My Dream Wedding on the Carnival Dream W/PICS!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises
Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:35 PM.
Upstate NY
33 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Thanks so much for the GREAT review!!!! We are getting married on The Dream 10/12/13 and cannot wait!!!! This is soooo helpful.....I am starting to stress though about hotel/transportation the day we fly in! Help! I see that you guys drove in the day before. We are flying in from upstate NY and so are our guests - there are the 2 of us and our 4 children. So, with that being said, we don't want to spend a fortune on transportation to/from the hotel - I think we will stay at the Radisson - but how did your guests get to the hotel. I have read several posts about renting a car...so now we are thinking that may be the way to go for the 6 of us (our 6 other sailing guests haven't booked their flights yet). I'm dying to hear what you did....

Thanks and Congratulations!
239 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Another question lol for your personalized napkins, who did you go with? theknot.com? I'm just wondering if you feel whoever you ordered from did a quality job with them and was worth the money
South Carolina
38 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
The pictures are beautiful! Congratulations!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!! Love your flowers!

(side note...I had the same wedding gown for my wedding, and all of my BMs wore the same dress as yours in Plum!! LOL...we must have done well matching their dresses with ours haha!)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

-------------------------------------------
Carnival Paradise - April 2018
Carnival Sunshine - April 2017
Carnival Valor - November 2016
Carnival Paradise - November 2015
Carnival Fascination - May 2015
Carnival Dream - April 2013
NCL Sky - August 2009
NCL Dawn - September 2005
NCL Dawn - July 2003
PCL Big Red Boat - April 2001
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - March 2000
St. Louis, MO
141 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by bella23
Thanks so much for the GREAT review!!!! We are getting married on The Dream 10/12/13 and cannot wait!!!! This is soooo helpful.....I am starting to stress though about hotel/transportation the day we fly in! Help! I see that you guys drove in the day before. We are flying in from upstate NY and so are our guests - there are the 2 of us and our 4 children. So, with that being said, we don't want to spend a fortune on transportation to/from the hotel - I think we will stay at the Radisson - but how did your guests get to the hotel. I have read several posts about renting a car...so now we are thinking that may be the way to go for the 6 of us (our 6 other sailing guests haven't booked their flights yet). I'm dying to hear what you did....

Thanks and Congratulations!
Sorry it took so long to get back to you married life has been hectic with my husband getting a promotion requiring us to move to Buffalo NY (im so nervous for the winter after living in SC for the past 2 years haha) and buying our first home The radisson was awesome and I would definitely recommend staying there as there was a lot going on to keep your mind from going crazy thinking about your upcoming wedding. As for the transportation to the hotel from the airport that was a generous gift from my inlaws. They rented a large coach bus that transported all of our guests to the hotel from the airport and also back to the airport from the cruise terminal at the end of the week. I know the hotel also provides transportation but they do charge you by the person I would look at van shuttles or renting a car might be cheaper too, but shop around I'm sure you'll find a great deal. And happy wedding planning!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCI Harmony of the Seas - September 2016

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Dream - February 2013

My DREAM Wedding Review
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1793081
St. Louis, MO
141 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by 4EverHis2013
Another question lol for your personalized napkins, who did you go with? theknot.com? I'm just wondering if you feel whoever you ordered from did a quality job with them and was worth the money
yes I used the knot.com and I loved them and I even saved a few for a scrapbook Definitely worth the money I think i waited until they went on sale and got 50 cocktail napkins for like 12.99 or something like that. And 50 was more than enough
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:

My DREAM Wedding Review
St. Louis, MO
141 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by amoody914
The pictures are beautiful! Congratulations!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!! Love your flowers!

(side note...I had the same wedding gown for my wedding, and all of my BMs wore the same dress as yours in Plum!! LOL...we must have done well matching their dresses with ours haha!)
thank you!! That is so funny about our dresses. I actually never even planned for the bridesmaids dresses to match mine I gave them full reign just told them the color and said I preferred a long gown I even gave them the option of getting different ones, in the end I LOVED the way the dresses looked together
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:

My DREAM Wedding Review
2,112 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Congrats to you and Your hubby. What a Blessing.. It seems like U are starting a Beautiful New Season,,,, Take it, Embrace it, and Know GOD wouldn't have given all of this to you if he didn't know that U could handle it

Enjoy Life

Originally posted by albean86
Sorry it took so long to get back to you married life has been hectic with my husband getting a promotion requiring us to move to Buffalo NY (im so nervous for the winter after living in SC for the past 2 years haha) and buying our first home The radisson was awesome and I would definitely recommend staying there as there was a lot going on to keep your mind from going crazy thinking about your upcoming wedding. As for the transportation to the hotel from the airport that was a generous gift from my inlaws. They rented a large coach bus that transported all of our guests to the hotel from the airport and also back to the airport from the cruise terminal at the end of the week. I know the hotel also provides transportation but they do charge you by the person I would look at van shuttles or renting a car might be cheaper too, but shop around I'm sure you'll find a great deal. And happy wedding planning!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Shatima loves to Cruise,

Carnival Destiny Sept 10-15,2011
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1489279

Carnival Freedom May 13~19,2012
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1#post33874424

Me on the Nate Berkus Show 4/2012
http://www.thenateshow.com/videos/de...my-floor-plan/

Upstate NY
33 Posts
Joined Jul 2012

Buffalo!!! We are only a couple hours away. Thanks for the information. I am checking into a shuttle (Travel Lynx) - suggested by a Cruise Critic member (love this site). Congratulations and good luck in Buffalo!

Deb
United States
18 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Your pictures were gorgeous! My fiance and I are planning a carnival wedding August 2014 and I have been apprehensive about the lack of control you can have over the event but reading these forums have made me feel so much better. Thanks for sharing!
2 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Hello,

You pictures are gorgeous and congrats on your wedding!

I noticed on your wedding day timeline it included "Free time for guest" from 11:15am-12:45pm for your guests to go explore the ship and grab lunch. Was that option included in your wedding package or did you have to pay extra for your guest to eat lunch before the ceremony?

Thanks in advance.
California
25 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
The Lido deck is open and serving food as soon as guests are allowed to board the ship. This is a great place for everyone to hang out, since most everyone will not have access to their rooms yet. If you have non-sailing guests, there is an option to pay for them to enjoy the food on the lido deck, but there is no real procedure for them to get checked. We had one non-sailing guest at our wedding and we didn't pay the extra fee, but I'm not sure if he went to the lido deck with everyone else or if he explored the ship until our wedding.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]
St. Louis, MO
141 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by oreshaw
Hello,

You pictures are gorgeous and congrats on your wedding!

I noticed on your wedding day timeline it included "Free time for guest" from 11:15am-12:45pm for your guests to go explore the ship and grab lunch. Was that option included in your wedding package or did you have to pay extra for your guest to eat lunch before the ceremony?

Thanks in advance.
Thank you! Can't believe we're celebrating 2 years next month, time flies! As all of our guests were sailing with us they were free to grab lunch and do whatever they want. Unfortunately their rooms were not ready at this time so they were all ready for the wedding before we got on the ship. I believe there is an option to pay for non-sailing guests to have lunch also but honestly there's no way for them to check so I wouldn't worry about it. Hope this helps
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:

My DREAM Wedding Review
Arizona
282 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
We had 14 sailing guests and 11 non-sailing guests. The lunch buffet is included for sailing guests. We did pay the $10 for each non-sailing guest to eat at the buffet before the ceremony. Most people say it's not a problem to get them in without paying and nobody really checks, but I didn't want to risk it over $110. And I certainly didn't want to take the chance that someone did check and they couldn't eat.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fascination - Dec. 2009
- Jacksonville, FL to Key West & Nassau

Carnival Dream Wedding Cruise - June 22-29, 2014
- New Orleans, LA to Cozumel, Belize, & Isle Roatan

Lake Worth,Florida
48 Posts
Joined May 2012
A question for those who already had their weddings. Do you have to buy a package of the photos? Or can you just buy a few? It's not the first wedding for either of us so we would just like a few pics, not $1000 worth.
Thank you.
Joanna
FL
1 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Hi! Great review!! Quick question, who put the ribbon for your cake on? Is this something the wedding coordinator can do? Or does it have to be arranged before the ceremony? And how do you know what the signature drink is? Thanks!

For the ceremony I had made rack cards on vistaprint just thanking everyone for coming and being a part of our special day. I had also made ribbon wands for everyone to wave when we walked back down the aisle. I also provided silk rose petals for the aisle.

For the reception I had the custom napkins, pink and blue straws, signature drink signs for the bar. More rose petals for the cake and favor table and our cake topper and ribbon for the cake plus the favors and guestbook. The rest of the decor in the disco was fine. As a bonus they had the dance floor lit up in our wedding colors navy and pink (which I did not ask for but made everything come together!)