Internet packages on costa cruise

lovelife64

Does any one knew the prices of the new Internet packages by volume on coste cruise (250mb to 3G)

No rates in their website

Thank in advance for your answer

I was on few Costa cruises but so far remember that they sold internet packages only for limited time - not amount of data in MB. Do you know anything about changes in their billing system ?

Hello. i've just copied and pasted this from the british Costa site. Sorry,could'nt find anything else. Hope this is of some help.

Happy cruising.

The freedom to log on whenever you like.

Surfing the Net is easier on Costa ships! From today, if you have a laptop, palmtop, smart phone or any other wireless enabled mobile phone you can bring it on holiday with you and stay connected to the world and your friends. All our ships have a Wi-Fi service providing you with a high speed wireless connection to the Internet at any time.

Da oggi INTERNET con te a qualsiasi ora

You'll be free to surf the Net in all the common areas, pool deck and cabins covered by the Wi-Fi service. Choose the offer most suited to your needs: either pay-per-use, for occasional connections, or one of the various pre-paid price plans we offer. The cost of the service will be charged directly to your Costa Card.

News

Internet packages by volume

Surf the Internet without a time limit until your data volume is used up. The most affordable plan is ideal for all those who want to surf, mail or post occasionally. From 250 MB to 3 GB, you can upgrade this plan at any time and only pay the difference.

Social packages

Ideal for all those who want movement in social networks or want to post on Facebook. Depending upon your choice, you can book the package for 24 hours or for the cruise. The following social networks/services are included in the Social Media plan: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, WhatsApp, Threema, Snapchat, Google-plus, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Xing, LinkedIn.

The Wi-Fi packages are available on all Costa ships from 15 May 2016. You can also "pay as you go" to use the internet, with prices starting from € 0.19 a minute. The cost to create an account (a one-off fee) is € 3.

Please remember that you can only connect to the internet with one device at a time with one account.

The last Internet prices I have are as follow:

a. Registration €3

b. Pro minute €0.19

c. Social Media 24 hours €4

d. Social Media 7 days cruise €19

e. Data M 250 MByte €25

f. Data L 500 MByte €39

g. Data XL 3 GByte €99

I can confirm the above prices from the brochure I took last month. Speed was better than expected ,says hubby,but still fairly slow. We ran out of data quite quickly on the 250MB. I am a technically challenged person but I think it had something to do with apps running.

We thought the prices were reasonable though as we were on a Baltic cruise and our UK phone packages did not work in all the cities we visited. We wanted to keep in touch with daughter at home because she was not very well.

I could have a go scanning the document and attaching it if anyone is interested but there is little else on the brochure.

• 1 year later...

I cannot remember the social package. Maybe we have never used it. Can anyone help? I also had a look at MyCosta and I could not see anything like that either. Just this personalised package they want to flog. Mine has Pizza and Spa on :eek:.

Alicat

I cannot remember the social package. Maybe we have never used it. Can anyone help? I also had a look at MyCosta and I could not see anything like that either. Just this personalised package they want to flog. Mine has Pizza and Spa on :eek:.

Alicat

Thanks. I'll see what happens when I get on board and update back here.

We used the social package this time. It allows you Twitter, FB, Whatsapp and a few others we don't use. For the 7d it was €23 plus €3 registration. It was well worth it to hassle daughter and MiL whilst they were working and we were having cocktails!

Alicat

It was well worth it to hassle daughter and MiL whilst they were working and we were having cocktails!

Alicat

Please tell me more about hassle the dear MiL, I love such stories amybe even learm sopme tricks that I could use.

Welcome back.

Thanks GMT.

The secret is to be on different time zones and MiL must work(even if she is in her 80's).

You then post on your WhatApp family group ALL the time. You post food, drinks every bit of rubbish you can think of. When you've done that, you do the same on FB. You are bound to get a response like"stop showing off". Pity she does not use Instagram because then she would have had more from there!

Booked the Victoria from Singapore! Now there are time zones too behold.:halo:

Alicat

• 8 months later...

Anyone care to give an opinion. We are on a transatlantic and have 5 sea days in a row, then 2 more later. I am wondering if the cheapest 250 Mb at 32 euros would be enough to just check emails etc. those days. We don't need much else. Can anyone say in minutes what this is? Also, do you need to use your own device or does Pacifica have computers that you can access for these minutes without a further charge?

We stopped buying anything but the social media packages. Even the 500 Mb seemed to run out very quickly. We think because of apps running in back ground. I don't look at work emails when I cruise and we have the whole family on different Whatsapp groups. As we are mainly in Europe we don't need more when we are ashore and we avoid cruises with lots of sea days.

I am pretty sure they still have internet points but I have no idea whether you can use the packages on them. Suggest you call Costa and ask. Maybe someone else on the boards will be more helpful than me.

Alicat

Hi

We bought the 3GB package on a 22-day crossing on the Pacifica earlier this year, and it was enough for our needs, but we do tend to surf a lot (looking for cruises to book!) I would buy the 250 MB and see how you go. You can always buy more if you need it. You have your own account, so can use their computers as well as your iPad or phone. Just remember to clear all background programmes every time you log off.

Hi

We bought the 3GB package on a 22-day crossing on the Pacifica earlier this year, and it was enough for our needs, but we do tend to surf a lot (looking for cruises to book!) I would buy the 250 MB and see how you go. You can always buy more if you need it. You have your own account, so can use their computers as well as your iPad or phone. Just remember to clear all background programmes every time you log off.

Great, thanks. That is what we will do.