Alaska cruises 2019

mumsey

My husband and I are looking at the Alaska cruises on QE in 2019,in particular Q918A from Vancouver to San Francisco.On their web page"Choose staterooms and fare types"'boxes along the top list prices"from..........".If you then go into the actual fares for the different types of staterooms they bear no comparison to these fares and are much more expensive.Eg,Inside from £1899pp.The cheapest price quoted underneath for an inside is £3029!!!! The same applies for other types of staterooms.My husband queried this with Cunard who said that the cheaper prices had been Cunard Saver Fares but they were not now available.Methinks the website needs amending!!

Thank you,Kentchris.I see what you mean.You are right.Hubby insists prices in boxes along top should reflect with and without flights.I think he is being pedantic,have to say this is his "beef". He books the cruises,I just go along with him (gratefully!!!!!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have occasionally seen headline prices for Southampton round trip cruises which haven't existed in the fares by category, so the 'front page' of cruises do sometimes manage get out of sync with selling prices e.g. where a cabin grade has sold out or where a saver fare has gone as per the explanation your husband got from Cunard. The difference has always been a matter of couple of hundred pounds or less, rather than the difference between flight inclusive and exclusive prices as on the Alaska cruise you mentioned.