Grand Suite perks??

torwa

We booked a Grand Suite on the Glory for January 2018. When I booked they told me we would have priority check in, priority boarding, dedicated line at GS ,priority for tenders and the room would be ready. From what I've been finding ,I don't think this is correct. I'm coming to the experts......go! Thanks!

You're correct, that list is not quite right. You do not have a dedicated GS line and your room is not guaranteed to be ready upon boarding ala FTTF (or high loyalty guests), it will be ready when the rest of the cabins come available ~1:30PM. The rest of the items you mention are true.

We booked a Grand Suite on the Glory for January 2018. When I booked they told me we would have priority check in, priority boarding, dedicated line at GS ,priority for tenders and the room would be ready. From what I've been finding ,I don't think this is correct. I'm coming to the experts......go! Thanks!

Sadly with Carnival very little comes with a "suite" other than a bigger cabin.

You do get this (straight from the Carnival website):

Exclusive Amenities

• VIP check-in
  • Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • Mini Fridge
  • Deluxe bathroom featuring whirlpool tub*

*Whirlpool tub not available on Fantasy Class ships.

As others have stated unless you buy FTTF or are Plat/Diamond your cabin will not be ready early.

I was on the Inspiration last week. I purchased a suite. We had priority boarding and debarking, priority tender (ship to shore only), room was ready upon boarding, and fast luggage delivery. Our luggage tags had the Faster to the fun logo printed on them. Something new this time is a sticker on my sign and sail card that says "Suite Guest."

I do wish they would make some perks available only for suite guests like comped soft drinks or a lounge like those in airports with limited food and drinks.

I was on the Inspiration last week. I purchased a suite. We had priority boarding and debarking, priority tender (ship to shore only), room was ready upon boarding, and fast luggage delivery. Our luggage tags had the Faster to the fun logo printed on them. Something new this time is a sticker on my sign and sail card that says "Suite Guest."

I do wish they would make some perks available only for suite guests like comped soft drinks or a lounge like those in airports with limited food and drinks.

Hmm..I wonder if they've made changes. I assume you did NOT purchase FTTF?

Carnival has 2 different types of luggage tags ... priority (Diamond, Platinum, FTTF and Suite guests) and general (everyone else) ... this is for 'boarding only' as well as allowing the D/P/Suite guests into the priority/captains lounge while awaiting boarding. ALL tags have FTTF stamped on the priority tags.

Interesting about the 'suite' sticker ... I'm guessing that's a fast way to distinguish suite guests from D/P/FTTF ... FTTF guests have a sticker too .. suite guests do not have access to the priority GS line

Not unless you have FTTF. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, suite guests do have priority tender now along with a free bag of laundry and 2 bottles (I believe 2) of bottled water ... of course, suite guests continue to have priority embarkation (boarding) and debarkation

Actually, suite guests do have priority tender now along with a free bag of laundry and 2 bottles (I believe 2) of bottled water ... of course, suite guests continue to have priority embarkation (boarding) and debarkation
That was the case for us on Pride in July. Since we're Platinum it wasn't anything we didn't already have - but we had more bottled water than we knew what to do with.;)

As of April 2016...

“Carnival Cruise Line is set to increase its gratuity guidelines but also plans to sweeten the deal for suite passengers with additional benefits such as a free bag of laundry.

The line has advised of its intention to raise gratuities from $12.00 to $12.95 per person per day for standard cabins and $13.95 per person per day for suites, effective for cruises departing September 1, 2016 and onward.

Announced in a letter, dated April 29, Carnival added: “In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service”, Carnival confirmed.”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As of April 2016...

“Carnival Cruise Line is set to increase its gratuity guidelines but also plans to sweeten the deal for suite passengers with additional benefits such as a free bag of laundry.

The line has advised of its intention to raise gratuities from $12.00 to $12.95 per person per day for standard cabins and $13.95 per person per day for suites, effective for cruises departing September 1, 2016 and onward.

Announced in a letter, dated April 29, Carnival added: “In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service”, Carnival confirmed.”

I don't see "room ready right away" or FTTF luggage delivery, nor the separate line at GS.... The others stuff is great to hear about, they sure should do something for the suite guests!

In the Long Beach Captain's Lounge there were water, lemonade and cookies available.

What sticker? The only sticker I have ever seen is for FTTF/Priority luggage and that’s bright orange with the FTTF logo.

It's like the fttf sticker but says suite guest. I'm fact, since they have same benefits as fttf, I have seen them in place of fttf in galveston.

Since keys onboard went live there in mid july, I am not sure how that is done now, now that I think about it. I don't know if they now do it on the ship, or if they do it all.

It's like the fttf sticker but says suite guest. I'm fact, since they have same benefits as fttf, I have seen them in place of fttf in galveston.

Since keys onboard went live there in mid july, I am not sure how that is done now, now that I think about it. I don't know if they now do it on the ship, or if they do it all.

There are no such stickers out of POM or PE and I have never heard of such a thing anywhere else. They do not get the same benefits as FTTF as has already been pointed out. It says “Priority” on the boarding pass and that’s it. No GS line, no cabin ready at embarkation.