Black Friday Sale starts tomorrow for 3 days

Beanb41

Received an email earlier today advising that Celebrity is having a 3 day Black Friday sale. Did a check on the website for current pricing of a booking I made back in October and cost is over $NZ 1000 per person dearer than a month ago. Will check after sale starts to see what adjustments they make

No sale BUT. If they have the 25$ deposit, it might be worthwhile to consider. I usually do not know our vacation dates so i "might" just book because of the deposit. No big loss there. Then I can recheck price or just cancel if i do not have my prefered vacation date.

No sale BUT. If they have the 25$ deposit, it might be worthwhile to consider. I usually do not know our vacation dates so i "might" just book because of the deposit. No big loss there. Then I can recheck price or just cancel if i do not have my prefered vacation date.

Has the non refundable deposit started for U.S & Canada bookings?

I booked 2 cruises while on our last cruise Nov 3 to Nov 17, 2017. I was told everything was fully refundable. I also emailed my TA about the Nov 1, 2017 changes to non refundable deposits. My TA called Celebrity twice and got the same answer. U.S. still fully refundable deposits.

I just did a dummy booking on the cruise I booked a month ago. Whilst under the Black Friday special the deposit has dropped from $NZ800 to $NZ25 the price of the cruise has increased by $NZ3500 and comes with $100 less OBC than I had already received. Savings must be on specific cruises only

Just looked at a UK BF offer; free drinks, grats and $200 OBC/room. For October to the Azores, the price is now even higher than last week's silly prices. £2305pp OV for 14 days; I'm paying Cunard £1250 for 14 days; albeit paying for drinks and grats. Few would argue that Celebrity and Cunard are not broadly comparable; Celebrity must think that there are a lot of gullible people out there who think that Black Friday necessarily means bargains. Perhaps there are.

Looks like Dandee2 called it. A lot of marketing hype about discounts and 1 free perk, but those have been around for a while so the only difference is $25 deposits, but those are only on cabins inside through Aqua. If you want a suite the deposit is still $250 PP.

Just looked at a UK BF offer; free drinks, grats and $200 OBC/room. For October to the Azores, the price is now even higher than last week's silly prices. £2305pp OV for 14 days; I'm paying Cunard £1250 for 14 days; albeit paying for drinks and grats. Few would argue that Celebrity and Cunard are not broadly comparable; Celebrity must think that there are a lot of gullible people out there who think that Black Friday necessarily means bargains. Perhaps there are.

I agree - many gullible people out there that is! Europe seems to be viewed as a 'cash cow' for the US-based companies especially, and we Europeans (with UK customers making up the largest proportion from my observations) are seen as being a 'soft touch' with the non-refundable deposits and stringent t & cs.

Fortunately, I am not so wedded to cruising as many on these boards, and have largely been ticking off places I wanted to 'taste' for the last three year. After next year's cruises, which are already in place, I doubt I'll be booking many more - apart from perhaps a January Caribbean cruise, since we spend Januarys in Florida in any case, and they continue to be good value.

I believe that HAL now has non refundable deposits with lower fares. Hotels also have nonrefundable deposits at lower fares as well as refundable deposits at a higher fare. It's not a consumer favorable trend. Viking river cruises also has non refundable deposits which turned us off enough that we chose to cruise on another line. Very uncomfortable to make a non refundable deposit more than a year in advance (which is about the usual time we make our bookings) since things have come up that have caused us to cancel or change dates. Not for us!