Sandals Day Passes Suspended

Sampiggy

I just saw this on Sandals website in regards to day passes. Ouch. Breezes is looking a bit better:

SANDALS ROYAL BAHAMIAN

DAY PASS$150.00

EVENING PASS$180.00

FULL DAY PASS$300.00

I'm not surprised. Both Breezes and RIU raised their prices quite a bit so it makes sense.

I just saw this on Sandals website in regards to day passes. Ouch. Breezes is looking a bit better:

SANDALS ROYAL BAHAMIAN

DAY PASS$150.00

EVENING PASS$180.00

FULL DAY PASS$300.00

Ouch. It said $115 last week. Something tells me the suspended passes is no longer a problem. Decisions.

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.sandals.com/faqs/

Then click: Can I get a Day Pass?

I've heard/read you have to call the resort directly a day before to see if they are issuing passes for the day you want.

Phone: +1 242-327-6400

Thanks so much for your reply. We'll be onboard Symphony of the Seas. I'm going to try and email the resort from the ship a couple of days before we arrive in Nassau. We will travel there by bus from downtown so even if I don't hear from the resort in advance, it's still worth going to the resort the day of to try for resort pass availability.

Can anyone advise how far away Sandals is from the cruise port and the approximate taxi cost?

We got married at Sandals in Jamaica in 2001 and haven't been to any other of their resorts so it would be nice to go for the day if we could get the chance.

Thanks

Can anyone advise how far away Sandals is from the cruise port and the approximate taxi cost?

We got married at Sandals in Jamaica in 2001 and haven't been to any other of their resorts so it would be nice to go for the day if we could get the chance.

Thanks

Google says 5.7 miles and 22 mins. Sandals is located on Cable Beach for reference. Here's a good link with info:

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda2_000184.htm

Thanks

We were remarried at Sandals Royal Bahamian for our 25th wedding anniversary. Obviously, loved loved the resort. We're going to try for a day pass from Symphony of the Seas on Friday, Nov. 30. I see you're on MSC Seaside. What day will you be in Nassau?

Kathy

Thanks

We just did this yesterday!! AMAZINGGG!!!

So when you get off the ship, you will be BOMBARDED with the usual people asking you to take excursions, etc.

We were worried about getting there too late for a pass so honestly we didn’t “shop around” for transportation, we wanted to get there ASAP!

We found a taxi driver to take us, and while he was getting his vehicle, another guy (tried to) lie to us, saying our driver wanted us to take horse and carriage ride to sandals. Haha! Anyways.. it was $30. Took about 15 minutes to get there.

On the way back, we split a cab with another couple on the ship so it was $15/each.

If anyone has any questions just let me know!!!

PS—- hope everyone going loves RUM!!!!

So when you get off the ship, you will be BOMBARDED with the usual people asking you to take excursions, etc.

We were worried about getting there too late for a pass so honestly we didn’t “shop around” for transportation, we wanted to get there ASAP!

We found a taxi driver to take us, and while he was getting his vehicle, another guy (tried to) lie to us, saying our driver wanted us to take horse and carriage ride to sandals. Haha! Anyways.. it was $30. Took about 15 minutes to get there.

On the way back, we split a cab with another couple on the ship so it was $15/each.

Was it crowded at the resort?

We were remarried at Sandals Royal Bahamian for our 25th wedding anniversary. Obviously, loved loved the resort. We're going to try for a day pass from Symphony of the Seas on Friday, Nov. 30. I see you're on MSC Seaside. What day will you be in Nassau?

Kathy

We're actually on Mariner of the Seas first and in Nassau on the 18th of November and then on Seaside which is in Nassau on the 30th November, so as there's 14,446 passengers on the 18th with six ships in port and 20,407 passengers on the 30th November with five ships in port and Seaside arrives at 12 noon, it'll likely be the 18th we'll try and go as Mariner is in port earlier. Not sure we'd get a pass to Sandals at 12 noon if you can't book them in advance.

We're actually on Mariner of the Seas first and in Nassau on the 18th of November and then on Seaside which is in Nassau on the 30th November, so as there's 14,446 passengers on the 18th with six ships in port and 20,407 passengers on the 30th November with five ships in port and Seaside arrives at 12 noon, it'll likely be the 18th we'll try and go as Mariner is in port earlier. Not sure we'd get a pass to Sandals at 12 noon if you can't book them in advance.

I thought of all the ships in port as well. In addition to our ship the Symphony and the Seaside, Norwegian Bliss will be there as well on the 30th. Both Seaside and Bliss arrive at noon. As of right now we arrive at 10:00 so that should be helpful. Not sure how busy Thanksgiving week will be at Sandals. Although they don't celebrate the American holiday, I know a lot of people take the whole week off for vacation. Best wishes. Hope you can get in on the 18th.

What was your day like when you arrived? Where did you eat lunch?

Did you use any of the watersports?

What time did you leave the resort to be back to your ship for all aboard time?

Was it crowded at the resort?

Not at all! We went to the beach as soon as we got there, because the bar wasn’t open yet (opens at 10:30).

All of the umbrellas and cabanas were reserved for guests staying there. Apparently, guests with butlers have that luxury. But there were still chairs open to use.

There are two pools. One was more like a “party pool”, where music and the entertainment was. And then there was another one that seemed more chill and reserved. We were able to get chairs and an umbrella at the party pool, but there were several spots open at both.

What was your day like when you arrived? Where did you eat lunch?

What was your day like when you arrived?

We went to the beach when we got there, and when the bar opened we moved to the pool for the rest of the day!

Where did you eat lunch?

They had two restaurants open for lunch, the buffet and the grille. We went to the buffet, and it was amazing. The food for the day was “Caribbean” theamed. Apparently the grill ha burgers, hot dogs, etc. I also saw a nacho bar set up before the restaurants opened but we didn’t eat it. ALSO.. there’s a little Pizza Bar open all day.

No— everything was closed because of the rough seas. It was pretty windy while we were there. But, if it had been opened we could have used anything. There is a shuttle that takes you across to the sandals island, where there is snorkeling, more chairs/umbrellas and 2 more restaurants, pools and bars. Was a little bummed we didn’t get to see it!

We were supposed to be back on board at 4:30, so we left at 3:30 and got back on the ship at 4! The front desk called a cab for us.

Just a little FYI— make sure you have an ID with you. They require it, and keep it in a lock box while you are there.