Three for Free Peomotion?

atlantic cruiser

Does anyone know when this promotion will return? Wishing to book a cruise under this promotion as we felt it was good value. Thanks for any insight.

If it follows the past several years, it will begin shortly after the current Sip+Sail offer ends on 9/5/18.

And hopefully it will have the same benefits as last year & again includes all types of cabins.

The "3 for Free" cruise sale includes:

• Free stateroom location upgrades - enabling guests to get the best preferred stateroom available within that stateroom type for the lowest possible fare
  • Free onboard gratuities
  • Free onboard spending money - up to $600 per stateroom

In addition, the cruise sale features a low $100 per person refundable deposit.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/princess-cruises-3-free-sale-120000532.html

It remains to be seen if it will be of any benefit to us. The Sip and Sail certainly wasn't of any benefit. We had a balcony booked but, in order to get the Sip and Sail we would have had to re-book at the new prices and the cabin went up by $1,200. Likely the 3 for Free will have the same inflated pricing. We have 3 cruises booked and two of them would be eligible for the promo but I doubt we will change our bookings. It's a drag as one of them has absolutely zero perks included.

For all of our recent & future cruises (balcony & interior cabins) the 3 for Free has resulted in our best price & nothing changed except for adding the 3 for Free benefits.

But that can vary for each passenger because all of their sales state it’s capacity controlled & not available for every cabin. We have a late November 2019 cruise that already has limited availability so we might not be able to add 3FF to get a lower net price.

For all of our recent & future cruises (balcony & interior cabins) the 3 for Free has resulted in our best price & nothing changed except for adding the 3 for Free benefits...

This has been our experience too. We've waited for the 3 for Free sale twice and both times it resulted in the same price (but added value because the cabin was the best available within our category, interior) and the perks. Most recently, the sale included the tips and OBC as well. The first time it included a specialty restaurant and OBC credit. After booking, no other sale or price drop matched the value of the 3 for Free. The sale started about Sept 5.

There must be all kinds of variables that go into determining who benefits from a promotion. Destination, season, ship, cabin type, cabin availability and what ever else Princess considers relevant.

On the first day that the Alaskan cruise tours for 2019 first became available for booking I booked a suite and put a hold on the adjacent balcony cabin. The next day my brother-in-law booked the balcony cabin I had put on hold. The only perk we got was the "launch savings" of $50 p/p.

When the Landmark sale began and applied to our cruise tour, both cabins were switched by our travel agent to that promotion and we got $250 p/p, ($500 per cabin OBC), with no change in our fare.

When the Sip & Sail promotion began, my brother-in-law switched to that promotion. He lost the $500 OBC from the Landmark sale but there was no change in his fare. He is confident that he and his wife would have a bar bill in excess of the OBC he lost so he will come out ahead by having our travel agent make the switch.

Thank you so much for the feedback. This promotion has worked well for my daughter and child for spring break in the Caribbean for several seasons. I was hoping it would start in August as the cabins that we are interested in on the Regal princess March 24,2019 in the category she wants are going fast. I don’t want to tie up the larger deposit for that long under current offers and she has an ill dog which may make it not possible to go. If I did book under existing promos to secure the cabin I want could I switch to 3 for free? Have to check if the deposit is refundable as well. So much more complicated than the good old days when booking. Again thanks for all the help.

Thank you so much for the feedback. This promotion has worked well for my daughter and child for spring break in the Caribbean for several seasons. I was hoping it would start in August as the cabins that we are interested in on the Regal princess March 24,2019 in the category she wants are going fast. I don’t want to tie up the larger deposit for that long under current offers and she has an ill dog which may make it not possible to go. If I did book under existing promos to secure the cabin I want could I switch to 3 for free? Have to check if the deposit is refundable as well. So much more complicated than the good old days when booking. Again thanks for all the help.

You would have needed to book with last year’s 3 for Free for that Spring 2019 cruise because that covered Summer 2018 to Spring 2019” cruises.

So an upcoming 3FF would cover Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 just like the current S+S offer.

Edited by Astro Flyer

There's a sip & sail promotion now? I looked at a 10 day southern for spring and didn't see that one.

That’s because it’s for Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 cruises and not for Spring 2019 which would’ve needed to be booked with the 2017 S+S.