Looks like it is under new ownership ...

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:27 PM.
2,374 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Kevin Sheehan, former CEO of NCL, and Oneil Khosa, former CEO of Indian cruise line Blue Ocean, have "purchased Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line" according to My Palm Beach Post. There's another article at Cruise Industry News.

Sheehan was the CEO that brought NCL out of financial trouble over his 7 year tenure there (I think he was there 7 years!)

It will be interesting to see if they expand operations and / or improve this line!
Stuart, FL by way of North Shore, MA
1,068 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by fshagan
Kevin Sheehan, former CEO of NCL, and Oneil Khosa, former CEO of Indian cruise line Blue Ocean, have "purchased Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line" according to My Palm Beach Post. There's another article at Cruise Industry News.

Sheehan was the CEO that brought NCL out of financial trouble over his 7 year tenure there (I think he was there 7 years!)

It will be interesting to see if they expand operations and / or improve this line!
Great I like Kevin from his days at NCL.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

I Love Transatlantics
San Francisco, California
1,081 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
This is good news for PCL as Kevin is a good guy and has an acute business sense which is in large part why NCL is where it is today.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
| C.J. Knox |

2,374 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by cjknox
This is good news for PCL as Kevin is a good guy and has an acute business sense which is in large part why NCL is where it is today.
I agree, I think he did a good job at NCL. I'd like to see another line with ships in the 1800 to 2000 passenger range that are updated and have some new innovative ways of doing things. Kevin seemed to listen to the customers first, then see if he could make what they wanted work in the business.
Kentucky
1,940 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
I didn't see this thread before I started one of mine own. He said there will be increased capacity so looks like grand celebration will be getting a sister. I wonder if they will try to get another holiday class ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
549 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I wonder if the timeshare "free cruise" will be axed? It did help fill the shop but ruined the reputation of the ship. Although I utilized it twice
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grand Celebration
Bahamas Celebration
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
St Pete, FL
266 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Originally posted by mawvkysc
I wonder if the timeshare "free cruise" will be axed? It did help fill the shop but ruined the reputation of the ship.
Couldn't agree more. The ship and cruise experience is basically legit but a lot of the peripheral stuff around it is not really up to snuff. I expect that much of that will be addressed.

I wouldn't think they'd increase capacity at WPB with another ship since it seems like at times they may be having trouble filling the ship?

Maybe they would consider expanding to a different port though? e.g. Tampa or Jacksonville? Although I'm not sure what destination would be in reach for those on a 2 nighter.

I think there is a market for the 2/3 night cruises though and the major lines largely don't want to mess with it. My only real complaint about our holistic Grand Celebration experience was the time spent driving from St Pete to WPB for such a short cruise. If we lived in WPB or if they expanded to Tampa we'd probably sail every so often.
West Palm Beach, FL
247 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
I do believe they will add an additional ship to another destination out of the port of Palm Beach. Hopefully they will take it upon themselves to purchase another Carnival ship like the Fantasy or Escape that would fit in the port. It is exciting!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
06-14-2011 Bahamas Celebration
06-11-2013 Bahamas Celebration
SouthEast Florida
1,239 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by pinkie60
I do believe they will add an additional ship to another destination out of the port of Palm Beach. Hopefully they will take it upon themselves to purchase another Carnival ship like the Fantasy or Escape that would fit in the port. It is exciting!
I would love it if they added a ship over to Bimini out of Palm Beach!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

9/2018.... Carnival Horizon
9/2018.... Carnival Horizon
01/2018...Norwegian Escape
11/2017....Grand Celebration
7/2017....Ruby Princess

5/2017....Grand Celebration
09/2016...Norwegian Escape
1/2016.... Carnival Ecstacy
11/2015....Grand Celebration
9/2014....Carnival Victory
5/2014....MSC Divina
11/2013..Carnival Glory
9/2013....Carnival Paradise - #10!!! I made it!
1/2013.....Carnival Imagination
11/2012...Carnival Breeze

10/2012...Norwegian Pearl
9/2012.....Carnival Destiny
11/2011..Carnival Inspiration
6/2011....Carnival Destiny

6/2011....Bahamas Celebration
5/2011....Carnival Imagination
11/2010..Carnival Imagination

5/2010....Bahamas Celebration
9/2010....Carnival Liberty
11/2009..Carnival Imagination

6/2009.....Norwegian Sky
8/2008.....Enchantment of the Seas
5/2008.....Majesty of the Seas

9/2001.....Discovery Sun
8/1999.....Discovery Sun

9/1992.....Nordic Prince
Centerville, Ohio, USA
8,871 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
I appreciate the information and do agree about the negative effects timeshare presentations may have made on the cruise line. Years ago, I went to one such presentation and that poisoned my interest in doing anything like that again for any reason. Never felt more sales pressure than then! (I never ran out of the word "NO", however.)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
52 cruises: 31 Holland America, 4 Princess, 4 Carnival, 3 Pacific Far East Line, 2 Cunard, 2 Royal Viking Line, 1 each: Celebrity Cruises, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Sitmar, American Hawaii, Home Lines
Ocala, Fl.
10,943 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
I'm happy to hear it, I really want to see them succeed and perhaps expand. I like that they re-use older tonnage, it gives me a chance to explore the ships. I'd never have gotten to see a Holiday class ship if not for PCL.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grady's Past Cruises

Royal Caribbean: 36, Carnival:23, Celebrity: 2, Other Lines: 4