Privée private dining venue

Papaick

If it helps at all getting a feel of the room my OH has a video of Riviera on YouTube. Privee comes at about 3.47mins in.

I think that Stan and Jim give us a great feel of the room on this thread. Their photos tell it all. Bravo to them.

A single cruiser makes a reservation for Privée not a Group. That cruiser is charged the fee at time of booking, and the fee is paid at that time. If any of that fee is split among the guests, that is a separate transaction between the host and the guests. If corkage fees, beverage fees, or other costs, are involved, the guests can opt to have those fees added to their individual bills at final payment of the evening.

This isn’t rocket science. An individual makes the reservations and pays, to Oceanla, the fee to secure the reservation.

Not true. On our recent Marina cruise, we toured with people met on the roll call along with our group of 6 traveling together. We inquired of some of those we were with if they were interested in booking Privee. When we had our group we made the reservation & the fee was split amongst the couples & charged to each stateroom account.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While the food served in Privée consisted of a seven-course degustation menu custom designed by the Executive Chef, your idea of recruiting others was ingenious!

6a0120a92e343a970b014e5fbf9ce1970c-800wi.jpg?w=720&ssl=1

Nowadays the food comes from the two adjoining specialty restaurants, so you're basically paying $12.50 per person to eat the same food at a table 20 feet away from where the whole business would be included in your cruise fare. :o

I must ask:

Would it ever occur to you to chip in with others to rent out the private party room of a local restaurant? :confused:

Stan and Jim: Thanks for posting the menu from the olden days and the picture of the plates and glassware. How many people were present for that dinner? It would be delightful if a little complicated to have Shabu-Shabu there. Perhaps they could go in that direction again as a shared experience? For 10, the price would be similar to the wine dinners but in an even nicer room. Stan and Jim, did you have wine pairings with that dinner?

Grits;

My comments about making reservations for Privee are accurate, if you make the reservations before boarding. Your methodology only works, if booked aboard. As an aside, on my last couple of O ship cruises the Privee was pre booked every night a couple months before cruise date. One might find some longish cruises like a TA where nights are still available upon boarding, but PPPPPP.

As to booking the Privee vs eating in the Specialties. My Privee experiences have always been joyous affairs, with people talking and wine flowing. With up to 10 fellow passengers talking across a large table, the volume can even become ramped up! If those boisterous evenings were moved into one of the Specialties, I rest assured some of the more sedate crowd, sharing the Restaurant with us, would be outraged by such activities and the thought of merriment being had near them! We gladly pay and split the $250 booking fee to separate ourselves so to not interfere with others sedateness.

While the food served in Privée consisted of a seven-course degustation menu custom designed by the Executive Chef, your idea of recruiting others was ingenious!

6a0120a92e343a970b014e5fbf9ce1970c-800wi.jpg?w=720&ssl=1

Nowadays the food comes from the two adjoining specialty restaurants, so you're basically paying $12.50 per person to eat the same food at a table 20 feet away from where the whole business would be included in your cruise fare. :o

I must ask:

Would it ever occur to you to chip in with others to rent out the private party room of a local restaurant? :confused:

I equate it to splitting the bill when dining with other couples in a restaurant. My group of 6 had extra OBC and though I am definitely of the school of "why pay when the GDR is for free" we enjoyed our one night in each of the 2 specialities & were willing to use the OBC for the opportunity to experience Privee. Rather than keep it just us we asked some of the others if they wanted to try it too. Had they said no, we probably would have done it anyway & just split it among the 6 of us.

If the opportunity presented itself again (Privee available when on board and surplus OBC to use) I would definitely do it, it was a lovely evening.

Grits;

My comments about making reservations for Privee are accurate, if you make the reservations before boarding. Your methodology only works, if booked aboard. As an aside, on my last couple of O ship cruises the Privee was pre booked every night a couple months before cruise date. One might find some longish cruises like a TA where nights are still available upon boarding, but PPPPPP.

Agreed. The second to last night of our 10 day was open, probably because it was the Berlin day and that's a long tour day. But it worked for us, we just made our reservation for the latest possible time [emoji3]