NCL Gem La Soufriere Volcano Tour

mistyw

Would this NCL shore excursion be a good choice over a private tour company? We'd like to do the drive through tour and Mud Baths. Thanks!

It's a decent options....Doesn't say you'll be enjoying the mud baths though - just the quick volcano tour....

It's a lot of driving, be prepared. It's a winding mountainous road so if motion sickness is an issue, be prepared!!

There's lots of excellent local tour operators that for a few dollars more will give you much more bang for your buck. Check Cosol, excellent t island tour with all sorts of food and drinks, volcano, mud baths, beach time, waterfall, etc. Or Spencer Ambrose for his sea tour - speedboat down the coast, then volcano, mud baths, waterfall, beach time, rtc. Includes lunch and drinks..

Or Joy's Ocean Adventure, another great sea tour with the highlights. Or James Touring or Frank's Tours for land tours...and so on..

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

Motion Sickness is an issue for me unfortunately. Thanks for the tip! We'd like to find a half day tour. Most of the ones I've checked are 7 hours. Are you familiar with any that are shorter? Thanks again!

Motion Sickness is an issue for me unfortunately. Thanks for the tip! We'd like to find a half day tour. Most of the ones I've checked are 7 hours. Are you familiar with any that are shorter? Thanks again!

Unfortunately, short 4 hour tours that go all the way to the Pitons and volcano are rare - mainly because 2.5-3 of those 4 hours are spent just getting there and returning, so very very little time to see anything...Serenity TVL does a short tour, but again - it's a very short time at the actual sites due to travel time... You're not going to get both the volcano tour and mud baths on a 4 hour tour. There simply isn't time....

If time is the main consideration, along with the volcano and Pitons, your ship's tour is as good as any....it's just really limiting your options.

Do be prepared for the roads..mountainous island gives us winding roads. .

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...