Does anyone actually buy this cruise from the cruise line?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:45 AM.
14 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
I tried plugging in many dummy dates into their website, www.bahamaparadisecruise.com. Every date, even more than a year out shows sold out.

I started a chat session, and they said they would have to call me, which they did about 15 minutes later from a number that ID's as Plaza Resorts.

I didn't quite understand the reason, but apparently they don't take bookings online anymore... only by phone. So the only way to even get a price is to talk to someone on the phone.

I refuse to do business that way... I'm curious, does anyone? It seems many people here got their cruises for free from timeshares or other promotions.
Maryland
141 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
I called the cruise line directly and spoke to Ormondo. The price was the same if I booked it online and $20 per person cheaper if I had purchased a Groupon. I wanted to be next door to my friend so we booked a day apart. Try the phone number 800- 995-3201 or 954-414-1320.
19,591 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
I would also be cautious in dealing with someone who represents a party that I didn't expect to receice my call, much more give my personal details. There are groups who secures a phone number where a single digit is different from the real number you call, like credit card companies, cruise lines, airlines and others. They take advantage of a single error when you dial and pretend to be the receivong party. I was once a victim of that modus operandi.
I make a deal on the phone if the person I talk to represents the company I am calling when they answer the call.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Palm City, Fl
4,158 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
It's a legit company, the ship sails regularly from it's berth in Riviera Beach, Florida.

We know because we went for our Global Entry card interview in the brand new CPB building that sits right next to the berth. It took us awhile to find a parking spot as everyone was arriving to board the ship.

It is an older Carnival ship, but I cannot remember the name that Carnival had for it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Spirit 2003 (Caribbean)
Carnival Fascination 2004 (Caribbean)
HAL Noordam 2004 (Norway)
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 ( E. Mediterranean)
Carnival Glory 2010 (b2b E+W Caribbean)
Emerald Princess 2012 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2012 (Panama Canal-full transit)
Ruby Princess 2014 (Caribbean)
HAL Ryndam 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Ruby Princess 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2016 (Journey-E. Caribbean)
HAL Zaandam 2016 (BA to Santiago)

HAL Zuiderdam 2018 (Partial Canal)
HAL Maasdam 2018 (Tahiti)
Maryland
141 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
I just got back from the cruise, June 20th and it was a good cruise. I first spoke with Armondo to make my It didn't have all the bells and whistles but the food was good, the room was clean and the Taino Beach in Freeport was beautiful. I paid $824 for four people, which I thought that was good. Gratuities were $25.98 for each person. I bought only one set of pictures for $19.98. For around $250 per person, I thought it was a great trip.
Louisville
426 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
I booked online for the 9/2/17 sailing. Upon completion of booking, I got a message reminding me to check in online, but I didn't get a confirmation e-mail. I reached out to BPCL on Facebook and they took care of it, but it sounds like they could very well be cleaning up the booking engine.

There were not many cabins left on my sailing, nor was there a Groupon or Living Social deal for that date. The 9/30/17 sailing had already sold out.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2/19/17 - Carnival Sunshine - Port Canaveral (Freeport, Nassau, Half Moon Cay)
9/2/17 - Grand Celebration - Palm Beach (Freeport)
9/15/18 - Carnival Splendor - Long Beach (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta)
4/21/19 - Carnival Conquest - Fort Lauderdale (Nassau. Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Amber Cove)
West Palm Beach, FL
247 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Ok so you were duped. When you look at the URL that you typed in, you typed bahamaparadisecruise.com. The actual cruise line URL is bahamasparadisecruise.com. You received a call from the timeshare company not the actual cruise line. The difference is the s in Bahama versus Bahamas. That happens all the time. Save yourself a lot trouble and call the cruise line not the timeshare. This is a legitimate cruise line and a great cruise. I have sailed on her 3 times. Good luck.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
06-14-2011 Bahamas Celebration
06-11-2013 Bahamas Celebration
St. Cloud, FL
38 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
I have been on this cruise line 3 times already. I only book using Groupon. I can get a cruise for around $400 for 2 people to cruise which includes the Groupon price for an ocean view cabin plus taxes and port fees. Once I purchase the Groupon I contact the cruise line to book the date I want on the number that is on my Groupon. I have never had to attend a timeshare presentation as I have heard from many people say they had to do. I live in Florida so it's a short drive to the port for me and it's a great "gotta get away" ship. We have enjoyed it and am looking for a new Groupon now to book my next get away.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Breeze 3/2019: Western Carribbean
Carnival Paradise 9/2017: Cuba
Carnival Magic 6/2017: Eastern Carribbean
Grand Celebration 2/2017: Bahamas
Grand Celebration 9/2016: Bahamas
Carnival Victory 6/2016: Bahamas
Grand Celebration 2/2016: Bahamas
Grand Celebration 9/2015: Bahamas
Royal Carribbean Enchantment of the Seas 1/2015: Bahamas
Carnival Sensation 10/2010: Bahamas
Carnival Inspiration 6/2009: Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Norweigian Cruise Line Spirit 10/2008: Cruise to Nowwhere
Carnival Destiny 7/2007: Southern Carribbean
The South
1,052 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
There are many website that are associated with this cruise line some of them have pictures of the old cruise ship. Say away from them but other with updated pictures are still timeshare companies so make sure you are at the right website.

The actual company sends me great last minute deals. I will take one soon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Star Princess (Love Boat, 2004) Fantasy 2007 (New Orleans), Carnival Elation 2010 (Mobile), Carnival Ecstasy 2011 (Galveston), Carnival Ecstasy 2011 (Port Canaveral), Oosterdam 2012 (Alaska), Carnival Ecstasy 2012 (Port Canaveral), Carnival Ecstasy 2013 (Port Canaveral, Spring Break, one last time), Carnival Elation Summer 2013, Carnival Elation,Summer 2014, Carnival Elation,Thanksgiving 2015, Grand Celebration October 2016, Carnival Fantasy ,Thanksgiving 2016, Carnival Fantasy October 2017, Carnival Dream June 2018.
48 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
Originally posted by thinfool
It's a legit company, the ship sails regularly from it's berth in Riviera Beach, Florida.

We know because we went for our Global Entry card interview in the brand new CPB building that sits right next to the berth. It took us awhile to find a parking spot as everyone was arriving to board the ship.

It is an older Carnival ship, but I cannot remember the name that Carnival had for it.
It sailed for carnival as the Carnival Celebration!
1,238 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
I never book direct - When ever they have the craft fair in my area I go and spin this wheel at a table and almost always win a $500 off gift card - I make the hubby spin also to double my chances - Anyways when you go online to punch in the gift card code it tells you that you can save an additional $50 if you book that day so I end up paying about $150 for 2 people for 2 nights plus gratuities and parking when I get to the boat so all together less than $125 per person

Now I am told that I need to go to Ft lauderdale in order to pick up my certificates - Last time they called about a week ahead of time and said if I agreed to a time share presentation they would buy me breakfast and give me a 2 night hotel stay in orlando - I decided to go to the presentation instead of driving to ft lauderdale (look for my review if you want more info on this) - Needless to say when I go the "cruise documents" from them it was nothing more then a printed piece of paper telling me where to go - When I went to the port I gave them nothing but my passport and they pulled up my reservation and on the boat I went
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
40 Nights at Sea!

Past Cruises
Carnival Liberty - Nassau - 3 Nights - 08/31/17
MSC Divina - W Carribean - 7 Nights - 12/23/16
Carnival Valor - Nassau & Freeport - 3 Nights - 12/11/16
Carnival Victory - Nassau - 3 Nights - 09/01/16
Bahamas Celebration - Freeport - 2 Nights - 3/31/16
Norwegian Epic - Barcelona - 9 Nights - 12/19/15
Carnival Sensation - Nassau - 3 Nights - 09/03/15
Carnival Sensation - Nassau -3 Nights - 04/30/15
Disney Fantasy - East Caribbean - 7 Nights - 12/19/14
Carnival Paradise - Cozumel - 3 Nights - 12/19/13
Ocala, Fl.
10,944 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
We booked directly through the cruise line both times.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grady's Past Cruises

Royal Caribbean: 36, Carnival:23, Celebrity: 2, Other Lines: 4

14 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Originally posted by pinkie60
Ok so you were duped. When you look at the URL that you typed in, you typed bahamaparadisecruise.com. The actual cruise line URL is bahamasparadisecruise.com. You received a call from the timeshare company not the actual cruise line. The difference is the s in Bahama versus Bahamas. That happens all the time. Save yourself a lot trouble and call the cruise line not the timeshare. This is a legitimate cruise line and a great cruise. I have sailed on her 3 times. Good luck.
That's exactly what happened... the website you gave works great.

Incidentally the page I was looking at seems to have disappeared. Good riddance.

Thanks!
2,377 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
The cruise line was purchased in January by a group that includes Kevin Sheehan, former CEO of NCL, and
managing partner Oneil Khosa, a veteran of Blue Ocean Cruises (an Indian company, I believe), so many of us are watching to see what happens with it. I suspect when the contract runs out with the time share company you will see a different company emerge entirely. They already really upped the game with their new website.

The Grand Celebration is the largest ship they can sail out of Port of Palm Beach so I'm wondering if the line will add another ship of that size, or expand and cruise out of another port. I don't know Blue Ocean at all, but I did like what Sheehan did at NCL (I don't really want to debate the pros and cons of NCL in here, but just want to give an indication why there are many "watchers" keeping track of this line).
Florida
3,832 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by cruisingadget
I tried plugging in many dummy dates into their website, www.bahamaparadisecruise.com. Every date, even more than a year out shows sold out.

I started a chat session, and they said they would have to call me, which they did about 15 minutes later from a number that ID's as Plaza Resorts.

I didn't quite understand the reason, but apparently they don't take bookings online anymore... only by phone. So the only way to even get a price is to talk to someone on the phone.

I refuse to do business that way... I'm curious, does anyone? It seems many people here got their cruises for free from timeshares or other promotions.
I called the cruise line directly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL- Mariner 04 (GS) Majesty (GS) Jewel (GS) Enchantment (RS) Freedom (OS) Voyager - Med 07 (GS) Monarch (GS) Majesty (GS) Oasis (CL) Explorer (GS) Allure (D1) Liberty (GS) Explorer (JS) Quantum (D7) Quantum (SJ) Enchantment (GS) Liberty (JS) ) 17 cruises
Carnival - Victory (PH) Sensation (S1) Legend (PH) Miracle (GS) Victory (8C) 5 cruises
Seabourn - Pride (All Suite) Quest (PH) 2 cruises
Disney - Wonder (5D) Dream (4D) 2 cruises
Princess - Star (PH) Crown (PH) Royal (MA) Regal (MC) Ocean - British Islands 14 (MB) Regal (M1) 6 cruises
Cunard - QM2 - July 05 (A1) QM2 July 10 (Q6) QE August 15 (BA) 3 cruises
NCL - Dawn (AF) Pearl (GV) Jewel (A3) Dawn (AF) Spirit (OS) Gem (A2) Dawn (AB) Jewel (A3) Epic (A3) Gem (BE) Star (SF) Jade - Turkey 12 (S2) Gem (S5) Breakaway (S4) Escape (M2) Sky (Cuba) (BB) 16 cruises
Celebrity - Constellation (CC) Century (PH) Solstice (S1) Summit (SS) Millennium (S1) Reflection (S1) Constellation (RS) Edge (E1) 8 cruises
HAL - Westerdam 06 Alaska (SA) Eurodam (PS) Koningsdam (V) (B) twice 4 cruises
Crystal - Symphony (A1) 1 cruise
Silversea - Whisper (V3) 1 cruise
Virgin Voyages

63 cruises so far...

Coming Up...

Princess Regal (M1) 11/13/2017
Silversea SilverWhisper (V1) 12/16/2017
HAL Koningsdam (B) 12/27/2017
Celebrity Edge (S2) 4/14/2019
Virgin Voyages 2020