Revised Itinerary

captjohn

Dear Guest and Valued Travel Partner,

Please allow us to inform you of an important itinerary adjustment to Seven Seas Explorer’s 14-night, Southern Caribbean Charm voyage, sailing roundtrip from Miami on December 20, 2017.

Thankfully, many islands were spared the full force of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. However, we must replace our calls to Roseau, Dominica and Philipsburg, St. Maarten with Fort De France, Martinique and St. John’s, Antigua. This adjustment will help ensure that we can truly deliver The Regent Experience, which our guests have come to know and love.

Seven Seas Explorer’s new itinerary is as follows:

DATE

DAY

PORT

ARRIVE

DEPART

Dec 20

Wed

Miami, Florida

Embark

5:00 PM

Dec 21

Thu

At Sea

Dec 22

Fri

At Sea

Dec 23

Sat

Willemstad, Curacao

10:00 AM

11:59 PM

Dec 24

Sun

Kralendijk, Bonaire

8:00 AM

6:00 PM

Dec 25

Mon

At Sea

Dec 26

Tue

St. George's, Grenada

10:00 PM

Dec 27

Wed

Kingstown, St. Vincent

11:00 PM

Dec 28

Thu

Castries, St. Lucia

7:00 PM

Dec 29

Fri

Fort de France, Martinique

7:00 PM

Dec 30

Sat

Basseterre, St. Kitts

10:00 PM

Dec 31

Sun

St. John's, Antigua

7:00 AM

2:00 PM

Jan 1

Mon

At Sea

Jan 2

Tue

At Sea

Jan 3

Wed

Miami, Florida

Disembark

We have updated itineraries on Eastern Caribbean voyages due to Hurricane Irma and Maria. For the time being, we've replaced calls to San Juan, St. Maarten, and Dominica. Please visit our website to view the new and revised itineraries which have been updated today.

I imagine that there might be additional changes as we go forward. For example, electricity has been restored to Gustavia, St Barths but there are outages throughout the rest of the island...and significant damage to the island itself. I don't envy the cruise lines trying to assess these situations.

Just got an email from Regent via my TA that the Dec 8 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean dropped San Juan (the first port) and replaced it with Basseterre, St. Kitts. This is great for us as we have been to SJ but not St. Kitts. I'm sure the people of SJ could use the port fees and tourist dollars, but from with I am reading and seeing, they have much bigger issues now and ahead of them. 8^(

Excursions for SJ were canceled, but the list for St. Kitts is not showing yet. No information is posted or in the email regarding when that will open.

SS//

Getting to go to St. Johns Antigua, lucky you. IMO a way better port than San Juan.

In St. Johns Antigua you are close to Montserrat and can book a Copter from there for a fly-over. It has been about 20 years since half of the Island was destroyed and partially buried in a pyroclastic eruption. The scenery is amazing. I don't know if the ship offers this, but we booked it privately, with another couple and a single (copter seated 6 guests) for about a grand.

J

Travelcat2, we are on the same cruise as you and as soon as I received the notification of the itinerary change I logged into my account to select a new excursion but found they have not been posted yet. I like you will try again next week. I'm sure they will do their best to get the excursion up as soon as they can.

Travelcat2, we are on the same cruise as you and as soon as I received the notification of the itinerary change I logged into my account to select a new excursion but found they have not been posted yet. I like you will try again next week. I'm sure they will do their best to get the excursion up as soon as they can.

Agree with you and we are not concerned about the port change. I checked excursions that are offered in St. Kitts for another cruise and will have no problem choosing one.

Haven't seen you on Roll Call? Perhaps you would like to stop by there and say hi:D

We are on the explorer on December 11. We are supposed to go to Puerto Rico. Have not yet been informed which port they are replacing it with. We get on the explorer on November 20 and don't get off until January 14 or 15th. So there will be lots of changes for us. We have been to most of the island so it doesn't much matter to us where they take us.

We are on the explorer on December 11. We are supposed to go to Puerto Rico. Have not yet been informed which port they are replacing it with. We get on the explorer on November 20 and don't get off until January 14 or 15th. So there will be lots of changes for us. We have been to most of the island so it doesn't much matter to us where they take us.

According to the Regent website, Explorer is in Basseterre St Kitts on December 11. Our cruise on the Mariner also substituted Basseterre for San Juan.

I'm finding it interesting that most of us don't mind or care that the itinerary is being changed. I am happy that we will be going to St. Barts/Barths because they will need tourist business when they reopen for cruise ships. Puerto Rico, on the other hand, is so badly damaged and in need of help -- it is so sad.

I'm finding it interesting that most of us don't mind or care that the itinerary is being changed. I am happy that we will be going to St. Barts/Barths because they will need tourist business when they reopen for cruise ships. Puerto Rico, on the other hand, is so badly damaged and in need of help -- it is so sad.

am on a different cruise line in Dec. Where did you read that St barts is opening for Dec? any wors on St Maartins or Totola. i have 4 ports that I no idea where i am going to instead. i get off from there and join Rergent.

Travelcat2, I am confused that you mention going to St Barts and note that the OP's cruise (and mine, as I am taking this cruise too) does not go there. Do you mean you are going to it on another date this season? I thought it was badly hit and currently not taking in cruise ships.

am on a different cruise line in Dec. Where did you read that St barts is opening for Dec? any wors on St Maartins or Totola. i have 4 ports that I no idea where i am going to instead. i get off from there and join Rergent.

Travelcat2, I am confused that you mention going to St Barts and note that the OP's cruise (and mine, as I am taking this cruise too) does not go there. Do you mean you are going to it on another date this season? I thought it was badly hit and currently not taking in cruise ships.

where are you seeing St Barts? any word on other ports at all? i wish my other cruiseline would tell us something.

It does get confusing when we are all talking about different cruises. We will be in St. Barts on November 20th (we're doing the 25 night Amazon cruise that departs Miami November 17th). According to this article (dated September 22nd), St. Parts should open for cruise passengers October 30th https://www.caribjournal.com/2017/09/22/st-barth-2-0-moving-ahead-island-continues-recovery/#.

While it is not one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean, I am happy that we will be there to support the locals.

Edited by Travelcat2

While your best source should be the cruise line, if you Google the port(s) that you are concerned about, you are likely to get information in terms of when they will be open to passenger ships.

well from reading the 3 boards of the cruiselines i am using this winter i would say I might be in St Barts. SJ is 50/50. neither i cared about .the two i like are the ones that are the mess. Tortola and St M's. as they were early Dec i say not going. But would like a word.

It is the regent cruise posted here i wish i had taken as it ended up a good cruise.

Regent cruise is the same as it heads to S America.

Here's another itinerary change. From my cruise rep that I spoke with, he said that PR won't be reopening till end of Spring. But it's still too early to really put firm dates, based on the devastation.

Dear Guest and Valued Travel Partner,

Please allow us to inform you of an important itinerary adjustment to Seven Seas Explorer’s 10-night, Heavenly Sunsets voyage, sailing roundtrip from Miami on January 30, 2018.

Thankfully, many islands were spared the full force of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. However, we must replace our call to San Juan, Puerto Rico and Philipsburg, St. Maarten with Basseterre, St. Kitts and a sea day. This necessary adjustment will help ensure that we can truly deliver The Regent Experience, which our guests have come to know and love.

Seven Seas Explorer’s new itinerary is as follows:

DATE

DAY

PORT

ARRIVE

DEPART

Jan 30

Tue

Miami, Florida

Embark

Jan 31

Wed

At Sea

Feb 1

Thu

At Sea

Feb 2

Fri

Basseterre, St. Kitts

10:00 AM

8:00 PM

Feb 3

Sat

Castries, St. Lucia

12:00 PM

8:00 PM

Feb 4

Sun

St. John's, Antigua

12:00 PM

11:00 PM

Feb 5

Mon

Gustavia, St. Barts

Feb 6

Tue

At Sea

Feb 7

Wed

At Sea

Feb 8

Thu

Nassau, Bahamas

Feb 9

Fri

Miami, Florida

Disembark

Seven Seas Explorer’s exceptional staff and crew look forward to welcoming you on board. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your Travel Agent or call our reservations department at 1-844-4 REGENT (1-844-473-4368).

We thank you very much for understanding the need to adjust our itinerary.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises