Debarkation quick enough to go to work?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:08 AM.
GA
98 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Hi, Our son just started work today in WPB, so we are very interested in cruising out of Palm Beach. We'd love for him to go w us sometimes on the weekend. If we returned to port at 7 am on a Monday, do you think he could get off quickly enough to be at work by 9?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kbklcruiser

Big Red Boat (Nov 91)
Carnival Legend (July 11)
Carnival Sensation (Jan 12)
Carnival Freedom (Jan 13)
Explorer of the Seas (Aug 2016)
Vision of the Seas (Nov 2016)
Upcoming!
Carnival Vista (Nov 2017)
Carnival Horizon (Apr 2018)
Maryland
141 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
It took a while for us to get off the ship. I wouldn't take the chance. Thry tell you if you have to fly, make sure it's after 12 noon.
GA
98 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Ok, thank you

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kbklcruiser

Big Red Boat (Nov 91)
Upcoming!
Houston, Tx
14 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by kbklcamp
Hi, Our son just started work today in WPB, so we are very interested in cruising out of Palm Beach. We'd love for him to go w us sometimes on the weekend. If we returned to port at 7 am on a Monday, do you think he could get off quickly enough to be at work by 9?

It will be close. Arrived back at Port today. We had our passports and only a carry on piece of luggage We planned on the getting off early 8:00. That did not happen. I made it out to the parking lot at 11:15 and had to wait and 10-15 minutes to get our car.

GA
98 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Was it slow bc of crowds or Customs? I hope you enjoyed the cruise

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kbklcruiser

Big Red Boat (Nov 91)
Upcoming!
Louisville
426 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
The line for those with US Passports was literally only about 1/10 as long as it was for those who did not. That said, we didn't actually begin debarkation until about 8:00 AM this morning.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2/19/17 - Carnival Sunshine - Port Canaveral (Freeport, Nassau, Half Moon Cay)
9/2/17 - Grand Celebration - Palm Beach (Freeport)
9/15/18 - Carnival Splendor - Long Beach (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta)
4/21/19 - Carnival Conquest - Fort Lauderdale (Nassau. Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Amber Cove)
Stuart, FL by way of North Shore, MA
1,068 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by tidecat
The line for those with US Passports was literally only about 1/10 as long as it was for those who did not. That said, we didn't actually begin debarkation until about 8:00 AM this morning.
Hi Tidecat, did you notice if there was an excursion to Taino Beach Resort? It has been closed since Hurricane Matthew last fall. I am planning on going on the cruise soon and I really prefer the day pass at Taino Resort to Lucaya.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

I Love Transatlantics
Louisville
426 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by keeponcruising
Hi Tidecat, did you notice if there was an excursion to Taino Beach Resort? It has been closed since Hurricane Matthew last fall. I am planning on going on the cruise soon and I really prefer the day pass at Taino Resort to Lucaya.
I did not see one listed in the ship's offerings. I did not go ashore this cruise.

They do appear to be open from their Web site, but it looks like a number of days in September are unavailable for booking.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2/19/17 - Carnival Sunshine - Port Canaveral (Freeport, Nassau, Half Moon Cay)
9/2/17 - Grand Celebration - Palm Beach (Freeport)
9/15/18 - Carnival Splendor - Long Beach (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta)
4/21/19 - Carnival Conquest - Fort Lauderdale (Nassau. Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Amber Cove)