Tampa hotel with pool

balconybuddies

Cruisin*tigger, thank you for the referral. I spoke to the nicest person, via their 800#, who informed me that their "cruise package" includes the usual: airport to hotel transfers, breakfast, heated pool AND hotel to cruise port transfers (coctail party only Monday - Thurday, darn!:( ) Prices are highest for Jan., their busy month, but you may be able to get the $99.00 special for Nov - give reservations a call during the day. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my post.....BB

We are staying at the Chase Suites the day/evening before our December cruise out of Tampa. I spoke to some other folks who have used this hotel as their "night before the cruise" stayover. It was well recommended. Allowing us to park our van at the hotel at no charge, for the duration of our cruise, is an added bonus. We will miss the cocktail party, too, but the free breakfast is an added plus. Enjoy your stay!

Mick:)

MickeyG and KrazyKruizers - thank you both for your replies. I have found 2 other hotels, both with indoor pools which I would have preferred, but the best deal is still the Chase Suites. In case anyone else is reading this, the other 2 hotels with indoor pools are: Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport (very expensive!) and Tampa Marriott Westshore ($10.00 more then the Chase). Neither of the 2 I just listed include breakfast or free shuttles for both airport and cruise port. Taking everything into consideration, the Chase Suites is a better deal for us.

Scarborough, we're on the same cruise.:p I responded to your post "Splendour of the Seas 1/2/05", on the RCCL Meet & Mingle board. Have you found anyone else on the same cruise?

Thanks to cruisin*tigger and MickeyG, I think we found a good deal at the Chase Suite Hotel. Check out the web site and see what you think.

I looked at the site and found the park and cruise deal for $129.00 per night. Did you book on the net or call? We had bad luck this past January in Port Canaveral with the shuttle service. We wound up taking a taxi both ways. The only good thing was not having to pay the port's parking fees. I'm trying to decide if we want to park at the port or somewhere and take a shuttle. Trying to see what would be the most economical. Hopefully Tampa won't have as many mix-ups with their shuttles if we decide to go this route.

Scarborough.... I phoned the hotel this morning and spoke to reservations -when you call their toll free # they connect you directly to the individual hotel.

The reservations manager, whom I booked with, said to advise them what time we want our shuttle to the cruise pier when we check in on the 1st.

The price is good to me, considering we're getting a larger then normal room, ALL of our transfers, breakfast, use of a heated pool and (looks like) a hot tub. Personally, all I care about is the pool and hot tub.:D

balconybuddies...happy to be able to help. Being new to cruising, I needed to get as much info as I could about everything including pre cruise hotels. A very nice person recommended the Chase Suites and said she was very happy with the room and management. I called twice to make sure my reservations for December were confirmed along with transport to and from the pier, and free parking at the hotel. Everything was written as I had requested.

cruisin*tigger....looking forward to your report on the Chase and your cruise. Enjoy your cocktail party and cruise.

I am too leaving from Tampa, April 05, and I was going to stay at the Best Western, but if Chase suites allows you to leave your car there for the week I am very interested in checking them out! Could someone give me some contact numbers for them?

Thanks

Hi!

Just want to pass along the info you requested.

The contact number for the Chase Suites in Tampa is (813) 281-5677 or toll free at 1-800-woodfin. Their fax # is (813) 289-0266.

We have a room reserved for the evening prior to our cruise. The cost is $119.00 per night which includes a free breakfast for the family, free parking (we are driving to Florida from Michigan), and free roundtrip transportation to/from hotel to pier the day of our cruise and the day we return. I have callled twice since making the reservation, just to make sure all these details were still in their computer....It is! I even double checked to make sure the parking is free and in a safe location at the hotel. They have assured me that everything will be taken care of as planned. I have reserved this hotel based on the recommendation of another family who has stayed at the Chase Suites. They did not use the free parking since they flew into Tampa. They did use the free roundtrip transport. from the airport to the hotel/pier and back to the airport. They were very pleased with the room, service, food and hospitality of the staff. Since this is our first trip to Tampa and first cruise, I would rather go by word of mouth than anything else.

I hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the info Mick. Funny thing, I had just brought up another hotel which is in the same area as the Chase Suites, similar address. It's the Sailport and they do the parking and shuttle service too. But their rates with Orbitz are $40 less than Chase. We are going in February and the prices shoot up like crazy that time of the year. So have to decide which one. Really appreciate your help.:)

I just tried calling the Chase reservation # and the person there asked me to call back on Monday because she could not book for 2005. Anyone else get this?

Yes, I tried to book with Chase but was told by several TA's as well as the hotel itself that they are not available for the time I needed, February. I booked with the Sailport Suites which is near Chase and they gave me a good price compared to Chase ($120, which is February = high season). And they do the free parking of my car for the duration of the cruise, plus shuttle to and from the pier.

Wow! Am so very excited about this hotel!! Going to be in Tampa on 12/30 to leave 12/31 on the Horizon.

We had booked through parksleepfly.com at the Amerisuites - and I was getting nervous after reading the reviews for that hotel.

We are going to cancel Amerisuites and rebook for this one!

Thanks for the awesome tip!!!

koconut,

we did exactly the same thing for our Dec. 10 cruise on the Horizon. I canceled our reservation with Amerisuite due to the not so favorable reviews and booked with Chase Suites. Can’t wait to get there.

Have a wonderful cruise.:)

We are so excited - we got a 950 sq ft 2 bedroom suite for only $16 more than we had booked the very underrated Amerisuites for!! And we'll be there on Thursday night so we'll enjoy the Social Hour as well.

The website looks fabulous! We are two couples travelling together and the suite will be much better than one stuffy hotel room full of people and 10 days worth of luggage.

Archived