Emerald Princess cabin B751

SusieS

I was in B748 on the Ruby, port corner, sister ship. Absolutely gorgeous views. The noise from the churning of the props is constant, however it becomes white noise after awhile and you won't notice it as much. If you like motion, this is the area for you. Depending on the seas, the pitching and rolling can be significant. Coming back form Cabo, we laid on the bed looking out at the horizon rise above the handrail and then fall below sight-line of the deck. Usually you could feel a slight vibration as well, back there. Not much, but noticeable. You will find an unmarked door next to 749: that is your short cut to Club Fusion for your muster drill. Expect a long walk to everywhere. I don't want to be a buzz-kill, but wanted to relay my experience. Would I book this cabin again? You betcha, in a heart beat; especially in calmer waters than the Mexi-Cali Coast. The views and the privacy back there are priceless!

It is completely covered.

Thanks so much, you guys! Thrak, this room is for our October 24-November 18th sailing on the Emerald! I was just about to join the roll call, & I noticed your name on there. So excited for this itinerary....! This will be our first balcony, thanks to a move-over offer from last year.

Thanks so much, you guys! Thrak, this room is for our October 24-November 18th sailing on the Emerald! I was just about to join the roll call, & I noticed your name on there. So excited for this itinerary....! This will be our first balcony, thanks to a move-over offer from last year.

Congratulations! We live in the hope of a move-over offer. Missing a planned cruise would be hard but getting a free cruise would make up for it.

What I would really like next time, (if there is a next time!), is to have a move under offer. That way we can still go on the planned cruise, but trade a balcony for an inside room, & the cruise is then free. That i’d do in a heartbeat!

Eddy, was the slight vibration constant? I can remember once checking out the Adiago bar on the Ruby, & the slight vibration I felt while sitting there actually made me feel sick....Maybe I should rethink this!:o

I didn't always notice it and it didn't bother my sleep, but I'm sure that it was always there. Didn't pay attention as to the severity at different speeds but I'm sure that the vibrations diminished as the speed decreased. The vibration wasn't as bad as the pitching and rolling in the rough California current off the coast of Mexico between Cabo and LA. Our cruise was late Nov/early Dec.

I'd still still book the cabin. UBD after leaving Cabo was perfect!

Eddy, was the slight vibration constant? I can remember once checking out the Adiago bar on the Ruby, & the slight vibration I felt while sitting there actually made me feel sick....Maybe I should rethink this!:o

If you book an aft-facing cabin you will definitely feel vibration. It didn't bother us at all. Another person we cruised with hated the vibration and said, "Never again!"

I was in B748 on the Ruby, port corner, sister ship. Absolutely gorgeous views. The noise from the churning of the props is constant, however it becomes white noise after awhile and you won't notice it as much. If you like motion, this is the area for you. Depending on the seas, the pitching and rolling can be significant. Coming back form Cabo, we laid on the bed looking out at the horizon rise above the handrail and then fall below sight-line of the deck. Usually you could feel a slight vibration as well, back there. Not much, but noticeable. You will find an unmarked door next to 749: that is your short cut to Club Fusion for your muster drill. Expect a long walk to everywhere. I don't want to be a buzz-kill, but wanted to relay my experience. Would I book this cabin again? You betcha, in a heart beat; especially in calmer waters than the Mexi-Cali Coast. The views and the privacy back there are priceless!

It is completely covered.

So often people don't post the negative aspects of a cabin so it's really good to read your comments. People need to know the good AND the bad to make a decision that works for them and their situation.

We've experienced the same thing on any aft cabin we've had on Princess. The vibration is definitely noticeable and the movement is definitely more noticeable than being midship, or even mid-aft. It's not as noticeable with other cruise lines' ships, but with Princess it is. Just something to be aware of in case that kind of thing bothers you.

Thank you all...this has been beyond helpful! As much as we’ve always pined for an aft balcony, this could also be a really bad move for me. We’ll switch to mid-ship!

Seems you are making a good decision to switch to mid-ship!

With mid-ship you will never be more than halfway from anyplace on the ship to and from your cabin. :)