Adonia: things I wished I had had onboard.

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:19 AM.
Gulf Shores
35 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
We just returned from the April 16th Cuba cruise. I will preface this post by saying I really enjoy flavorful food. The food on Adonia was fine as far as quality goes, but I must say most of it was BLAND. Having said that here are a few things I would have brought. 1. A coffee mug 2. A bottle or 2 of salad dressing. 3. McCormick's plastic salt and pepper grinders. 4. Some kind of room air freshener. This is a British ship so many of the, shall we say food customs, are more geared for a British palate. The "mugs" they have in the dining rooms are just a little larger than a standard tea cup. I drink tea in the morning, and they did have a super hot water dispenser to make tea; but because of the way the handle on the cup is engineered I about burnt my fingers every morning. Also they are not very heavy so the heat would dissipate very quickly. The salads that they serve either have no dressing, or what was there was just very bland. Like, mayonnaise would have tasted better. Even though there was vinegar and oil at the buffet, even the vinegar seemed bland. The only salad dressing that I thought had much flavor was the green goddess dressing at the Lido grill; but it isn't always open, and it's kind of a pain to leave one dining room to go get salad dressing by the pool deck. Salt and pepper. The pepper shakers at the buffet hold a very bland white pepper. The grinders in the dining room are worthless. I ground pepper in my hand for a full minute and nothing ever came out. It was like that no matter which table we were seated at. Air freshener. The cabin was a bit musty. It wasn't horrible and we adjusted, but I would have liked an air freshener.
I'm sure I'll think of some more, but that's a good start. If any questions, ask away.
Near Tampa, Florida
3,418 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Thanks for your input. I've packed the salt/pepper and will also bring some red pepper flakes!

Did you do the El Morro tour in Santiago or El Cobre? Would like to know if these were good or if we should do our own thing in Santiago.

Can we get our ship card punched to put on lanyard?

What time were you able to board on embarkation day?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Most of my reviews: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...mberName=tbmrt
9/16/17 MSC Divina
5/7/17 Fathom Adonia
12/9/16 Windstar Windsurf
9/10/16 Royal Caribbean Oasis of Seas
11/30/15 Celebrity Equinox
12/12/14 Celebrity Equinox
5/19/14 Caribbean Princess
12/10/13 MSC Divina
12/13/12 Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas
12/14/11 NCL Dawn
12/03/10 NCL Sky
10/16/10 NCL Sun
06/05/10 Bahamas Celebration
12/04/09 NCL Sky Bahamas
11/30/09 Royal Caribbean Majesty Bahamas
11/29/09 NCL DAWN WAS CANCELLED!
12/08/08 Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean
12/07/07 Carnival Legend Western Caribbean
2,947 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
I have done El Morro and El Cobre and while both were great, I LOVED El Cobre. Beautiful church, amazing steel drum band, and beautiful people. We also had time to see some of Santiago as well.

And just to note, we were there during Holy Week so a mass was going on so we really couldn't explore the church that much.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
beth

*~*~*~

Past Cruises ~ 4/1983 - SS Emerald Seas, Bahamas; 7/2013 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 2/2014 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 7/2014 - HAL ms Westerdam, Alaska; 2/2015 - Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean; 7/2015 - RCCL Radiance of the Seas, Alaska; 7/2016 - RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Mediterranean/Venice; 12/2016 - fathom Adonia, Cuba; 2/2017 - Disney Magic, Bahamas; 4/2017 - fathom Adonia, Cuba and Dominican Republic
Future Cruises ~ 7/2018 - Jewel of the Seas, Greek Isles; 2/2019 - Celebrity Edge, Western Caribbean; 4/2019 - Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera