World Cruise 2020: no more Japan

Vronsky

Noticed P&O is skipping Japan in their annual World Cruise from Southampton, very sad...

Cunard has also dropped Japan for 2019 and 2020

Last posssibility (from Southampton) appears -for now- to be P&O in Jan 2019.

Why's Japan being left out, any ideas ??

A World Cruise without Japan is not really a World Cruise in my opnion :(

THANKS,

V.

That seems unusual. My initial though is perhaps the ports are asking too much to dock there. However, they can't all be pricing themselves out of the market.

Tokyo has the Summer Olympics in '20, which no doubt will increase tourisim, but I can't see that being a reason for them not to sail there. Besides, isn't the World Cruise early in the year?

That seems unusual. My initial though is perhaps the ports are asking too much to dock there. However, they can't all be pricing themselves out of the market.

Tokyo has the Summer Olympics in '20, which no doubt will increase tourisim, but I can't see that being a reason for them not to sail there. Besides, isn't the World Cruise early in the year?

P&O and Cunard's usually start in January (till April), perhaps related to the hurricane season.

Cunard's Queen Elizabeth is making a brief call in March 2020 to Kobe & Yokahama (for Tokyo). We also wanted more of Japan but will probably book the QE for the Singapore to Tokyo leg. We were waiting to see what P & O came up with but we're also disappointed.

Cunard's Queen Elizabeth is making a brief call in March 2020 to Kobe & Yokahama (for Tokyo). We also wanted more of Japan but will probably book the QE for the Singapore to Tokyo leg. We were waiting to see what P & O came up with but we're also disappointed.

5 calls in Japan here

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qu/3234-q013-yok1-yok2/