Ladies, what kind of purse do you use when cruising?

We leave on FOS June 20th. I would like to find a new purse that will work at the airport, on the ship, and in the ports. I know I want a shoulder strap. I'd also like an outer pocket for sunglasses and my cell. I'd also like an inner zip pocket. I'd really like to take 1 purse that will go with everything I wear. Is that even possible? Do you take a purse with you into ports? I probably won't take one into Coco Cay but I might into St. Thomas and St. Martin. Do you carry a purse around with you on the ship?

I would love any advice! If you have something you love, please suggest it and maybe even post a picture! Thank you!

I love cruises because I don't have to carry a purse EVER!

For the airport (before I moved to Florida) I simply placednecessary ID in my carryon case along with a brush, money, etc. That ID gets placed in the safe onboard. All I carry then is my little retractable lanyard with my seapass card which I hook to my shorts and tuck in my pocket.

For shore excursions..a hip pack or a beach bag is fine.

Love to be purse free on a cruise..don't have to worry about it at all.

Deb

Have a look at the Kipling site , they do some fantastic purses , if your looking for something with lots of zipped pockets you will find it there . I have the Milas Kipling bag and its ideal for holidays it has loads of zipped sections and an inner note wallet to keep money and cards etc , all their purses come in several colours , you would be spoilt for choice , can be a bit pricey depending on the size but they are all very sturdy and of good quality .

I do not carry a purse onboard (except for Formal Night); I don't feel I ever need one and if I have a pocket in my capris for my SeaPass card and lip gloss, I'm happy. In port, hubby carries a backpack for the both of us. For beach days, I bring a beach bag from home.

Come over to the Fashion Board; this might get moved there, anyway.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I second Vera Bradley has some cute stuff I like the style called the "hipster" but they make all kinds of styles and fun colors-lightweight

I also love Kipling-lightweight and waterproof great for beach/water sport type excursions . They can be pricey- but sometimes if you catch a Macys one day sale you can get a good deal.

Those would be my choices http://www.verabradley.com www. kipling.com for pics of bags.

Alrana

I carry a little black back pack from Wal Mart while in port. While on the ship I never carry anything. I keep a lanyard for when I need my sea pass. The backpack slips right into my carryon and it has lots of little pockets for "stuff". I'm just not a designer kind of girl.

I love cruises because I don't have to carry a purse EVER!

For the airport (before I moved to Florida) I simply placednecessary ID in my carryon case along with a brush, money, etc. That ID gets placed in the safe onboard. All I carry then is my little retractable lanyard with my seapass card which I hook to my shorts and tuck in my pocket.

For shore excursions..a hip pack or a beach bag is fine.

Love to be purse free on a cruise..don't have to worry about it at all.

Deb

I'm so with you on this one!

I don't take a purse when I cruise. On the ship I just have my seapass card on a lanyard and my lip balm in my pocket. I recently bought this bag for excursions because I can use it cross body or as a shoulder bag. I put my glasses in the pocket that is for a cell phone (vertical narrow pocket) and my camera fits in the square zippered pocket for easy access. The inside has lots of storage and slots for credit cards, so you don't need to take a wallet if you don't want to. Comes in lots of cool colors, too.

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/walletbagg-large-crinkle-nylon/47357?productid=791917

Edited by emilygrace

I like the Kipling bags. I have a few of the bags. When cruising I take a small shoulder bag - so many pockets I have to look to find my stuff. I am at the age I need reading glasses and I like a copy of the daily Compass in my purse. I also like it to hold a small camera for excursions or other photo ops. So I am not one of the - 'only need the seapass crowd'. I had to experiment with several styles of bags (including sportsacs) before I found something that fit my needs.

I won't do the 'backpack' thing because of the warnings about pickpockets. Check TJMaxx and watch internet sales for Kipling bags. I washed one bag in the sink with regular detergent and hung it to dry. The next day it was as good as new (I did remove Mr. Monkey before washing).

I bring something small...I need my lipstick, comb, tissue, and someplace for my cabin key....

Ashore, I carry a tote of some sort....we generally do "beachy" things, so I need space for my book, sunscreen, etc....

I don't carry anything too large, or I end up carrying everything for everyone...I'm not a packmule!

Have you checked out AAA? I've found a few great pieces there. Also, I don't want to carry much in some ports (safty reasons) I picked up a wallet you hook on your sneakers. Came in so handy in Italy....kept my money in there and never had to worry about pickpocketers. They are wide spread in some ports...I still use it when I go for a walk and might need $$ for something.:cool:

You may want to check the purses available on the Magellans website (www.magellans.com).

My personal favourite for travelling is the Pac Safe City Safe handbag. http://www.magellans.com/store/Shop_by_Brand___PacSafe_BagsLB379?Args=

I love all of the security features.

I originally bought my black one for a cruise holiday but it has since become my everday purse.

I have recently bought also from Magellan, the Daily bag. http://www.magellans.com/store/Packs__Purses___Totes___PursesLB084?Args=

I plan to bring it on my next cruise and use it when I go on shore excursions.

Hope this helps,

Donna

No purse for me either onboard or in port. I do use a huge Dooney and Burke tote on the plane because I can stuff alot of things into it including my camera etc.

I don't carry a purse on the ship and we just take a backpack when we are going to shore.

Do you take a purse with you into ports? I probably won't take one into Coco Cay but I might into St. Thomas and St. Martin. Do you carry a purse around with you on the ship?

Purse!? I don't want to carry around no stankin' purse on a ship!! My shorts pocket has my lipstick, my seapass card is stuffed into a small, thin waterproof box looped around a belt loop and in my pocket, or around my neck under my shirt. My sun glasses are on my face or head. God forbid I should be seen in one of those horrible fanny packs! Anything else on board I can go back to my cabin for.

As for off the ship, I carry a beach type bag with minimal supplies. Again, any cash and ID are in my waterproof badebox tucked away out of sight. I just prefer to travel light, y'know?

:D I love the Travelon Bags - nice adjustable shoulder strap that you could even adjust as a waist pack. Tons of storage but stays a nice, compact size. Even has an

expandable zipper to make the bag larger. It holds

my camera, glasses, wallet, water bottle, small travel

wallet with some cash and a cc or two. Also a book, travel tickets and passports with room to spare. I love the zippered pocket on the backside that you could really hide

some valuables in. Also, the credit card slots are only visible to you when you open the bag. I have two - one in

beige and another in a floral island print. I got the first

one on QVC but you can find them on www.bagbuys.com , too. made of microfiber so easy to clean.

I use a small evening bag for formal nights -- and just a nice fabric tote for the ship - I like to bring a book or two along and need my reading glasses and visor.

Edited by HamburgAvonLady

I'm another backpack person. I don't bother with a purse in port. I have a normal-size backpack that I use for a couple credit cards, ID, money, lipstick/chapstick, hand sanitizer, bottle or two of water, hard candy, camera, sock monkey, small bottle of OTC meds, sunscreen, and a towel or two for the beach. If we're not going to the beach, I can put some small souveniers in it instead of the towels.

I like the fact that my pack has a small pocket that is on the backside (where it rests against your back) that I use for my money and credit cards.