Booking Numbers linked/same party - but different room types

Tallyfins

So my wife and I booked a suite, and our friends are in an OV and all of our kids are in another OV. If all of our bookings are linked (for dining, etc.), can they also check in with us in the VIP area? Does anyone know? If not, then we'll all 'slum' it with the rest of the herd. Just wondering if anyone knew :)

TIF,

TF

Suite Passengers - Arrival appointment time bypass, priority security & check-in lines and allowed to wait in Captain's Lounge (if terminal has one) if you arrive prior to boarding. If your ship and terminal still issue the S&S card at the dock you will need to use the priority line to get your check-in done. If your ship now does S&S card in the cabin mailbox you can check-in through any line.

Ocean View passengers -

Adult friends:

- if Blue, Red, or Gold VIFP level without FttF then they go at their arrival appointment time to the general boarding security and check-in lines. If they have FttF then they can go through priority security and check-in with you, BUT they can not wait in the Captain's lounge or suite/loyalty level wait area. You may elect to wait with them wherever they wind up.

- if Platinum or higher VIFP level they will have the same security, check-in, and boarding privileges you have for the suite. They will also be able to access their cabin immediately upon boarding which not all ship's allow for suite passengers.

Your children:

- if all of them are minors under 18 they will share the same checking and boarding privileges that you have, except if your ship has early access to the suites (the OV will not be ready but they can go into your suite).

- if any single person booked to that cabin is 18 or older then none of them share the suite's check-in and boarding privileges. They will follow the check-in process for the highest VIFP level in that cabin or would need FttF to go through priority. (Same as adult friends)

Suite Passengers - Arrival appointment time bypass, priority security & check-in lines and allowed to wait in Captain's Lounge (if terminal has one) if you arrive prior to boarding. If your ship and terminal still issue the S&S card at the dock you will need to use the priority line to get your check-in done. If your ship now does S&S card in the cabin mailbox you can check-in through any line.

Ocean View passengers -

Adult friends:

- if Blue, Red, or Gold VIFP level without FttF then they go at their arrival appointment time to the general boarding security and check-in lines. If they have FttF then they can go through priority security and check-in with you, BUT they can not wait in the Captain's lounge or suite/loyalty level wait area. You may elect to wait with them wherever they wind up.

- if Platinum or higher VIFP level they will have the same security, check-in, and boarding privileges you have for the suite. They will also be able to access their cabin immediately upon boarding which not all ship's allow for suite passengers.

Your children:

- if all of them are minors under 18 they will share the same checking and boarding privileges that you have, except if your ship has early access to the suites (the OV will not be ready but they can go into your suite).

- if any single person booked to that cabin is 18 or older then none of them share the suite's check-in and boarding privileges. They will follow the check-in process for the highest VIFP level in that cabin or would need FttF to go through priority. (Same as adult friends)

When traveling with my 12 and 18 year old son booked in their own room, they boarded under my Platinum status - so not sure that wouldn’t apply to suites as well. The logic being they cannot book that room alone and must travel with a parent or guardian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When traveling with my 12 and 18 year old son booked in their own room, they boarded under my Platinum status - so not sure that wouldn’t apply to suites as well. The logic being they cannot book that room alone and must travel with a parent or guardian.

Maryred's post is accurate. By Carnival's rules, only if *all* your kids in a non-suite room are minors should they be able to do priority check-in with you.

Carnival is notoriously inconsistent in following its own policies, but OP shouldn't count on having their kids, relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers, Facebook friends, roll call buddies, guy they just met on the airport shuttle, and every other casual acquaintance board priority with them.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Maryred's post is accurate. By Carnival's rules, only if *all* your kids in a non-suite room are minors should they be able to do priority check-in with you.

Carnival is notoriously inconsistent in following its own policies, but OP shouldn't count on having their kids, relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers, Facebook friends, roll call buddies, guy they just met on the airport shuttle, and every other casual acquaintance board priority with them.

This seems to be a big issue for you because you have responded on two different threads to my comments. Relax - it’s not affecting you and I was sharing my personal experience.

Actually it was the port employees that let your kids board with you, not a Carnival employee. I happen to have cruised last year with a group of them on the Pride out of Baltimore. We spent a good amount of time shorting the breeze.

Simply put today those employees worked to check-in and board those on the Carnival Pride. Yesterday they did the same job for Royal's Grandeur ot Seas. Some of those port employees from Baltimore will board a bus very early on Friday (7/20) morning, commute to Brooklyn NY to do check-ins for Cunard 's Queen Mary, while others will be at Cape Liberty NJ doing the same for the Adventure.

Every now and then they may confuse the "rules" for a particular cruise line with another, but don't count on it continously happening.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

I don't talk to strangers (except to reply to your smart comments), so no, I won't be inviting those from the airport shuttle to join me in the VIP lounge. I'm sure you would leave your friends to fend for themselves. I, however, was asking if they could join me. Since it sounds like they can't (thank you to whoever answered that), then I will hang out with them in the regular line. It will probably take us at LEAST another 15 minutes to board the ship that way, but we're on vacation, so I'm in no rush...Oh the humanity...

It's amazing how a simple question can bring out anger in some...:evilsmile::evilsmile:

Have a nice day...if you want to!

Actually, it is. When people abuse priority benefits, that's when they get taken away.

I am still waiting for someone to show me in the rules, where a 12 and 18 year old in a different room, do NOT board with their parents. I have never seen it in writing and that would be contrary to Carnival's other policy that prevents them from traveling solo.

You are making assertions here that simply do not pan out when investigated.

Just like all the people that insist that they are going to lose their P&D party because someone wants to bring their spouse. Both times this was applicable before my DH turned platinum, I asked at Customer service. Both times, I was told it was fine. Once they said the head count of PD was low, so it would be no issue. The other, they said that of course - a spouse is expected to join (as would be appropriate manners as you do not invite one spouse to a party and exclude the other). John Heald was even asked about this an indicated that a companion (spouse or significant other) would be an expected and appropriate to accompany. But there are people on here who absolutely insist that it is wrong - yet there is nothing in writing to address the scenario.

When a rule is clear, such as dress code, I understand why people get annoyed - but I'm not going let it ruffle me. But the priority boarding and the PD party are two areas where there is no rule and frankly, their booking policy and common sense suggests I am correct. But so many on here are absolutely obsessed.

If Carnival has an issue with it or feels that there needs to be a specific rule because their PD boarding is overburdened, they have the power to do so and enforce it. As I said, it is no longer an issue for my family because even my youngest is platinum - so don't worry yourself when you see kids sitting in the PD boarding area - many have earned it.