Christmas and new year itineraries

hollyjess

Having started this post re christmas and new year sailings I would like to add something regarding the itineraries. As has already been said passengers are fed up of Canaries and Caribbean flycruises. Why not not introduce somewhere new such as Dubai etc on a no fly cruise over the festive period. Most of the passengers on our Oriana cruise were 65 plus so mainly retired I am sure P and O would have no problem filling the ship.

I do not think I am on my own by stating that P and O will have to start seeking pastures new if they want to keep their seasoned loyal passengers who are fed up of the same year in year out itineraries.

We did a lovely Christmas and New Year itinerary as far as the Adriatic I think 4 years ago on Oriana.....although Venice was fogbound (replaced with Trieste) we had a beautiful Christmas Eve in Dubrovnik, wall to wall sunshine.....we walked the walls.....New Year's Eve in Lisbon and mostly good weather during the 17/18 days.

Hope the CEO is reading this forum re christmas and new year itineraries. It might make P and O up their game!

I wouldn't hold your breath!

It would make sense to do longer cruises to the likes of Dubai in November and early December and then again in January and February when they have to discount holidays from the UK because of demand.

While cruises longer than 2 weeks are only likely to appeal on the whole to the retired there is no reason why they couldn't offer an option as well for half a cruise either flying back or joining the cruise half way through.

To me it seems there are a lot more 2 or 3 night cruises which just don't appeal to me at all and are not worth the time / expense of getting to Southampton. However I imagine the average spend on drinks and speciality restaurants on the short cruises is much more than the 2 week cruises so I expect they will continue.

Having started this post re christmas and new year sailings I would like to add something regarding the itineraries. As has already been said passengers are fed up of Canaries and Caribbean flycruises. Why not not introduce somewhere new such as Dubai etc on a no fly cruise over the festive period. Most of the passengers on our Oriana cruise were 65 plus so mainly retired I am sure P and O would have no problem filling the ship.

I do not think I am on my own by stating that P and O will have to start seeking pastures new if they want to keep their seasoned loyal passengers who are fed up of the same year in year out itineraries.

YES totally agree with you, especially when you are doing a Christmas/New Year back to back and they make the itineraries exactly the same - people are getting fed up with this:cool: