Wine prices on adonia

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:31 AM.
WHITE PLAINS NY
83 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Any one who has sailed on the Fathom Adonia, what are wine prices like? Is there are house wine by the bottle? Does it pay to bring your own wine ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
FUN TO TRAVEL
2,945 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by alaud
Any one who has sailed on the Fathom Adonia, what are wine prices like? Is there are house wine by the bottle? Does it pay to bring your own wine ?
Well, I believe you are allowed one bottle - drink it in your cabin and no charge, but take it to the dining room and there is a corkage fee. I don't remember if you're allowed additional bottles with the mandatory fee or not. (I do know it's a case where solos get messed over because someone could be traveling with someone who doesn't drink and that person still gets a bottle allowance, so the drinker gets 2. But fathom isn't the only line that does it per person rather than per stateroom - and come to think of it, the other one I have cruised on that does it is under the Carnival umbrella, so...)

I got a glass with dinner a couple of nights because I didn't have a chance to go anywhere and get a bottle (and the place I thought I could had it in their merch area but couldn't sell it, so go figure that one out) and TBH I don't remember the cost per glass. I remember the Glass House was out of my price range.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
beth

*~*~*~

Past Cruises ~ 4/1983 - SS Emerald Seas, Bahamas; 7/2013 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 2/2014 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 7/2014 - HAL ms Westerdam, Alaska; 2/2015 - Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean; 7/2015 - RCCL Radiance of the Seas, Alaska; 7/2016 - RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Mediterranean/Venice; 12/2016 - fathom Adonia, Cuba; 2/2017 - Disney Magic, Bahamas; 4/2017 - fathom Adonia, Cuba and Dominican Republic
Future Cruises ~ 7/2018 - Jewel of the Seas, Greek Isles; 2/2019 - Celebrity Edge, Western Caribbean; 4/2019 - Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera
Phoenix, AZ
187 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
From the boarding pass:

Thank you for observing our carry-on alcohol policy. As a reminder, adult passengers are permitted to bring one
750ml bottle of wine or champagne onboard per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in
the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $20 corkage fee each,
irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits, or beers are not permitted. Please
remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.
Note that you are allowed to purchase rum in the ports and bring it onto the ship for personal consumption in your cabin.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fascination - Southern Caribbean - 1996
Celebrity Mercury - Panama Canal - 2002
Fathom Adonia - Cuba - April 2, 2017
32 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Officially, the policy is as stated above. However when I was aboard for a DR sailing in October you could have brought the entire winery aboard and nothing would have been said. Fathom is a much more adult line then the rest of the Cost Cutting Cruise Lines brands.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carla C - 1982, Costa Daphne - 1983, Chandris Britanis - 1984, Costa Riviera - 1985, Song of Norway - 1986, Costa Riviera - 1987, Celebrity Meridian - 1990, Royal Majesty - 1993, Norwegian Majesty - 1997, Big Red Boat - 1998, NCL Leeward - 1999, S/S Norway - 2000, Celebrity Horizon - 2000, Royal Princess - 2001, Celebrity Infinity - 2002, Carnival Spirit - 2002, Celebrity Zenith - 2005, Norwegian Sun - 2006, Carnival Inspiration - 2007, Carnival Legend - 2007, Oceania Regatta - 2008, Grandeur Of The Seas - 2009, Carnival Miracle - 2009, ms Eurodam - 2009, Celebrity Millennium - 2010, Radiance Of The Seas - 2010, Carnival Legend - 2011, ms Maasdam - 2011, Carnival Legend - 2011, Pride of America - 2012, Celebrity Silhouette - 2012, Carnival Breeze - 2013, Celebrity Reflection - 2013, Oceania Riviera - 2014, Celebrity Constellation - 2015, Fathom Adonia - 2016, Carnival Magic - 2016, Fathom Adonia - 2017, Celebrity Solstice - 2017,
2,945 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by Gypsyczar
Officially, the policy is as stated above. However when I was aboard for a DR sailing in October you could have brought the entire winery aboard and nothing would have been said. Fathom is a much more adult line then the rest of the Cost Cutting Cruise Lines brands.
At embarkation or in port? I know on the Cuba one they didn't care in port. I don't know about embarkation because as I said above I got in late the night before and as embarkation was Christmas there was no place to get anything.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
beth

*~*~*~

Past Cruises ~ 4/1983 - SS Emerald Seas, Bahamas; 7/2013 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 2/2014 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 7/2014 - HAL ms Westerdam, Alaska; 2/2015 - Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean; 7/2015 - RCCL Radiance of the Seas, Alaska; 7/2016 - RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Mediterranean/Venice; 12/2016 - fathom Adonia, Cuba; 2/2017 - Disney Magic, Bahamas; 4/2017 - fathom Adonia, Cuba and Dominican Republic
Future Cruises ~ 7/2018 - Jewel of the Seas, Greek Isles; 2/2019 - Celebrity Edge, Western Caribbean; 4/2019 - Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera
Atlanta, GA
419 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
We were on in October. I had a glass of red wine one night with dinner. If I remember correctly, I think it was $6.50. I do remember that the alcohol prices were a little less than Carnival. They were about equivalent to drink prices where we live, Atlanta. We brought on two bottles of wine and never opened the second. We bring our own coffee mugs (tervis) with us, and if we want to have some of our wine in a lounge listening to music, we just put it in the tervis. I bought 4 bottles of wine at Chocal and had no problem bringing them on board; didn't open them, but could have. Have a great cruise ... we leave Sunday ... excited!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Elation Bahamas Oct 17
Fathom Adonia Cuba / DR Mar 17
MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean Jan 17
Carnival Miracle Mexican Riviera Dec 16
Fathom Adonia Dominican Republic Oct 16
Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Feb 16
Carnival Sunshine Bahamas September 15
Carnival Pride Western Caribbean Jan 15
Carnival Fascination Bahamas July 14
Carnival Liberty Southern Caribbean May 14
Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas August 13
Carnival Paradise Mexico June 13
Carnival Fascination Bahamas May 13
Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean Jan 13
Celebrity Millennium West Coast May 12
Carnival Miracle Southern Caribbean Jan 12
Carnival Freedom Caribbean Dec 10
Costa Atlantica Caribbean Feb 10
Carnival Fascination Bahamas Jan 09
Carnival Freedom Transatlantic Oct 07
Carnival Freedom Mediterranean Oct 07
Carnival Holiday Mexico Dec 06
Some NCL Ship I don't remember Bahamas 95
St. Louis
598 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
We found the wine prices quite reasonable compared to other cruiselines in all categories and something for everyone. We brought 4 bottles on embarkation (checked luggage) & nothing was said. The wine classes with Mike (sommelier/wine steward) were excellent. We highly recommend. Enjoy!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Janet
NCL Breakaway (TA- Copenhagen/NYC)10/2018, NCL Sky (Cuba) 10/2017, NCL Sun (Alaska repo from SF) 5/2017, Fathom Aldonia(Cuba/DR) 2/2017, Fathom Aldonia (Cuba) 9/2016, Fathom Aldonia (Dominican Republic Impact Cruise) 8/2016, Century Sun (Yangtze River Cruise) 4/2016, Celebrity Constellation (Eastern Mediterranean) 9/2015Celebrity Solstice (Hawaii) 9/2014, NCL Getaway (E. Caribbean) 3/2014, NCL Sun (Alaska) 5/2013, NCL Sky (Bahamas)4/2013, Celebrity Infinity (Antarctica) Feb 2013, NCL Star (Bermuda) Oct 2012, Azamara Journey (TA New York - Rouen ) Apr 2012, NCL Spirit (West Caribbean) Oct 2011, Azamara Quest (SE Asia) Apr 2011, NCL Dawn (Repo)New York - FLD Oct 2010, Celebrity Solstice (TA Rome to Fort Lauderdale) Nov 2009, NCL Star (Mexican Riviera) Feb 2009, Celebrity Summit (Southern Caribbean) Dec 2008, Celebrity Century (West Caribbean) Jan 2008, Celebrity Constellation (TA Dover to Bayonne) Sept 2007, Celebrity Mercury (Pacific Northwest Repo) Oct 2006, Celebrity Galaxy (Panama Canal) Jan 2006, Celebrity Millenium (Mediterranean) Sept 2003
Port Coquitlam, BC
31 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
We brought a bottle of wine each on board no problem. No corkage fee for opening in the main dining room. If you want to purchase wine, prices started at $25 and went up from there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Orlando, FL
1,940 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
We were on a sailing Last July (2016) and brought 5 bottles of wine and nothing was said. Given the fact that we had a bottle with dinner every night we wound up buying a few more - prices were reasonable. It is true that you could bring back Duty Free in Amber Cove for in cabin consumption, but we are not spirits drinkers so that didn't really appeal. (However, if you are you can buy mixers at the "crew" store just beyond the pool area at Amber Cove so that you have mixers.)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Divina Sept '17, Celebrity Equinox, Jan'17; fathom, July'16 (before she closed shop!),Regal Princess, Jan'16, Carnival Ecstasy, Feb'15, Caribbean Princess (HONEYMOON!!), Jan'15; Island Princess, Oct'14; Carnival Legend, July'14; Ruby Princess, March'14; Caribbean Princess, Mar'13; HAL Ryndham, Dec'12; Carnival Ecstasy, May'12, Caribbean Princess, March'11; Crown Princess Nov'10; Emerald Princess, Easter'10; Disney Magic, Thanksgiving'09; Disney Magic, June'09; Costa Concordia (BEFORE she sank!) Nov'08; Enchantment of the Seas, Mar'08; Costa Magica, Mar'07; Costa Magica, Dec'06; Mariner of the Seas, June 2006; Mariner of the Seas, Mar'06; Grandeur of the Seas,Dec'05; Mariner of the Seas, Mar'05; Carnival Fascination, Oct'04; Disney Wonder, May03
WHITE PLAINS NY
83 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
  • Thanks. I assume that there was a corkage charge?[YOU
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
FUN TO TRAVEL
Port Coquitlam, BC
31 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
  • Thanks. I assume that there was a corkage charge?[YOU