Brazil and the Amazon February 2018?

Dusko

We were looking at cruising Antarctica on Quest but the timing is just not quite right for us. Then we noticed that Quest continues From Buenos Aires to Manaus. This looks like an interesting trip. Has anyone ever done this one and would like to share the experience? We have experience of Sojourn and Quest looks like a sister ship. Any major differences?

Many thanks for any guidance.

We were looking at cruising Antarctica on Quest but the timing is just not quite right for us. Then we noticed that Quest continues From Buenos Aires to Manaus. This looks like an interesting trip. Has anyone ever done this one and would like to share the experience? We have experience of Sojourn and Quest looks like a sister ship. Any major differences?

Many thanks for any guidance.

Here is a review of that trip in reverse https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=520156

Quest is identical to Sojourn.

The Expeditions team will be on board for your trip up the Amazon and offer some amazing zodiac tours (for a fee). I did this cruise in February 2017 and highly recommend it.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So thanks to those that responded. We signed up for this cruise today and are looking forward to it very much. We will arrive in Buenos Aries a day early as there is apparently much to see. Any suggestions as to a good hotel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dusko, we are also booked on the same cruise and are going into BA a few days early. We're familiar with BA. All the chain hotels are there and there is a good selection of high end and boutique hotels as well. Most are scattered around the core of the city. What type of hotel do you prefer ? BTW, someone set up a rollcall.

A couple of very nice hotels are the Alvear Palace Hotel and the Four Seasons.

Buenos Aires is a beautiful city but keep your jewelry and other valuables locked in the safe. We an inexpensive watch and don't carry your passport around and use a travel wallet and know your surroundings.

So much to see there.

Very European.

Keith

So thanks to those that responded. We signed up for this cruise today and are looking forward to it very much. We will arrive in Buenos Aries a day early as there is apparently much to see. Any suggestions as to a good hotel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I started a Roll Call for this cruise. Check it out.

• 3 weeks later...
I recommend the Sofitel. Fine location and the larger rooms are a treat, considering price of other 5* hotels in the immediate area.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Good Hotel. Before our present cruise we stayed at the Hotel Madero at the Puerto Madera. A very save and now hip area . Not far away from the Cruise Terminal.

I recommend the Sofitel. Fine location and the larger rooms are a treat, considering price of other 5* hotels in the immediate area.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Unfortunately the Sofitel is closing on the 15DEC 2017...the family that owns the building did not renew the Sofitel contract and so the hotel is closing. It was a wonderful hotel and a wonderful location!