Cruise ships Comming in Days Early to FL to Drop off passengers

miched

Miched:

Respectfully..... what do you propose the cruise lines do here?? I am sincerely curious, since you feel adamantly that they're mishandling the situation. Giving folks a choice is frankly VERY accommodating. Putting people OFF early, with no means of getting on flights or in hotels, is just NOT good.

It is a perfect solution, given the circumstances. Everyone can decide for themselves the best option given their own personal situation. Excellent job by the cruise line.

I agree it's a perfect solution! Cruise lines can't stay out indefinitely, they must port to get fuel & supplies somewhere..What better place than home port for today & those Psgrs who want to get out can & those who want to stay on board can..I would be delighted to take an extra cruise to no where & not have to pay extra..:cool:

It is a perfect solution, given the circumstances. Everyone can decide for themselves the best option given their own personal situation. Excellent job by the cruise line.

Agree. It is hard for anyone to complain since they had options.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm sure there are plenty of Floridians on these ships who want to get off to secure their homes, pets, relatives, etc. Or others who need to be back home before a certain date and don't want to be delayed waiting out the storm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

If I were in this situation, glad I'm not, I would have to stay on the ship. We would have had to fly out of FLL or MIA since we live in California. Flights are being cancelled and the airports have said they will close when they get a sustained 35 MPH wind FLL has already said 745PM Friday will be its last flight.. So if you get off the ship early you would have to try and change your flight in what looks like a nightmare scenario at the airport.

Edited by sasset
additional information

I would never book a Caribbean cruise in September. It is too risky. Unfortunately people will book cruises during hurricane season. Stupid? Risky? Attracted to a low price? Whatever the reason, the ship's fill their cabins. We know people who book Caribbean cruises during hurricane season. They are hooked in by the cheap prices. Wonder how many people will wish they had stayed home.

I read that Royal Caribbean is using Enchantment of the Seas to evacuate employees and their dependents. The ship became available after the hurricane forced a cancellation of a scheduled Bahamas cruise. Nice move by the company.

NCL did that with the Sky also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would never book a Caribbean cruise in September. It is too risky. Unfortunately people will book cruises during hurricane season. Stupid? Risky? Attracted to a low price? Whatever the reason, the ship's fill their cabins. We know people who book Caribbean cruises during hurricane season. They are hooked in by the cheap prices. Wonder how many people will wish they had stayed home.

Silly. Why not book during hurricane season? In most cases, you may have an itinerary change. In most cases, I wouldn't care at all.

We booked for a September cruise. We knew it was hurricane season, but having lived in a hurricane prone area we took the chance hoping that we would be good to go. It wasn't cheap either as we just booked in July. It is our "empty nester" get away. Since we decided to go last minute this was pretty much our only option. Now we sit and wonder if we will sail next week and if not where will we go? Would we book again in the future during hurricane season? Probably not, but do we regret doing it? No.........and the cruise is sold out.

Some people may have special occasions that they want to celebrate on a cruise. Ours is scheduled for the 15th from Miami. Will it be delayed and/or cancelled, it's highly likely. We will be disappointed but we were smart enough to buy insurance.

I would never book a Caribbean cruise in September. It is too risky. Unfortunately people will book cruises during hurricane season.

The hurricane season in North America is five months long, so you suggest that cruise lines should not offer Caribbean cruises for 42% of the year.

A hurricane is really only a critical problem when its path includes the embarkation or disembarkation port. Otherwise a hurricane just means a different itinerary which could include the original ports in a different order or a new set of ports.