2017 Brides!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises
Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:11 PM.
maryland
68 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Originally posted by stepharredon
After picking a venue and looking over our budget, going to wedding expo's, stressing all the details... we decided to go with a Carnival wedding!

My fiance proposed August 2015 (my birthday) on the carnival sensation. We figured we love cruising, the price is right and why not have a long celebration!

We have already booked the Carnival Vista on January 22, 2017 and will be changing it to our wedding cruise!
Congrats on booking the wedding! Can't imagine a more stress free option.
houston
117 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by makeese
Congrats on booking the wedding! Can't imagine a more stress free option.
The Vista is sooo pretty! I have to admit I'm a little jelly of all you Vista brides
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Triumph, August 2015

Lake Worth,Florida
48 Posts
Joined May 2012
We are booked on the Vista on 1/22/17 also. We have decided to do our wedding in Jamaica at Shaw Park since the ship was booked on boarding day. Any idea if it's easy to do in Jamaica?
Newburgh, Indiana
50 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Hello, My name is Jan and we are planning a July 9th, 6 day cruise out of Miami, on the Vista. We do not have the cruise booked nor do we have the wedding booked. I am wanting the wedding to take place the day we set sail in Miami because I do have family that will no be cruising. I want to go ahead and book now because I am so worried (yes I am the worrier) that locations will not be available or the cruise could be booked; my fiancé wants to wait until July 2016 to book (no, he worries about nothing). Just kinda freaking out how it all comes together.
Oh, I am the mother of 3 (19,18 and 17), they will be giving me away. Very happy I found this board, it makes it very very real
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
mper&date=3-24-2012&text=Ready to sail again....&ship=Carnival Dream[/IMG]
Lake Worth,Florida
48 Posts
Joined May 2012
I would not wait to book your wedding Jan. I called Friday and reserved the last spot for our ceremony in Jamaica for our January 22, 2017 Vista cruise. We wanted to do in in Miami but it was already booked 11 months out.
Bloomington, Indiana
231 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Woohoo - we now have about half of our invited guests who have booked their cabins! We're still missing some fairly major people for the wedding (my maid of honor, the best man, and one of my sisters), but I'm really happy we have this many people this early.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
March 2001 - Ecstasy, Nassau
March 2006 - Celebration, Key West and Nassau
March 2007 - Fascination, Key West and Playa Del Carmen/Calica
Sept. 15-19, 2008 - Majesty of the Seas, Key West, Nassau, Coco Cay
April 2013 - Carnival Victory, Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk
Minneapolis, MN
155 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Hi everyone! Big question: we've just decided to get married (yay!) on a Carnival cruise later next year - possibly around September or later. How early did you start planning your weddings? Am I already behind? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Diane

Douglassville, PA
67 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Hi everyone. I'm an Oct 2017 bride. We're booked along with our kids, my fiance's mother, sister, brother in law already! 598 days to wait! We're sailing on the Pride out of Baltimore and getting married on the beach in Grand Turk. Since this is our second marriage, we are doing everything very low key. We weren't even going to invite anyone but we set up a website sharing our plans and sent it to our very close friends and family.
Congratulations to you all!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Pride October 2017
Wedding Cruise to Freeport, HMC and Grand Turk!

Carnival Pride October 2015
Bahamas

Carnival Dream April 2013
Exotic Western Caribbean

Bloomington, Indiana
231 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by drerickson77
Hi everyone! Big question: we've just decided to get married (yay!) on a Carnival cruise later next year - possibly around September or later. How early did you start planning your weddings? Am I already behind? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Depending on how big you're wanting to go, you shouldn't be that far behind! My fiance and I booked our wedding at the end of December 2015, and won't be married until May 2017. I don't believe there's anyone else who has yet scheduled their weddings for our sailing, either. Other than a lot of paperwork to fill out, we don't really have all that much to do for our wedding at this point. We have to buy our attire, and our wedding party needs to do the same, but other than that (and saving money!) we don't have a lot to do for the actual wedding for several months.

You should have plenty of time. If you have your hearts set on a particular date, ship, or location, I would recommend booking sooner rather than later to guarantee your spot.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
United States
3 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Hello everyone!

I just got engaged on Monday and am soooo excited to book our 2017 cruise wedding!! We are hoping to book within the next couple weeks. We are going with a carnival cruise & shooting for a February 27th departure date. Cant wait to be able to book & be relieved of the stress of securing the cruise we want! lol congrats to all the 2017 brides!
houston
117 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by drerickson77
Booked my wedding in December of 2015 and wont be getting married until July 2017. So I think it all depends on the person. My fiance has chosen his tux and I will go dress shopping in April. I started designing my website and save the dates right away. I even booked a designer to paint a guestbook map for me and glad I'm did bc she cant start on it until this summer. I think the planning process depends on the person. I love planning so this is fun for me. I dont think that you are behind at all. The best part of having a wedding on a Carnival ship is that a lot of the big details are already taken care of for you if you so choose. This board is a great resource as well. Good luck and happy planning!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

houston
117 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by SaveTheDate
how far in advance does everyone plan on trying to view a wedding day setup on the ship they are planning on using?
I just learned last week that this was even an option. I too am curious to see when the other brides are completing this step if at all. I'm assuming the ship/wedding visit would need to be at least 3 months before your own wedding so there would still be enough time to inform the Carnival/The Wedding Experience of any changes you would like to make.

Do you know if Carnival charges for this service?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Newburgh, Indiana
50 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
2017 is booking up fast. I had previously posted that we were going to get married on July 9,2017 on the Vista, but guess that was not the plan. I called and they are already booked up for this date, the next they had available was July 23, 2017...so July 23rd it is. We are booked, wedding ceremony/reception paid for...now the waiting begins. My daughter and I went to "look" at dresses this weekend and that truly all we could do, the bridal store was PACKED. They said that December/January would be a good time to start looking for a dress...uugh (I will be very white and pasty this time of year)...so I guess I will wait, would love to drop a few pounds before then anyway.
So...word form the wise, DON'T wait to book!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
mper&date=3-24-2012&text=Ready to sail again....&ship=Carnival Dream[/IMG]
Orlando, FL
19 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by BimTheDuck
The Vista is sooo pretty! I have to admit I'm a little jelly of all you Vista brides

So TOTAL change of plans.. The Vista was booked but we decided it was too long of a cruise for some our guest anyways. So we went with the VALOR, May 11th, 2017 leaving out of Port Canaveral. We did a tour on Saturday and fell in love with the cruise wedding!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Glory-2009

Carnival Sensation- 2015

Orlando, FL
19 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by jstamper
2017 is booking up fast. I had previously posted that we were going to get married on July 9,2017 on the Vista, but guess that was not the plan. I called and they are already booked up for this date, the next they had available was July 23, 2017...so July 23rd it is. We are booked, wedding ceremony/reception paid for...now the waiting begins. My daughter and I went to "look" at dresses this weekend and that truly all we could do, the bridal store was PACKED. They said that December/January would be a good time to start looking for a dress...uugh (I will be very white and pasty this time of year)...so I guess I will wait, would love to drop a few pounds before then anyway.
So...word form the wise, DON'T wait to book!

I had the same issue with the vista but instead we went with the Valor on a shorter cruise so more guest can join.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Glory-2009

Carnival Sensation- 2015

Orlando, FL
19 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by BimTheDuck
I just learned last week that this was even an option. I too am curious to see when the other brides are completing this step if at all. I'm assuming the ship/wedding visit would need to be at least 3 months before your own wedding so there would still be enough time to inform the Carnival/The Wedding Experience of any changes you would like to make.

Do you know if Carnival charges for this service?
We just did a tour on Saturday. It's a free service for up too two tours. However we are over a year out for our wedding cruise. We did the tour to make sure this is what we wanted. It was a blast! We even got to see a wedding. I highly recommend doing a tour.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Glory-2009

Carnival Sensation- 2015

Bloomington, Indiana
231 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by ajaxisarobot
I'm getting married on the Carnival Vista on May 6, 2017! I'm so excited!
Woo!! We're going to have a changing-of-the-brides - I'll be getting married on on the the Vista when your cruise returns on the 14th!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
Portage, MI
32 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by Reportress
Woo!! We're going to have a changing-of-the-brides - I'll be getting married on on the the Vista when your cruise returns on the 14th!
I'm so excited! But also SO nervous. I literally just booked two days ago so I haven't gotten my welcome pack yet and I keep stressing about menus and locations and the schedule and everything!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming
Carnival Ecstasy ~ 2/11/2018
Star Princess ~ 4/21/2019

Past
Carnival Vista ~ 5/6/2017
Carnival Fantasy ~ 11/23/15
Carnival Sunshine ~ 9/13/14
Carnival Fantasy ~ 10/28/13
Carnival Dream ~ 11/3/12