Anyone done Norway in a Nutshell excursion with P O lately how much ?

Tikka234

Hi we done Norway in a Nutshell in Flam 2 years ago when we went to the Fjords with PO but can't remember how much we paid for this excursion , we want to do it again next year was trying to remember how much we paid we have some others coming with us I think they will enjoy it we did.

Thanks

Hi, we did Norway in a Nutshell in Flaam in September 2017 - it was £112 per person when we pre-booked the excursion with P&O. It's a fantastic excursion and one not to be missed. We'd done the same excursion in 2015 and enjoyed that more as we were lucky and the weather was glorious. Last year the weather wasn't great, so it did spoil it slightly but I'd definitely do it again if visiting Flaam.

I've just checked my old emails and the first time we did this excursion it was in 2014 and it cost £105 per person. It therefore wasn't a huge increase in price in 2017 at £112 per person. It's always a very popular excursion and I would definitely recommend booking it soon after the excursions become available online ie don't wait until you board the ship.

Thank you both for replying, I thought it was our most expensive excursion but we really enjoyed it. So want to go again especially as we have 3 extra people who havent been before.

I wanted to give them an idea of prices it was a great day with lovely food at the hotel (I think it was a hotel/resturant)

Thanks again

Yes, lunch was in a hotel/restaurant in a place called Voss (I think). It was a very good buffet and you could help yourself to whatever you liked (it was beautiful salmon). I didn't bother with dessert as it was traditional Norwegian items ie jelly or blancmange. You could also have a bottle of beer, water or pepsi etc. The hotel is situated on the banks of a lake and on both our visits we chose to walk by the lakeside instead of going shopping. The first time we did the tour we had the coach journey first and returned by train. Last time it was done in reverse order. I think it's to cope with the number of passengers wishing to do this excursion.

Try to get a window seat on the train obviously but if you don't do your best to avoid someone taking pictures with an iPad. I spent most of the trip looking at the scenery on a woman's iPad while she took photos! I did mention it but it fell on deaf ears. The coach trip back to the ship is magical and in my opinion worth the cost on its own :)

Try to get a window seat on the train obviously but if you don't do your best to avoid someone taking pictures with an iPad. I spent most of the trip looking at the scenery on a woman's iPad while she took photos! I did mention it but it fell on deaf ears. The coach trip back to the ship is magical and in my opinion worth the cost on its own :)

We did have a window seat last time I just have a small camera, but agree with you about ipads as you say the trip is worth the money

Yes, lunch was in a hotel/restaurant in a place called Voss (I think). It was a very good buffet and you could help yourself to whatever you liked (it was beautiful salmon). I didn't bother with dessert as it was traditional Norwegian items ie jelly or blancmange. You could also have a bottle of beer, water or pepsi etc. The hotel is situated on the banks of a lake and on both our visits we chose to walk by the lakeside instead of going shopping. The first time we did the tour we had the coach journey first and returned by train. Last time it was done in reverse order. I think it's to cope with the number of passengers wishing to do this excursion.

Yes it was Voss very pretty views of the lake we went for a walk down to the town. You get enough time to enjoy all parts of the tour

What do you do on this tour? Sounds pricey, but then again the train ride is £50 alone even if you book it independently!

Our Britannia cruise is the end of August next year- what kind of timeframe will the excursions start being loaded?

The excursion is the train journey to Voss, a very nice buffet lunch at a hotel in Voss and then return by coach. I can recall the coach stopping at a waterfall and it possibly has other stops too. The itinerary can also be done in reverse order ie coach first and return by train. I've checked my old emails and once we departed at 9.45am and the second time it was 10am, so not too early. It is a full day excursion and, in my opinion, excellent value for money.

The excursion is the train journey to Voss, a very nice buffet lunch at a hotel in Voss and then return by coach. I can recall the coach stopping at a waterfall and it possibly has other stops too. The itinerary can also be done in reverse order ie coach first and return by train. I've checked my old emails and once we departed at 9.45am and the second time it was 10am, so not too early. It is a full day excursion and, in my opinion, excellent value for money.
Thank you for the info! I've heard a lot of good things about this excursion but not sure it would be for us as I don't enjoy sitting on a coach for ages

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the info! I've heard a lot of good things about this excursion but not sure it would be for us as I don't enjoy sitting on a coach for ages

Your not on the coach for that long, after the Flaam train you get another train to Voss have a lovely buffet lunch at the hotel 5 min walk from station, after lunch we had time to wonder around the lake or shops ( I think about an hour,) met the coach in the hotel car park, then a scenic coach ride with one or 2 stops were we walked a very short distant to a huge waterfall, then continued the scenic drive back to the ship.

Your not on the coach for that long, after the Flaam train you get another train to Voss have a lovely buffet lunch at the hotel 5 min walk from station, after lunch we had time to wonder around the lake or shops ( I think about an hour,) met the coach in the hotel car park, then a scenic coach ride with one or 2 stops were we walked a very short distant to a huge waterfall, then continued the scenic drive back to the ship.

Yes, I quite agree. The coach journey is probably about 1.5 to 2 hrs and with the stop(s) and gorgeous scenery, it isn't long at all.

Thank you, how long would you say it was on the coach overall? Even if its scenic my husband will hate it if its hours (he's one of those people who hate to sit)

Thank you, how long would you say it was on the coach overall? Even if its scenic my husband will hate it if its hours (he's one of those people who hate to sit)

My hubby doesn't like coaches much but the guide talks about the area we pass through and other facts so makes the time go a lot quicker. I can't remember how long but I would guess 1hour/1.5 hours, you get off for about 20/30 mins to go to waterfall so it's not one long ride.

My hubby doesn't like coaches much but the guide talks about the area we pass through and other facts so makes the time go a lot quicker. I can't remember how long but I would guess 1hour/1.5 hours, you get off for about 20/30 mins to go to waterfall so it's not one long ride.
Thank you that doesn't sound too bad at all

I know I'm in a minority but the train trip was ok, the stop in the hotel by the lake for dinner was good and lastly the return coach journey was wonderful and worth the cost on its own. It was around 90 minutes or so and the guide was superb and was obviously proud of her country. I'm not over fond of coach trips myself but it went by in a flash.

The train trip was only ok as it broke down in the station and we were late getting away by half an hour. It was also so busy as the night before extra tickets were suddenly available by P&O which was strange as they had previously sold out. As I said I'm probably in the minority but preferred the coach taking us back to the ship.