Beach Limerz reservations?

regg1216

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a quick review of Beach Limerz in connection with our visit on the 10/28 sailing of the Summit. I had communicated with Gail in advance but we elected not to make a reservation since we weren't sure of our plans. With 365 beaches in Antigua, it's hard to choose! Ultimately, we took a taxi and just showed up. We were warmly welcomed with a complimentary rum punch and paid $25 upon arrival and were given 2 beach loungers and an umbrella. The $25 went toward our tab for the day. We each had 3-4 cocktails and ordered lunch from the menu, sharing an appetizer of conch fritters and a grilled mahi wrap with fries. At the end of the day we owed an additional $55. Prices are in EC, so I had no idea if we were having a $20 sandwich or a $75 sandwich - haha! I thought the place was fantastic as far as the setting and the quiet. There were probably around 25 guests there that day, with additional locals coming in for lunch. Our taxi driver returned at an agreed time to take us back to port. I'd definitely visit again.

+1 on if you paid $25 for a couple or $25pp. Also, can you comment on how crowded it was with 25 other guests there? i see they say they try to keep it around that number and never exceed 50 people, but from Google maps it looks fairly small and was thinking maybe 25-30 people might actually seem crowded. Basically trying to hope this place is like Cozumel's Nachi Cocum but more expensive and a la carte.

We visited Beach Limerz on 11/17 while on the NCL Dawn and it was my favorite stop of the cruise.

There was a bit of confusion meeting our taxi driver, but once we found him, we quickly made our way to Beach Limerz. Our driver was Anthony and he also picked us up in the afternoon. And then he went above and beyond when he found my phone in his car after he dropped us off at the end of the day. He returned it to the port and it was delivered to me before I even realized it was gone.

Now, back to Beach Limerz. We did the all-inclusive and it was worth every penny. There were only seven people total there that day. We had our own little area and the entire day was just about perfect. What would have made it perfect was if we didn't have to leave. The drinks were good and the food was excellent as well. We could have any combination of chicken, ribs and fish. Between the two of us, we had all three and they were all very good.

We really appreciated the loungers. They are the hard plastic loungers -- not the ones with the rubber straps stretched across the frame. We liked that we didn't sink through the lounger and there was enough weight to the them that we could sit on the ends without them flying up on us. After dealing with these types of chairs earlier the week in Barbados, we were grateful to have something solid to sit on.

Although I'm certain there are plenty of other places to explore in Antigua, if I go back on a cruise ship, I will certainly book here again. It is my favorite beach we've visited on a cruise.

We are interested in visiting BeachLimerz in December. I have a question about the BBQ lunch with the day pass. Is this served throughout the day, or only for an hour or two? Is it served buffet style or do they bring you a plate?

I'm just wondering if we were planning to be there from 10-4, if it's possible to get a small plate of food at, say 11:00 AM, and then another small plate later in the afternoon? Or is it just a one time eat and you're done?

We are interested in visiting BeachLimerz in December. I have a question about the BBQ lunch with the day pass. Is this served throughout the day, or only for an hour or two? Is it served buffet style or do they bring you a plate?

I'm just wondering if we were planning to be there from 10-4, if it's possible to get a small plate of food at, say 11:00 AM, and then another small plate later in the afternoon? Or is it just a one time eat and you're done?

You would probably need to ask Gail at BeachLimerz to get a definite answer.

It is not a buffet....they bring you lunch on a plate. When we arrived, they asked then what time we thought we would like to have lunch and when closer to that time, someone came to the beach to get us and let us know lunch was ready.

Thanks for your response. I did email Gail, but haven't heard back from her yet.

The info is appreciated! Just want to know what to expect so we can decide if we'd rather do the all day plan or the pay as you go.

She is usually very prompt in replying.....give her a day or 2 and then maybe send her a second email. Hope if you decide to go, you have a great day there!

• 1 month later...
We visited Beach Limerz on 11/17 while on the NCL Dawn and it was my favorite stop of the cruise.

There was a bit of confusion meeting our taxi driver, but once we found him, we quickly made our way to Beach Limerz. Our driver was Anthony and he also picked us up in the afternoon. And then he went above and beyond when he found my phone in his car after he dropped us off at the end of the day. He returned it to the port and it was delivered to me before I even realized it was gone.

Now, back to Beach Limerz. We did the all-inclusive and it was worth every penny. There were only seven people total there that day. We had our own little area and the entire day was just about perfect. What would have made it perfect was if we didn't have to leave. The drinks were good and the food was excellent as well. We could have any combination of chicken, ribs and fish. Between the two of us, we had all three and they were all very good.

We really appreciated the loungers. They are the hard plastic loungers -- not the ones with the rubber straps stretched across the frame. We liked that we didn't sink through the lounger and there was enough weight to the them that we could sit on the ends without them flying up on us. After dealing with these types of chairs earlier the week in Barbados, we were grateful to have something solid to sit on.

Although I'm certain there are plenty of other places to explore in Antigua, if I go back on a cruise ship, I will certainly book here again. It is my favorite beach we've visited on a cruise.

How much was the taxi to and from Beachlimerz? And can you pay by credit card or cash only? Thanks

We went to Beach Limerz on Saturday, Dec. 16th. We had made a deposit of $25 pp for PAYG. We took a taxi on our own because we didn't want to be locked in to a specific time. It's quite a gauntlet of drivers you go through before you get to the dispatch stand. Gail told us we were the only reservation that day and in truth, we only saw one other group of 3 or 4 people on the beach, on a different stretch than we were so it was like having a private beach to ourselves. While the BeachLimerz part is compact, the beach (empty) stretches out for ages, so you don't feel hemmed in at all. There were more people at lunch and service was on the relaxed side (e.g slow) but the food was delicious. This place was quiet, serene, secluded, all that and more. If you're looking for music, action, and active service, this isn't the place. But if you want to chill in beauty, by all means, come to Beach Limerz.

Can't say enough great things about Gail and Beach Limerez! We were a family group of 18 there on Christmas day and it couldn't have been more perfect. I made reservations well ahead and Gail was wonderful to work with. Since our group was so big, we were able to get a discount on the all-included rate $60 instead of $65 pp, and half that for the little kids in our group.

When we docked in the morning, I looked out and realized uh-oh! We were not at the regular port! I had no idea where we were, but called the BeachLimerz number and got Gail's husband Barry (a most patient man, especially for being called at 8 am on Christmas morning!) I described all the containers I could see, and he figured out that we were at the deep water dock, a very industrial area. He assured me all would be well, and indeed it was. He was able to reroute the vans they had arranged to get us ($4 pp each way, pay the drivers upon the return) and we were picked up exactly as scheduled, just in the new spot. We were actually so close to Beach Limerez at this dock that we could look back and see our ship from the bar.

At the beach, a whole section of loungers, tables, and umbrellas had been reserved for us. There was one other family there, and they had a similar set up a little bit apart. There were tons of beach and water toys and the water was beautiful. A huge feast was set up, ready about 12:30, and long picnic tables put together. It really felt like a Christmas Dinner. Everyone was so very nice and warm (and kind to the older members of our group) and the day was just perfect.