??What to do/see from the port of Toulon??

flamomo

Our Crown Princess cruise later this year will port in Toulon twice about a week apart.

I have no idea what might be considered worthwhile things to see or do there. I know I could google it, but am interested in what others have done there that was interesting and enjoyable.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Hi, if you scroll to the previous page on 14 January there were a couple of questions on Toulon on with 32 replies and scroll again to the next page on 25 August 2017 another similar question with 43 replies. I'm in the same dilemma! Good luck!

Our Crown Princess cruise later this year will port in Toulon twice about a week apart.

I have no idea what might be considered worthwhile things to see or do there. I know I could google it, but am interested in what others have done there that was interesting and enjoyable.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

A search of the board will probably be more helpful than a Google search. I recall a number of posts in 2011 when I visited. We ended up going to Aix on a ship tour because it was a Sunday and I didn't have the energy to try and work my way around public transport. I don't think it was the best use of our time because we have subsequently been to Marseille and could have visited Aix from there much more easily.

Hi-

We toured Cassis (beautiful fishing village) where we took a boat tour to see the Calanques (limestone cliffs) and then had lunch and toured Aix-en-Provence. We used Catherine of Tour Designer in Provence who was excellent. She is very knowledgable, easy to talk with, and was happy to customize our trip. She lives in Aix and took us to a superb local restaurant for lunch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We spent a relaxing day in Toulon and took the cable car up to Mont Faron, visited the market on Cours Lafayette, visited the Naval Museum, strolled over to Place de la Liberte (Toulon's main square) & had lunch in one of the outdoor cafes. As we had some time to kill before returning to ship, we hopped on the little tourist train at the Toulon port - you can read about it here:

http://toulontourisme.com/things-to-do/toulon-urban-side/toulon-tourist-trains/