On Constellation

amber1002

What extra perks did you get for onboard booking...new to X. Our first cruise with this line (25+ with RCI) will be May 28th on Eclipse and now considering the Connie for Singapore-Shanghai Jan 2019...so perhaps should wait to book onboard.

We got all gratuities included, classic drinks package, WiFi, $250 onboard credit per stateroom (which they said we could have used on the cruise we were already on, or keep it for the next one), upgrade to C2 Concierge Class room (we were in C3 rooms), plus a discount on the cruise - I think that was $300USD discount. Our travel agent said it was a fantastic deal when the details were sent to them.

And as I mentioned I have not had an issue with the food on Constellation twice within a year and not on any other ship. I am not missing the point, I just don’t feel the same way.

I might not be cruising for 20 years (oh wait, my first cruise was 1989 :o), however, I do understand that things and preferences change. Believe me, I am not happy about all the changes as well - cruising or other areas. I am just very hesitant to call things going „downhill“ just because I cannot or do not want to keep up with changes. It is a matter of perspective - some call it going downhill, others call it progress (good or bad).

If I feel like it is time to move on to more traditional lines I will do so. I just don’t think I will feel the need to let the world know...

How very noble of you not to want to let the world know when you want to move on and of course you are much more experienced celebrity cruiser than me. I on the other hand just want to maybe let others know what they might experience on the constellation so they know what to expect to get for their hard earned money. I am very pleased that you have had such wonderful experiences however many of us have not! Thank you and goodbye

Just back from the Constellation r/t Singapore 1/29-2/10. Enjoyed the cruise very much--bad weather prevented us from Nha Trang as seas were very high and tendering unsafe. Found food overall to be good-very good--for those on board now or soon we had Alister waiter in San Marco and he was just wonderful--one of the best in our 12+ cruises on Celebrity. Constellation showing some age but well cared for--officers were out/about daily and feedback was always welcomed. Wishing everyone happy cruising!

We have sailed on the Constellation twice. Once 3 years ago and then again last year. We thought the food and service were very good on both cruises. Public areas in very good condition and always kept very clean. Our cabin was a little worse for wear(but clean) and this was disappointing. Two years ago we sailed on the Eclipse and while enjoyable found it a bit noisy and big for our tastes. Our preference is for M class ships which are far more relaxing.

Any new cruiser who are booked on the Constellation please do not be but off by negative reviews here. They seem like an overreaction to me. You will have a great holiday and will love the Constellation.

How very noble of you not to want to let the world know when you want to move on and of course you are much more experienced celebrity cruiser than me. I on the other hand just want to maybe let others know what they might experience on the constellation so they know what to expect to get for their hard earned money. I am very pleased that you have had such wonderful experiences however many of us have not! Thank you and goodbye

Oh my... another one who loves to tell everyone else how bad everything is but can’t take it if there is actually a majority of people still enjoying their cruises - how sad.

I hope you will have a better time wherever you move on to!

Btw: no reason to get snarky! But before you do, next time read what is written. I never said I have more experience with X than you. Why would I? Is this a contest?

My first cruise was on a ship and line you and most other people do not even know. It was at a time where food was still high class gourmet food and you had to really dress up every night. I was by far the youngest person on the ship. Actually I am glad that some of that changed and things are more relaxed now. Sometimes downhill is not too bad at all.

Have a nice cruise!

Just back from the Constellation r/t Singapore 1/29-2/10. Enjoyed the cruise very much--bad weather prevented us from Nha Trang as seas were very high and tendering unsafe. Found food overall to be good-very good--for those on board now or soon we had Alister waiter in San Marco and he was just wonderful--one of the best in our 12+ cruises on Celebrity. Constellation showing some age but well cared for--officers were out/about daily and feedback was always welcomed. Wishing everyone happy cruising!

So glad you had a lovely cruise! I've been disappointed and surprised at some of the posts about Connie of late. We were on her for almost 4 weeks October/ November and had one of the best trips in over 40 cruises 20 of which were with Celebrity. Will join the ship again for 25nts in April,will post back after we return but hopefully things will be back to the usual standards. Dianne