Is there any new updates on Orient Beach? A few months ago I read that the French in

volk904

Bikini Beach Bar just posted on their social media page (FB) that they are open for business and place looks great.

I haven't been able to find anything recent on their facebook page. Can you provide a link, perhaps I am not on a current facebook page?

My wife and I returned from a cruise last week. One of our stops was St. Martin. We took a cab to Orient Beach, $20.00 for the two of us, and asked to be dropped off at Perch Lite. The roads were fine on the drive over. It took about 30 minutes. We got there early, about 9AM, and there were just a few people on the nude beach. We rented two chairs and an umbrella, $20.00, and enjoyed the beautiful beach for several hours. The Perch Lite bar was opened as well as a few other bars and shops on the other side of the rocks that separate the nude side from the topless side. As the day wore on the beach filled up, and became more crowded, but there was still plenty of room and chairs and umbrellas.

Overall, a great day at the beach, despite all the destruction.

My wife and I returned from a cruise last week. One of our stops was St. Martin. We took a cab to Orient Beach, $20.00 for the two of us, and asked to be dropped off at Perch Lite. The roads were fine on the drive over. It took about 30 minutes. We got there early, about 9AM, and there were just a few people on the nude beach. We rented two chairs and an umbrella, $20.00, and enjoyed the beautiful beach for several hours. The Perch Lite bar was opened as well as a few other bars and shops on the other side of the rocks that separate the nude side from the topless side. As the day wore on the beach filled up, and became more crowded, but there was still plenty of room and chairs and umbrellas.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. :) Was the taxi $10 pp per way? Was it easy getting a taxi for the ride back?

I agree, we were there May 1 and Club Orient and Papagayo haven't started re-construction yet, but clean up is underway. Papagayo on the south end still shows the collapsed roof. We did have a good time on the beach. As FC said the drive up there was good.

Cab ride was 10 dollars each for my wife and me. However, on the return trip back to the port, the driver charged us $8 per person. And there were several taxis waiting there at Orient beach.

Thanks you. The taxi prices are set so they should be the same price both ways.