"Cunard Ball" Suggested Attire?

Snooks123

Hi

There will be a "Cunard Ball" while we are cruising on board Queen Elizabeth.

The link - http://www.cunard.com/documents/attire.pdf - contains suggested attire for a wide range of balls but does not say exactly what the "Cunard Ball" is, or provide any suggestions for the type of formal dress to be worn.

Grateful for any guidance from anyone who has attended a "Cunard Ball".

Thanks.

**********Er, upon closer reading I've noticed the "Cunard Ball" bundled under the same heading as the "Black & White Ball". The guide implies black and white accessories for both then? What might be the main differences between the themes of the two balls? ***************

Edited by Snooks123
Previously overlooked pertinent information

Cunard's own website doesn't help much. When typing in "what will the dress code be on board", it offers various suggestions and then up pops another question "do you have theme nights on board".

The answer regarding the Cunard ball appears to be the same as the Black/White ball which isn't really the case, so not really sure what it should be. This is exactly the same answer as appears to be in your link from 2013, so nothing has really changed and it doesn't tell you a lot.

Black & White or Cunard Ball

All Ships

A Cunard tradition and the first Royal Event of the voyage. Includes the classic “Officers Gavotte” dance.

Formal Wear

Gentlemen - Tuxedo

Ladies - Evening gown

Appropriate black and white gowns and accessories

I presume the only difference would be the "officers Gavotte" dance which appears to be the only thing relating to Cunard. I certainly would not worry about the Black/white theme and dress in whatever colour you prefer. At least that gives you more options.

I have the same query about a "175 ball" which is presumably linked to next year's celebrations. Goodness knows what that will entail.

Edited by Lynnewob

Cunard's own website doesn't help much. When typing in "what will the dress code be on board", it offers various suggestions and then up pops another question "do you have theme nights on board".

The answer regarding the Cunard ball appears to be the same as the Black/White ball which isn't really the case, so not really sure what it should be. This is exactly the same answer as appears to be in your link from 2013, so nothing has really changed and it doesn't tell you a lot.

-------

Thanks for your insights Lynnewob. I'm pleased someone else is a little confused as well as me!

The black and white theme applies to both in our experience although just a few ladies

turn up in colourful dresses probably because of the difficulty of finding the guidance on Cunard's website !

Reassuring to know it's not just me finding it difficult to obtain the right guidance, alanrow. We have a Cunard Ball at one end of our 22 night world cruise sector and a Black & White Ball at the other end.