Which Christmas Cruise would you take?

mls128

Hi all! I know I am posting on the royal board so answers are obviously going to be more biased towards Royal but still looking for feedback. My husband and I have had a horrible/traumatic year and I do not feel like I can deal with Christmas with our families this year and need to escape. Obviously it is easier to just tell everyone we are going on a cruise instead of coming up with an excuse to avoid the day. We also can't go anywhere with Zika so that eliminates basically everywhere in the Caribbean but the Bahamas. We are on a limited budget considering we already went to Hawaii for 2 weeks this year and probably shouldn't even be going on a cruise. But, like I said I just need to escape. I guess a lot of people have the same idea because the Christmas cruises are so much more expensive. The other issue is most of these cruises leave on 12/21, my husband works shift work and it falls on the worst possible timing for his schedule and will be taking a crazy number of days off. But, most after that leave on 12/28 which doesn't fix my Christmas problem. I am lucky to have off work 12/21 through the new year. With the price of flights, we are better off going out of one of the ports we can drive to so I narrowed it down to these 3 cruises.

Anthem of Seas, leaving 12/21 8 nights to Bahamas, $1,018 PP.

Thinking this one is best value/nicest ship. Cruisewatch says price likely to go down (not sure). Husband would have to take 5 days off work which sucks. We like Royal from past experiences.

Norwegian Escape, leaves 12/21, 7 nights Bahamas & Florida, $949 PP

We have wanted to try Norwegian. I also like that it stops in Florida. Same sucky dates though.

Carnival Pride, leaves 12/23, 7 nights to Bahamas, $1,049 PP

So this cruise appeals to me because the dates are way better which makes it feel like a better value since less days off of work. I've been on Carnival before and don't hate it like a lot of people do but obviously Royal is nicer. Cruisewatch says price likely to increase?? Why on earth is this Carnival Cruise the most expensive. If this was the cheapest, I would pick it. But spending more money for this then the other two seems crazy, right?

What would you choose? How does NCL compare to the other two? Thanks!

I can't speak for the ships, so I would weigh the itineraries, overall cost and decide on which one best suites you the best. Myself, I prefer longer cruises. Look also at the times you will be in each Port, things to see on each. While I don't have any family problems, the daughter & I also needed an escape from the traumatic experience of losing her father, my DH last September so we will be going to Hawaii round trip out of San Pedro next March. Enjoy whichever cruise you decide upon. :)

I've only been on the Escape. I like her, had a great time, love that I can get a drink package included (and a solo room) that has so far been cheaper than Royal.

Anthem is on a class of ship I want to try sometime. I've heard she's much better for cold cruises as there's a lot more indoor space. Escape has A LOT of outdoor space - loved it, but I cruised her out of Miami.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cruise corporations clearly know when people start and end Christmas break based on prices.

I would choose the Pride based on the 5 days off needed to take the cruise unless he gets paid for those days. I also think the Pride is the best Carnival ship in the fleet. The highest square footage per passenger, the best design and layout in my opinion and about 1.5 passengers to crew ratio. I would choose Anthem if the days off were not a factor if for no other reason but one more day on vacation. I like Royal and Carnival better than Norwegian and personally would not consider the escape due to service, square footage per passenger and design.

I love cruises but considering everything...and that you just need to escape...and your vacation day issues...just go away locally for several nights

Make it 2 long weekends if you want to avoid family on both Christmas and New Years

Anyway for a cruise my vote goes to 8 nights on anthem

Sent from my iPad using Forums