on the Fantasy or at least it was when we were on it. Notice that there is plenty of stone crab, but a small pile of shrimp? There is a reason for that>

Must have been the cruise I was on making me the guilty party.I make a meal out of the shrimp. I skip the stone crba because I don't like to work for my dinner. :p

It used to only be stone crab (on our first 7 or 8 cruises), but the last few we've been on (Dream and Magic at least) both had a few days where they had snow crab. It's much better meat to work required ratio than stone crab. (I actually had to watch a YouTube video after our first cruise to learn how to eat the stone crab - it's complicated.)

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

Just to be clear, they are not stone crabs served onboard, they are Jonah crab. Similar but way different in price.
I'm glad you noted this. First time I've read this and always wondered... knew they couldn't be stone crabs on a buffet. First DCL cruise had snow crab at lunch one day and haven't seen them since. I've read recent accounts of it again, and I'll be on lookout every lunch. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Right - Jonah or Jonah's crab claws. Stone crabs - probably 30.00 - 50.00 dollars per pound depending on size. Last time I saw Jonah claws 2 pounds was about 15-20. Huge difference. Nothing beats Stone Crabs from Joe's though :hearteyes: