Luggage labels

Midland Red

For our 65 night cruise recently I had to print off quite a few extra labels. Once folded I just covered them with sellotape and then stapled them round the handles of the cases. They were very sturdy.

The labels on your cruise personaliser, printed and folded as instructed are indestructible. I staple mine together, then sellotape over the staples. I have to cut them off at the end of the holiday, no way would they come off by accident. I do take a few spare with me in case I need them for the journey home, but never needed to replace my own printed ones. In fact I often find they’re stronger and longer lasting than the ones in the brochure, which I have had to replace... I always put two on each case.

If you print off extra paper labels you may find something like this useful. They are quite robust and we've used ours many times although they do deteriorate eventually but at the price we've found them very useful.

http://www.thanetdirect.com/

We invested in for our last cruise and they were great.

I know lots of people “get on” with the paper labels but we always manage to loose ours by the time we get to the port! Do not ask me how we manage this. I guess it’s a gift.:D

Yes, we've got 4, that's two each and we only have one case each, so two spares?

But nowhere near enough for a long cruise when I and my friend might have 2-3 cases each. We used to get 6 in a book. It's also annoying that they are always now in one name, when I usually travel with a friend.

Sharon, it's a long cruise - 19 days? Husband takes a carry on and I take a bag that I carry on. Two suitcases are enough for that.

Well I'd be pushed with one case for 19 days and nowadays, with a back problem, I take two smaller ones rather than one large one. I also have 30 night and 99 night cruises booked so will need to print off extra, or better, photocopy the ones in the booklet.

I print off then fold the luggage labels and then cover them with “sticky back plastic”. Blue Peter style. I’ve been using the same roll from WH Smith for about 6 years and have still got more than half left.

Hi on the luggage labels is the type of cabin you have on it? It just your deck and cabin number?

No just deck, cabin number and an indication of which set of stairs is appropriate for the luggage handlers to route it on. There is also a space to put your mobile phone number.

Regards John